PDA

View Full Version : What are they called and where can I get one?

placidfemme
22nd August 2006, 09:53
At the moment I've been working out on a daily basis, trying to build myself up for summer and my new (hopefully if all goes to plan) summer hobby.

I can't be bothered paying a gym to use thier equipment seeing as I've been getting the results I want working out from home (yay! I have a 4 pack), and I've done the whole gym thing in the past and didn't enjoy the enviroment or the payments lol

In the past you may remember I've done threads on "how can I put on weight" and so forth... and I've now seen my GP in regards to my weight, and tests were done... turns out (as I thought) I have a fast metabolism (sp), and my body pushes out the food I eat faster than the rest of my body can work through the good stuff and store it... I'm still eating as best as I can (sometimes I get lazy) and still taking my protien and stuff shakes 3 times a day. Since I posted my original thread about putting on weight I've put on about 4kg's and I've managed to hold it at my current weight for a few months now.

My GP recommended working out, as my body is more likely to store muscle (if I continue to work out) than it is to store actual body fat. He advised me to take it easy as I am long limbed (whatever that means) and he told me not to push it as my body will take longer to build muscles than the average person...

Anyway.. so in the summer I'm hoping to take up kite boarding, and I wanna build my upper body strength, I've seen this bar type thing, that twists to make it longer or shorter, that you jam/wedge into a door frame, and twist it until it is stuck right in (without damaging the frame). You can then use this bar to do pull ups/chin ups and other various excersises on.

However, I don't know the actual name of this "bar" and I've done searches on trademe, and can't find anything.

Can anyone tell me what this is actually called and even better, where I can buy one.

My landlord is seriously anal about everything, so I can't put any holes or anything in the walls or whatnot... so this "bar" seems like the best option...

Any ideas or suggestions?

sAsLEX
22nd August 2006, 10:14
Just go play on the kiddies jungle gyms!

placidfemme
22nd August 2006, 10:19
Just go play on the kiddies jungle gyms!

lol I've thought about that...

spudchucka
22nd August 2006, 10:21
Sorry, wouldn't have a clue what that thing is, but...

If kite boarding is anything like windsurfing there is nothing that will get the required muscles toned as well as just getting out there and doing it.

General fitness is all you need but strong upper body muscles will certainly help you stay on the water longer, especially your lats, shoulders and forearms. Having said that, windsurfing is more about technique than it is about brute strength and I'm sure that kite boarding would be similar in that respect.

Squeak the Rat
22nd August 2006, 10:33
I was out swimming two weeks ago - there were shedloads of kiteboarders out, man that looks fun.

PF, I would have thought those would simply be called chin-up bars. However a google search in NZ (or trademe) revealed nothing. I got a few hits from overseas though googling "door mount chin up bar".

Eg:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0007W2FLI/002-7348047-2341668?v=glance&n=3375251

Hope this helps....

skelstar
22nd August 2006, 11:12
Sorry cant help regarding the twisty thing, but indoor rockclimbing will do wonders for your kite boarding. Develops your lats big time. Far more virtuous than the gym and is 10x more social. Just ask about bouldering if yer scared of heights (I was/am).

Colapop
22nd August 2006, 11:29
The best bet is to get out there and do it. The more you do it (kite boarding, wind surfing etc) the better you become and the more 'tuned' to the sport you'll get. Similar to other sports where you can do as much gym time as you like but until you actually start doing it you won't get "match fitness".

skelstar
22nd August 2006, 11:53
I remember when I was climbing, a mate of mine that was a competition body builder, was trying some strength stuff that we were doing. One excercise was called a 'one-arm lock off'. You would effectively do a chin up, then lower yourself down a bit and take one hand off and effectively 'lock off' on one arm. Gym-boy could do 100 chin ups but couldnt do this, as most of us could. The sport itself makes you specifically strong...as colapop says.

Motu
22nd August 2006, 12:34
We've got one of the adjustable bars for doorways - they do leave a mark on paint.I have no idea where we got it from,I think they were readilly available at the time.could of even been in one of those L V Martin type cateloge things.

placidfemme
22nd August 2006, 12:59
If kite boarding is anything like windsurfing there is nothing that will get the required muscles toned as well as just getting out there and doing it.

General fitness is all you need but strong upper body muscles will certainly help you stay on the water longer, especially your lats, shoulders and forearms. Having said that, windsurfing is more about technique than it is about brute strength and I'm sure that kite boarding would be similar in that respect.

Thanks for the advice, I understand what you mean by just getting out there and doing it... Which I agree with 100%.

But I won't be "getting out there and doing it" for a while, I still have other things to do first (bike... citizenship etc), and so I'd like to prep for it as much as possible. I've researched into the gear (kite & Board), and I'm just waiting to hear back from people on what would be the best sized and style kite for me (I believe they range from 7m to 12m, and the styles are different for different things... speed, height, jumps, freestyle etc), as with the boards there are different styles for different styles of riding...

On average a brand new beginnners set (kite & board) can be brought from the shop at about $1000 upwards. And even cheaper on TradeMe. So I still have to sort out which kite & board are best suited to my size and weight, and what style of kite surfing I wish to do. Then I need to organise lessons, and buying the equipment... then I'm good to go...

So thats why I wanna build up a little first, because I have a month or more to get ready for it...

I was out swimming two weeks ago - there were shedloads of kiteboarders out, man that looks fun.

PF, I would have thought those would simply be called chin-up bars. However a google search in NZ (or trademe) revealed nothing. I got a few hits from overseas though googling "door mount chin up bar".

Eg:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ance&n=3375251

Hope this helps....

That is exactly what I'm looking for!!!!

*is now trying to figure out how to buy it through amazon...*
*doesn't have a credit card*

Sorry cant help regarding the twisty thing, but indoor rockclimbing will do wonders for your kite boarding. Develops your lats big time. Far more virtuous than the gym and is 10x more social. Just ask about bouldering if yer scared of heights (I was/am).

I've thought about doing indoor rockclimbing... there is a place just up the road from me (glenfield lesure centre I think) that has an indoor rock climbing thingy and if I'm correct they only charge $20 (not sure for how long though). Sam and I were actually going to do it on Sunday night with her brother... but got drunk instead lol

It is a good idea though... I'll call them up and query it :)

dhunt
22nd August 2006, 13:00
Anyway.. so in the summer I'm hoping to take up kite boarding, and I wanna build my upper body strength, I've seen this bar type thing, that twists to make it longer or shorter, that you jam/wedge into a door frame, and twist it until it is stuck right in (without damaging the frame). You can then use this bar to do pull ups/chin ups and other various excersises on.

However, I don't know the actual name of this "bar" and I've done searches on trademe, and can't find anything.

Can anyone tell me what this is actually called and even better, where I can buy one.

My landlord is seriously anal about everything, so I can't put any holes or anything in the walls or whatnot... so this "bar" seems like the best option...

Any ideas or suggestions?

What about something like push ups etc. Can do anywhere - no hardware required. I use to do them all the time when I was studying and was cold. A set of 20-40 and then carry on studing would keep me pretty warm :)

Do you have any trees or anything or beams in your garage etc. They make pretty good chin up bars.

skelstar
22nd August 2006, 13:01
Fark. $20 is expensive for one person, unless youre hiring a boat load of gear too. The prices are usually not time limited, unless its a group thing.

Id tie a bar up in the garage (like a trapeze rig) and do chip-up type stuff...general hanging type stuff. Boring but is quite strength specific.

Squeak the Rat
22nd August 2006, 13:04
That is exactly what I'm looking for!!!!

*is now trying to figure out how to buy it through amazon...*
*doesn't have a credit card*

Well, I was going to offer to get it on my card - so I logged into amazon to check out the shipping rates and bugger me they won't ship to NZ!!! Software and some tools & kitchen equipment have shipping restrictions. Software I can understand. The rest is puzzling......

Sorry!

placidfemme
22nd August 2006, 13:05
What about something like push ups etc. Can do anywhere - no hardware required. I use to do them all the time when I was studying and was cold. A set of 20-40 and then carry on studing would keep me pretty warm :)

Do you have any trees or anything or beams in your garage etc. They make pretty good chin up bars.

The old place that I used to live at had a metal pole type washing line, and I used to do pull ups on that, I could do reps of about 30, then stop for a while and do another 30...

But I can't do push ups to save my life... I do about 3 and fall on my face (thats when I can actually get my face more than 2cm off the ground), I know the concept is the same... but I'm not good at it... lol

Where I live now, we don't have a garage and the tree's close by only have small wee branches that don't look like they could even hold my wee weight... I was keen on the bar thing because then I can do it inside rain or shine...

placidfemme
22nd August 2006, 13:07
Well, I was going to offer to get it on my card - so I logged into amazon to check out the shipping rates and bugger me they won't ship to NZ!!! Software and some tools & kitchen equipment have shipping restrictions. Software I can understand. The rest is puzzling......

Sorry!

arrrgg that sucks... I was just gonna ask my boss to buy it lol

sunhuntin
22nd August 2006, 13:12
The old place that I used to live at had a metal pole type washing line, and I used to do pull ups on that, I could do reps of about 30, then stop for a while and do another 30...

But I can't do push ups to save my life... I do about 3 and fall on my face (thats when I can actually get my face more than 2cm off the ground), I know the concept is the same... but I'm not good at it... lol

Where I live now, we don't have a garage and the tree's close by only have small wee branches that don't look like they could even hold my wee weight... I was keen on the bar thing because then I can do it inside rain or shine...

find something that is quite low, but not on the ground and do some angled push ups...i used to do this when i was bored [which was often! LOL] same with the trolley bays, i used go and hang from the bars at the top for a while. an easy way to start out...i can do push ups either, but the slightly angled ones i could go for hours.

skelstar
22nd August 2006, 13:15
Dont reckon pushups are going to be useful. Its all about 'rows'. Pulling stuff towards you. Climbers are usually quite under-developed in the push-up strength area (I know, but its a related type of activity).

Ghost Lemur
22nd August 2006, 13:26
I remember when I was climbing, a mate of mine that was a competition body builder, was trying some strength stuff that we were doing. One excercise was called a 'one-arm lock off'. You would effectively do a chin up, then lower yourself down a bit and take one hand off and effectively 'lock off' on one arm. Gym-boy could do 100 chin ups but couldnt do this, as most of us could. The sport itself makes you specifically strong...as colapop says.

Very true. Used to do a lot of rock climbing. Being a skinny guy meant easy to get power2weight, plus very flexible meant I could go for the holds others couldn't wouldn't.

Got into surfing last year. And gotta say I suck. Paddling out takes so much out of me that I have little to paddle in with. Asked a couple of guys what I could do to improve stamina and arm strength, their response was "go for a surf".

End result is, if you want fitness/strength for a particular activity, whether it be kite surfing, motorcycle riding, rock climbing, is just getting out there and doing it. As you practice you get better, not just mentally and technique, but the body adapts to whats become required of it.

placidfemme
22nd August 2006, 13:42
find something that is quite low, but not on the ground and do some angled push ups...i used to do this when i was bored [which was often! LOL] same with the trolley bays, i used go and hang from the bars at the top for a while. an easy way to start out...i can do push ups either, but the slightly angled ones i could go for hours.

yeah I do those types of push ups off the kitchen counter... can do heaps of them, but I thought it was "cheating" lol

sunhuntin
22nd August 2006, 13:55
yeah I do those types of push ups off the kitchen counter... can do heaps of them, but I thought it was "cheating" lol

try something a little lower then...say a foot stool or similar?

placidfemme
22nd August 2006, 14:50
try something a little lower then...say a foot stool or similar?

kewl... I'll try that...

I've got an hours work out that I do in the mornings before leaving for work... and then in the evenings I do about 3 reps of the same workout... I'm slowly building up my own equipment I need for home, but for now the basics are weights (dum bells or bar bells... whatever they are called), and sit ups on the swiss ball... my work out is pretty much 80% upper body (from waist upwards). I've skinny little legs (lol... seriously) and walk about 5 k's a day all up, so don't really bother with them a lot...

I was wanting to work out upper body due to:

When kite surfing... when doing jumps or any tricks, you need to unclip the bar from your waist to spin around and do tricks, then you need to pull the kite back down towards you to re-clip the bar to your waist... so thats what I wanted the arm strenght for...

Fishy
22nd August 2006, 14:57
Hey PF, if you wanna increase your general strength in your upper body you need balance in your workout in terms of training each muscle group equally and you should look at specific exercises which may replicate the movement during kite boarding.

I am a personal trainer and can help you out with putting a program together if you want. Your best bet is to get a set of dumbbells as you can pretty much work everything with them, a swiss ball will come in handy too as you will most definitely want to increase your core stabilty and strength otherwise your strong upper body will be nowhere near as effective with a weak torso. Imagine a big strong branch on a tree with a little weak trunk....it ain't happenin.

placidfemme
22nd August 2006, 15:14
Hey PF, if you wanna increase your general strength in your upper body you need balance in your workout in terms of training each muscle group equally and you should look at specific exercises which may replicate the movement during kite boarding.

I am a personal trainer and can help you out with putting a program together if you want. Your best bet is to get a set of dumbbells as you can pretty much work everything with them, a swiss ball will come in handy too as you will most definitely want to increase your core stabilty and strength otherwise your strong upper body will be nowhere near as effective with a weak torso. Imagine a big strong branch on a tree with a little weak trunk....it ain't happenin.

True that makes sense... I have dumbbells, and a swiss ball... and thats about all lol

I'd be more than happy to have a work out set out for me... I don't know a lot of excersises, so I pretty much make up my own... I've got at least 7 things I do for my arms, just with my weights... so yeah... I'm happy to try almost anything

Fishy
22nd August 2006, 15:34
True that makes sense... I have dumbbells, and a swiss ball... and thats about all lol

I'd be more than happy to have a work out set out for me... I don't know a lot of excersises, so I pretty much make up my own... I've got at least 7 things I do for my arms, just with my weights... so yeah... I'm happy to try almost anything

What weight db's have you got? or have you got spin lock db's with plates?.

Seeing as you are Auck I could come and help you through the workout first time round just to make sure everything is done with correct form etc.

placidfemme
22nd August 2006, 15:37
What weight db's have you got? or have you got spin lock db's with plates?.

Seeing as you are Auck I could come and help you through the workout first time round just to make sure everything is done with correct form etc.

I have 2kg and 4kg ones... I was gonna buy the spinlock ones, but then i'd have to carry them home... and i'm lazy lol...

Sure I'll send you a pm :)

Vagabond
22nd August 2006, 15:44
http://wonderfulbuys.com/ezup.asp?OVRAW=chin-up%20bars&OVKEY=chin%20up%20bar&OVMTC=standard

This what you looking for?

Fishy
22nd August 2006, 15:52
I have 2kg and 4kg ones... I was gonna buy the spinlock ones, but then i'd have to carry them home... and i'm lazy lol...

Sure I'll send you a pm :)

Hmmm 2 and 4 kg's are gonna become too light very fast. You can start out on them though while getting used to the exercises.

Just give me a PM and I will help you out.

Oakie
22nd August 2006, 18:22
Yep PF. Dumbells are the way to go. Cheap (start at under $10 from the Warehouse),you can use them anywhere (I use mine while peddling the exercycle) and you can use them to target all sorts of body bits as long as you know the appropriate way to use them. But if you've already got them then you know that already.
Sorry guys ... there isn't an exercise to give you a larger penis ... although I suppose if you tied a two KG dumbell to the end of your knob it would lengthen it... and it would probably turn black too.

jrandom
22nd August 2006, 18:57
I've been working out...

Babe, you sound hot.

Fancy a shag?

Waylander
22nd August 2006, 19:06
Sorry, wouldn't have a clue what that thing is, but...

We got a kite board over here, you do need brute strength till you get on the water. I let my mom hold it and it dragger her with her heels dung into the sand for a good 8 meters before pulling her off her feet and dragging her another 7.

There isn't anything around your house that you can just grab hold of and do pullups on PF? Used to use the frame for the hammock we had hanging out back in the states. Or even a fairly level tree branch? If it's not high enough then cross your ankles and hold your legs out in front of you with knees bent at a ninty degree angle. Will help work your abs aswell.

Feet up that high? is cheating. Its more a shoulder workout that way rather than arms chest and shoulders. Anything higher than makeing your body level when arms at full stretch is no good (if I remember my wieght training teacher correctly) though the higher your feet are the more shoulder strength you get so idealy you may want about half way between the floor and being level.

Mr. Peanut
22nd August 2006, 19:16
Swimming is good for everything, seriously... It's fun, cheap it gets you strong AND fit and it's as hard as you want it to be. Don't be self conscious about getting your togs on, the pool is an excellent leveling field, all sorts of body types there.

Eat more in the morning and middle of the day than you do at night.

If you feel buggered from working out, don't go to the gym. Let your body rest.
(muscle is broken at the gym, and rebuilt bigger and better when at rest.)

Don't be one of those dorks who eats no breakfast, feels good about skimping on lunch, goes to the gym feeling weak, then crams their face in desperation at home...

If all else fails, some of us are into curves ;)

Waylander
22nd August 2006, 19:18
Swimming is good for everything, seriously...

Don't be one of those dorks who eats no breakfast, feels good about skimping on lunch, goes to the gym feeling weak, then crams their face in desperation at home...
Hmm am I good for eating 4 meals a day then? Working hard all day and then going to the gym for an hour and a half afterwards?

Mr. Peanut
22nd August 2006, 19:25
Yeah, sure im a labourer meself. Work hard for 10 hours a day then hit the bag when I get home. 5 meals a day for me ;)

Mr. Peanut
22nd August 2006, 19:27
Swimming is good for everything, seriously... It's fun, cheap it gets you strong AND fit and it's as hard as you want it to be. Don't be self conscious about getting your togs on, the pool is an excellent leveling field, all sorts of body types there.

If you feel buggered from working out, don't go to the gym. Let your body rest.
(muscle is broken at the gym, and rebuilt bigger and better when at rest.)

If all else fails, some of us are into curves ;)

Thats for maximising muscle and energy etc, if you want to put on weight full stop eating rich food late in the day is good.

Waylander
22nd August 2006, 19:42
opu
Yeah, sure im a labourer meself. Work hard for 10 hours a day then hit the bag when I get home. 5 meals a day for me ;)

You're taking the piss, I was being serious.

R6_kid
22nd August 2006, 20:33
pies and potatoe mash with bacon and cheese.

spudchucka
22nd August 2006, 20:43
kewl... I'll try that...

I've got an hours work out that I do in the mornings before leaving for work... and then in the evenings I do about 3 reps of the same workout... I'm slowly building up my own equipment I need for home, but for now the basics are weights (dum bells or bar bells... whatever they are called), and sit ups on the swiss ball... my work out is pretty much 80% upper body (from waist upwards). I've skinny little legs (lol... seriously) and walk about 5 k's a day all up, so don't really bother with them a lot...

I was wanting to work out upper body due to:

When kite surfing... when doing jumps or any tricks, you need to unclip the bar from your waist to spin around and do tricks, then you need to pull the kite back down towards you to re-clip the bar to your waist... so thats what I wanted the arm strenght for...

99% of your sailing time you will be hooked into your harness. You only unhook for jumps and transitions, when windsurfing I don't even bother unhooking in a big jump unless it involves getting wrong side up. You will suffer through the learning phases but once you get the hang of things you will most likely find that the muscles that let you down before any others are your forearms, which are really hard to train.

spudchucka
22nd August 2006, 20:47
We got a kite board over here, you do need brute strength till you get on the water. I let my mom hold it and it dragger her with her heels dung into the sand for a good 8 meters before pulling her off her feet and dragging her another 7.

A kite or a windsurfing sail will drag anyone along like that if they don't know how to release the power. If you just keep hanging on at full power you will get dragged until you hit something solid.

Colapop
22nd August 2006, 20:55
Like the guy that got blown into a house - didn't he get a case of the ...dead?

PlacidF make sure you leave time for rest. To grow your muscles need to rest. If you overtrain you'll canabalise any gains you're trying to achieve - especially if you have a fast metabolism.

Mr. Peanut
22nd August 2006, 20:56
opu

You're taking the piss, I was being serious.

Im not taking the piss. I work 50 hours a week and eat five meals a day. Breakfast, 3 breaks at work, and dinner.

spudchucka
22nd August 2006, 21:10
Like the guy that got blown into a house - didn't he get a case of the ...dead?

He got caught in a freak gust of wind, lofted high in the air and deposited on someones roof. Bad luck, shit happens.

raster
22nd August 2006, 21:49
PF, I don't know if you have enough space for it but would one of these be any use to you?

EDIT: sorry, gorgous chic not included!

jahmin
22nd August 2006, 21:52
Feet up that high? is cheating. Its more a shoulder workout that way rather than arms chest and shoulders. Anything higher than makeing your body level when arms at full stretch is no good (if I remember my wieght training teacher correctly) though the higher your feet are the more shoulder strength you get so idealy you may want about half way between the floor and being level.

I think you've got her upside down mate - i belive she means her feet were on the floor, and she was pushing off the counter. (of course i could be wrong, its happened once before).

Another option if you have a swiss ball, is to do push ups off that. ie feet on the floor, hands on the swiss ball. Will also help with all the wee stabilizing muscles which are important to work too.

Might not directly help with kite surfing, but for general strength/weight gains it could be a goer :niceone:

Waylander
22nd August 2006, 21:57
I think you've got her upside down mate - i belive she means her feet were on the floor, and she was pushing off the counter. (of course i could be wrong, its happened once before).

Now what good would that do? Be hardly any wieght on her arms and upper body that way.

jahmin
22nd August 2006, 22:16
Now what good would that do? Be hardly any wieght on her arms and upper body that way.

Well, it would be much more weight than pushing off a kitchen counter, and much less weight than having her feet on the kitchen counter and pushing off the floor.

Also, you can inflate/deflate the swiss ball to the desired level, allowing for increased/decreased resistance.

She mentioned she can only do about 3 standard push ups, this may be just the thing shes looking for. And again, the stabilizing muscles :apumpin:

Edit - sorry Waylander, i completely misread your post! I thought you were asking what good a swiss ball would do. I shall give myself a kick...

Waylander
22nd August 2006, 22:22
Nah mate meant, what good would it be to push off the counter with your feet on the floor. Otherwise I would have quoted the other part.

jahmin
22nd August 2006, 22:24
Yeah sorry bout that, completely misread it - have edited my post.

Timber020
22nd August 2006, 22:38
Might sound stupid but ever thought of climbing trees? Its cheap and will give you simular work that rock climbing does.

PS Dont fall

Fishy
23rd August 2006, 07:55
Hahah quite funny reading this stuff on here,

PF if you want me to help you through a program then no worries, I will give you the first consultation and program show for free in the comfort of your own home (I normally charge $60). This will give you enough to start with and give you a much better understanding of how your muscles and body actually work and respond to exercise.

Up to you, just let me know.

R6_kid
23rd August 2006, 08:33
Get in touch with white trash. He'll sell you a Bow-Flex and after 3 weeks you'll be "in the best shape of your life"

Fishy
23rd August 2006, 08:37
Get in touch with white trash. He'll sell you a Bow-Flex and after 3 weeks you'll be "in the best shape of your life"

Another good example of rubbish information.

placidfemme
23rd August 2006, 09:51
http://wonderfulbuys.com/ezup.asp?OVRAW=chin-up%20bars&OVKEY=chin%20up%20bar&OVMTC=standard

This what you looking for?

I can't get that link to work...

Hmmm 2 and 4 kg's are gonna become too light very fast. You can start out on them though while getting used to the exercises.

Just give me a PM and I will help you out.

Yeah I started on the 2kg ones, and it got to the point where I was doing about 50 reps (assuming that reps mean how many times you do it??) of certain lifts at a time and knowing that I could still do another 20-30 odd before "feeling the burn". So now I use the 2kg ones for certain lifts, and the 4kg for others...

Babe, you sound hot.

Fancy a shag?

lol long time no see...

lol no feet on the floor hands on the counter... thats why its easy haha

99% of your sailing time you will be hooked into your harness. You only unhook for jumps and transitions, when windsurfing I don't even bother unhooking in a big jump unless it involves getting wrong side up. You will suffer through the learning phases but once you get the hang of things you will most likely find that the muscles that let you down before any others are your forearms, which are really hard to train.

I'll ask Fishslayer how to work out my forearms :)

PF, I don't know if you have enough space for it but would one of these be any use to you?

EDIT: sorry, gorgous chic not included!

lol I'd love one of those... but they are pretty much outta my price range... and we live in a 1 bedroom place, and I think Sam would get shitty if I blocked her view to the TV with a work out machine like that lol

~~

But yeah... thanks all for your weird and wonderful advise... I'll be sending Fishslayer a PM in regards to a workout and I'm also still looking for that chin-up/pull-up bar thingy...

sunhuntin
23rd August 2006, 13:23
yeh, the 2kg are too light now if you can do that many. id maybe use those to warm up and then change to the higher weight. thats why the spinlocks are better....can guy heavier disks as needed. think ive got 4.5kg on mine...not sure though.

a good one a mate of mine showed me...hang on the back of a chair with one arm, hold the weight in the other. lift your arm straight out so its shoulder height, lower and keep going. then change sides. i really struggled with that, big time. and another was sit the weight on your shoulder, then push straight up.
use the 2kg with those, as even 2kg would still be too heavy for you....was for me, lmfao.

Waylander
23rd August 2006, 18:08
lol no feet on the floor hands on the counter... thats why its easy haha

As previously posted that doesn't do much to build strength. It's too easy.

raster
23rd August 2006, 21:02
lol I'd love one of those... but they are pretty much outta my price range... and we live in a 1 bedroom place, and I think Sam would get shitty if I blocked her view to the TV with a work out machine like that lol

I have one of those things in my basement that I want to get rid of it so if anyone is interested in it, PM me.

It's disassembled at the moment to fit in the back of a wagon but all there with assembly instructions which I don't mind helping with.
The computer needs new batteries and the sensor magnets need replacing.