PDA

View Full Version : War and Peace!! KZ actrix rd 4!

kickingzebra
21st August 2006, 09:40
As requested by Rossi Gal, Here is a copy and paste of my race report, although, for clarity I may add a few words... damn shfcknt tourettes

Magical mint day.

The rain threatened, but the last few races only had a few rain drops.
All in all, flippen good performance from all the KB guys I saw!!
Good stuff to Bruce and Darryl, for letting the newer generation get some muppetry practice in!!

Poos, that was just nasty!! And the scrub in session too!! Bugger!!! You still the man though bro!

Big ups to nicko for having his spare parts bin with him!!

Anthony was fair flying, the zx9 goes out on a good note!

Thanks to Mikey for crashing out after me!! Made my day! LOL

CONGRATS to ARIA!! a well deserved 2ND placing in the long race!!

So, to the races!!
An early start saw us at manfeild just before 7. The things we do to ensure we have pit space!!
I had to change front brake pads having shagged them in the practice day on Friday, so that gave me something to do, while my darling wife went and purchased high quality McShitalds for breakky.

Qualifying rolled around, and, because I have some nice shiney* new tyre warmers, I didn't see any point in holding back too much, so I rolled out a quite respectable 1:20, (while still not giving it 100%, got to keep the mind games going with the opposition!!)

(*: shiney is a subjective term... I read the instructions, supplied with my tyrewarmers.co.nz flash things, and then left them on accidentally while I went out for a 20 minute wheelie session. Came back in, and they had melted a big hole in the insulation. Purely my own fault, the instructions said it, and I knew it, but I forgot.. Never mind, they still work, just look a bit hori, and I need to mend a hole in the insulation!)

Was fairly confident of a first row start in qualifying, but you can only imagine my shock, (and big headed pride) when I saw the grid position sticker, that placed me first!

Happily waited for the 6 lapper to come up, rolled out (after ditching tyrewarmers! man they are easy to forget about!!)
There was a delay and restart in the post classic etc class, so I returned to the pits, and tyrewarmers back on.

Rolled out nearly last, did the warmup lap, and enjoyed the feeling of meandering through the grid, as everyone settled into place, and going straight to the front! Hahaha!! I'm so mean!!

Got my usual terrible start, and ended up 4th through the first corner.
Wasn't too bothered about that, cause I figured I could probably reel them back in.

Reeled them back in I did!! Took a few laps, but passed the ducati, passed the Mikey, enjoyed the view, and then saw the sky, then the ground, and ended up making mud angels.

Just a horrible pity I posted the fastest lap in both clubmans races!!

So crashing out sucks, but it is way better when you do it from the front!!
Being in front brings it's own raft of problems, you have no idea where everyone else is, and when and if they are going to make a move. Keep's you on you're toes!!

So I'm whipping back around on the trailer, waving to the adoring masses, when I see this black GSXR being pushed up the straight!! Mikey, after happily taking the first spot I vacated, has vacated it himself, in quite spectacular fashion!! I was in the esses, he was on the last turn onto the front straight.

Aria did team KB proud, and actually finished that race!! well done that woman!!

So yeah, posted a 1:18.46 or so, and the crash cost me a bit of pride, the nice shiney new look of my two day old quasi leathers, an alternator cover and a gear lever. Thanks Poos for the loan of your lever!!

Thankfully Nicko had an alternator cover, and after a quick rebuild, we were back into it.
The next race was still a while off, as each race was about a 30 minute affair.

So, onto the start grid again, after a quick consult with Master Poos (some good tips on body position and lines, cheers bro!!) and a badly needed piss... (drinking heaps of powerade, to try and stop the cramps)
Start was still bad, Aria gapped me out, and I was into turn one 4th. Starts are a real weak point!!
Slowly brought it back to bear, caught Aria, then got a 900ss, but Mike Fee was up front, and was rapidly getting a whole straight ahead of me.
By now we were well into the backmarkers, which is all good, no disrespect intended to anyone else, being racing is good, regardless of where you come!!

Mike got stuck in some traffic, so I caught him up, and then he appeared to slow, so I nipped around the outside. By now I was noticing that my left footpeg was real slippery, so I was hardly able to move around on the bike.
Did my best to hang on to first, and crossed the line with no real dramas, closely followed by Miss ARIA!!! GO GIRL!!!

Back to the pits, and complaining to everyone about the little bit of oil on my gear lever, when I look down, and my left boot is polished!! Never turn down a free polish, but my brain clicked over to what my Dad had been trying to say, the gasket on the alternator cover was obviously damaged in the hasty reassembly, and had been spraying oil all over my boot, and the peg!!
It wasn't much, but enough to scare me when I realised!

So one DNF, one win, and a personal measured best, plus a huge speed increase from last time!

I enjoyed racing with yall, the only decision is, should I move to F2, or burglar clubmans until I get blatantly too fast (the cut off on mafeild is 1:18)

After a yack with Shaun, when I dropped off the mighty telefonibike for my Ohlins, courtesy of Nicko, I am thinking I'll go from podiums in clubmans to back marker in F2 and F1, twice the track time, and only 10 bucks extra, plus a feel for the real fast stuff! Might even reel in some more time cuts. See if the 5 YO gixxer can mess it with the best of them!

My wanganui debut is coming on strong!!!!

Loved seeing you all, thanks for the concern and support after my off, I sure as heck hope it was a good show for the crowd!!

Jonno

cowpoos
21st August 2006, 09:55
good shit bro.....thats all I need to say....coz you know ya did wicked!!

motobob
21st August 2006, 17:38
Zeb that 1st race between you and mikey was awesome to watch. Hell of a way to end it though. Cool to see you take the win especially leaking oil everywhere lol. Be great to play with you in F2 but don't be in a rush, There's nothing like savouring some wins. Awesome effort.

kickingzebra
24th August 2006, 13:20
Here, all being well is the video of the crash sequence that ended my race one,
Thanks to Deano for that, its awesome!!

It is a biggy, dial up users beware!

(dial up at home, broadband at work, thank the good lord!!)

Ooh, ooh, look at me, I'm a rag doll!!!

Big ups to Quasimoto gear for protection through all of that!
Teensy weensy pinholes in the knee leather, but didn't even touch the knee guard underneath!!

Gloves were also Quasimoto, already the veteran of one crash, and I suspect they still have a few to go before they are stuffed!

Muchos appreciation also go to Holeshot, helping me out, sourcing new parts like gear levers etc(see the sparks a flyin!!!!) Cheers guys!

Korea
24th August 2006, 13:33
Nice video action ~ got any more?

Edit: Not sure what happened??? Looks like you'd pitched it in, got through the apex and then... lost the front and fell off the low-side?
Looks like the front tucked up but I would have thought you'd be on the gas after the apex. Weird.

kickingzebra
24th August 2006, 13:35
I can but hope!! If anyone does have any video of that first race in particular, or whatever please give me a yell!!

skelstar
24th August 2006, 13:36
It was the highlight of my day watching that race between mikey and you (and that duc). I learnt alot about why bike racing is heaps of fun to watch. Bloody good on ya for getting out on the track and going hard (all of yas). I wish I could do it.

Shaun
24th August 2006, 15:45
As requested by Rossi Gal, Here is a copy and paste of my race report, although, for clarity I may add a few words... damn shfcknt tourettes

Magical mint day.

The rain threatened, but the last few races only had a few rain drops.
All in all, flippen good performance from all the KB guys I saw!!
Good stuff to Bruce and Darryl, for letting the newer generation get some muppetry practice in!!

Poos, that was just nasty!! And the scrub in session too!! Bugger!!! You still the man though bro!

Big ups to nicko for having his spare parts bin with him!!

Anthony was fair flying, the zx9 goes out on a good note!

Thanks to Mikey for crashing out after me!! Made my day! LOL

CONGRATS to ARIA!! a well deserved 2ND placing in the long race!!

So, to the races!!
An early start saw us at manfeild just before 7. The things we do to ensure we have pit space!!
I had to change front brake pads having shagged them in the practice day on Friday, so that gave me something to do, while my darling wife went and purchased high quality McShitalds for breakky.

Qualifying rolled around, and, because I have some nice shiney* new tyre warmers, I didn't see any point in holding back too much, so I rolled out a quite respectable 1:20, (while still not giving it 100%, got to keep the mind games going with the opposition!!)

(*: shiney is a subjective term... I read the instructions, supplied with my tyrewarmers.co.nz flash things, and then left them on accidentally while I went out for a 20 minute wheelie session. Came back in, and they had melted a big hole in the insulation. Purely my own fault, the instructions said it, and I knew it, but I forgot.. Never mind, they still work, just look a bit hori, and I need to mend a hole in the insulation!)

Was fairly confident of a first row start in qualifying, but you can only imagine my shock, (and big headed pride) when I saw the grid position sticker, that placed me first!

Happily waited for the 6 lapper to come up, rolled out (after ditching tyrewarmers! man they are easy to forget about!!)
There was a delay and restart in the post classic etc class, so I returned to the pits, and tyrewarmers back on.

Rolled out nearly last, did the warmup lap, and enjoyed the feeling of meandering through the grid, as everyone settled into place, and going straight to the front! Hahaha!! I'm so mean!!

Got my usual terrible start, and ended up 4th through the first corner.
Wasn't too bothered about that, cause I figured I could probably reel them back in.

Reeled them back in I did!! Took a few laps, but passed the ducati, passed the Mikey, enjoyed the view, and then saw the sky, then the ground, and ended up making mud angels.

Just a horrible pity I posted the fastest lap in both clubmans races!!

So crashing out sucks, but it is way better when you do it from the front!!
Being in front brings it's own raft of problems, you have no idea where everyone else is, and when and if they are going to make a move. Keep's you on you're toes!!

So I'm whipping back around on the trailer, waving to the adoring masses, when I see this black GSXR being pushed up the straight!! Mikey, after happily taking the first spot I vacated, has vacated it himself, in quite spectacular fashion!! I was in the esses, he was on the last turn onto the front straight.

Aria did team KB proud, and actually finished that race!! well done that woman!!

So yeah, posted a 1:18.46 or so, and the crash cost me a bit of pride, the nice shiney new look of my two day old quasi leathers, an alternator cover and a gear lever. Thanks Poos for the loan of your lever!!

Thankfully Nicko had an alternator cover, and after a quick rebuild, we were back into it.
The next race was still a while off, as each race was about a 30 minute affair.

So, onto the start grid again, after a quick consult with Master Poos (some good tips on body position and lines, cheers bro!!) and a badly needed piss... (drinking heaps of powerade, to try and stop the cramps)
Start was still bad, Aria gapped me out, and I was into turn one 4th. Starts are a real weak point!!
Slowly brought it back to bear, caught Aria, then got a 900ss, but Mike Fee was up front, and was rapidly getting a whole straight ahead of me.
By now we were well into the backmarkers, which is all good, no disrespect intended to anyone else, being racing is good, regardless of where you come!!

Mike got stuck in some traffic, so I caught him up, and then he appeared to slow, so I nipped around the outside. By now I was noticing that my left footpeg was real slippery, so I was hardly able to move around on the bike.
Did my best to hang on to first, and crossed the line with no real dramas, closely followed by Miss ARIA!!! GO GIRL!!!

Back to the pits, and complaining to everyone about the little bit of oil on my gear lever, when I look down, and my left boot is polished!! Never turn down a free polish, but my brain clicked over to what my Dad had been trying to say, the gasket on the alternator cover was obviously damaged in the hasty reassembly, and had been spraying oil all over my boot, and the peg!!
It wasn't much, but enough to scare me when I realised!

So one DNF, one win, and a personal measured best, plus a huge speed increase from last time!

I enjoyed racing with yall, the only decision is, should I move to F2, or burglar clubmans until I get blatantly too fast (the cut off on mafeild is 1:18)

After a yack with Shaun, when I dropped off the mighty telefonibike for my Ohlins, courtesy of Nicko, I am thinking I'll go from podiums in clubmans to back marker in F2 and F1, twice the track time, and only 10 bucks extra, plus a feel for the real fast stuff! Might even reel in some more time cuts. See if the 5 YO gixxer can mess it with the best of them!

My wanganui debut is coming on strong!!!!

Loved seeing you all, thanks for the concern and support after my off, I sure as heck hope it was a good show for the crowd!!

Jonno

Do the F2 F1 mate, you will do high 16's next time out cuzz

kickingzebra
24th August 2006, 15:54
Wicked!! Yeah, the track time alone thing will be good, Be interesting to see if my front suspension (spacers wrong length) had anything to do with that.
The wheel buckled in to the left, so I am guessing I forgot to counter steer for a second, and then looked out to the right, then went a tumbling!

Not too much the poorer for it, and sure makes for good viewing!!

Looking forward to trimming those times some, thats for sure!