PDA

View Full Version : GPZ1000RX Overheating.

The Pastor
21st August 2006, 12:27
Hey eveyone,

My gpz1000rx started overheating. I thought remove thermostat and flush radiator. I did that (there was a lot of gunk in the radiator!) but now its still overheating!

Weird thing happend today, out on a short trip (5kms) the gauge started moving all over the place back and forth.

Any ideas?

Ixion
21st August 2006, 13:21
Are you sure it's actually overheating, and not just a wonky gauge?

steved
21st August 2006, 13:31
Is your oil milky?

The Pastor
21st August 2006, 15:36
Are you sure it's actually overheating, and not just a wonky gauge?

Yes, its boiling and spitting it out.

Is your oil milky?

How do I check this?
I really hopes its not a BHG :shit:

Sorry but I forgot to metion this. When I fill up a radiator / cooling system in a car, I leave the cap off and run it till it heats up. All the little air bubbles then rise to the top so you dont have an air lock then you keep topping it up. I tired to do this on my bike but instead of little bubbles coming up it was like it was vommiting up the coolant! big splash etc etc so i tried to top it up but it would just spit it back out again? is this any help?:scooter:

The Pastor
22nd August 2006, 15:46
Bump, I need some ideas please :(

DingDong
22nd August 2006, 16:41
Bump, I need some ideas please :(

Take the bike in to a radiator shop and get it (and the engine) flushed... the service man will do it properly (not that you didnt)

you check the oil colour in the spy glass (doh!)

Its common for the water/coolant to splash out because of the placement of the thrmostat on most bikes (its too close) making the water squirt under pressure.
But you do not want to see bubbles or oil in the water, likewise with milky oil indicating water in the oil... these are bad things requiring repairs at the shop. (unless someone you know can do it)

You can test your thrmostat buy dropping it in to a glass (clear mug) of boiling water... you'll see it open... if it dont open, buy a new one.

Your gauge (shouldnt jump? but move up and down slowly) maybe a wire rubbing, loose conection or just a faulty gauge... The temperature of water cant get hot and then back to cold... it'll stay hot

Im no mechanic so I might be wrong... your choice:third:

The Pastor
22nd August 2006, 18:05
I have found out it is a BHG >_<

Motig
22nd August 2006, 19:37
Geez, you seem to be having all the bad luck. Still it can only get better I spose.