PDA

View Full Version : New screen and crash bungs

SuperDave
20th August 2006, 19:38
I'm after a new clear screen to replace my current one that has been all foggy and discoloured since I bought the bike. I was thinking that seeing that I'm getting a new screen I might as well get a double bubble one because I've heard they are better? So where is the best place to source such a screen in Auckland and how much roughly?

I'm also thinking that some crash bungs would be a good investment, I'm after some decent quality ones similar to that of the Oggy brand. I've also found out that F1 Engineering down in Hamiltron sell a pair for around $160, they also look to be of higher quality. Where would you recommend sourcing a set of these as well as the necessary mounting gear? Also how much are we talking? Is the $160 of F1 a good deal for what you get?

Useful advice is really appreciated. Thanks

motobob
1st September 2006, 16:39
If you are still looking give Jason at Motostyle in Mt Eden a call. Should be under a $100. ph 377 0651. he is at 45 Mt Eden Rd.

Cajun
1st September 2006, 16:44
of if you wish ebay, and paypal
get you both

kickingzebra
1st September 2006, 16:52
Hard to fault Oggi knobs on quality mind, mines been down twice on the one knob now, has protected the fairing both times, and there is still possibly one crash left in it!
Mounting is simple, but on the LHS you have to cut a piece of the fairing out.
No drama, and once it's done, it looks like it was meant to be that way.
It's just a matter of High tension stainless bolts.

SuperDave
1st September 2006, 17:10
Cajun I did try to sign up for an Ebay account but it rejected my credit card, why it did this I have no idea.

Both items have been sourced, screen was through trademe - nice screen only downside to it is that it doesn't have the recessed lip where it bolts to the fairing, so the screen doesn't line up flush with the fairings, still looks great though. And it's quite strong and flexible, not bad for $120 new I reckon.

As for the crash bungs, decided to support Kiwi business and purchased a set of the guys at F1 Engineering down in Hamiltron, only heard good things about them so looking forward to them arriving next week in time to be fitted before the motoTT trackday. Was $175 including postage to my house.