PDA

View Full Version : Suzuki Bandit GSF250 brake sensor connector thingy

Wasp
20th August 2006, 11:41
Hey to all the Bandit family out there, I was wondering if you guys n girls could help me with a lil problem.

I've lost the little bit of metal that connects the rear brake sensor to the brake pedal and wof time is comming up, so i plan to get a new one fabricated.

Can anyone pull off their right hand/rear set (just undo the 5-6 allen bolts, you can leave the one on the master cyclinder in - 2nd from the top on the left) and take some measurements on the peice of metal please?

My frame is a GJ74A (1990) and it should look roughly like this:

.....____ (ignore the dots)
___|

and be about 3-4 cms long in total, so basically I need all the measurements to re-create the part (length,width of each sections and placement of holes, holes arnt too important as i can just drill them myself later)

Or if there is someone in the welly region who would be willing to go without it for a day or two while I copy it that would be awesome!

Wasp
21st August 2006, 08:34
Bumpity bump, cmon guys wof time is soon....

dnos
21st August 2006, 09:24
Dude will have a look tonight and let you know tomorrow morning k?

Wired1
21st August 2006, 13:11
What about a bit of wire bent to fit? do you need the brake switch to be working for a warrant & does that include the hand brake too?

Wasp
21st August 2006, 14:55
My temp peice of chopped up computer case bent and was only meant to be a temp fix for my restricted license anyway.

I've never had a wof done, last time on the old bike i just got the shop to do it (right next door so no worries or extra charge). will they just press the brake down and see if the brake light comes on?

Hand/front brake is fine.

poorbastard
21st August 2006, 15:22
If you want to make a propper copy your more then welcome to come rip the one off the bandit. But all you need is for the light to go a piece of wire should be ne for wof purposes as long as the light goes when the foot brake is pressed.

Fox Rider
21st August 2006, 18:54
Went and had a look...

There is a bit in behind the footpeg that you have to get under the bike to see... Hooks onto a little spring and pulls a rod down.. Is that the peice your meaning? Or am i way off?

Wasp
21st August 2006, 18:57
nope, spot on. bolts to the rear of the brake lever.

Fox Rider
21st August 2006, 21:42
Ummmm, Found it and its just a switch... Push down on the back brake leaver and it pulls a cable which somehow pushes a switch making the light go on...

What is this about a metal thingy lol?

Wasp
21st August 2006, 23:12
hmmm .... ......

To be honest ive never seen my own one, just one on another supposidly identical bike.

Im still pretty sure theres a bit of metal bolted to the rear of the brake lever (right next to the connector/bolt for the master cyclinder) to which a spring attaches to and the other end of that spring goes into the switch device located above it.

My frame is a GJ74A and the footpeg bracket looks like this:

oh fuggit, i guess i never uploaded it to onto here as i thought (footpeg bracket broke) ill get it off my work computer tommorow....

Fox Rider
22nd August 2006, 10:40
Easiest thing to do would be to rip the Covers off yours, take a picture, Post it up and then i can see what part your meaning...

Because there are alot of fiddily little doo hickys behind that plate lol, Just a matter of finding the right one...

So if thats possible that would be a big help.