PDA

View Full Version : usb

ajturbo
23rd August 2006, 11:58
yer yer i know, this has nothing to do with bikes...

but i just gota have a cable from my video camera to my computer, i need to burn some "home" vid's to dvd......

so what i need is to BORROW, or buy realy cheeply a
usb to tv cable thingy

PLEASE..????...

ZeroIndex
23rd August 2006, 12:12
start off by saying
Camera: (camera make x)
Model: (camera model x)

SDU
23rd August 2006, 12:13
Most places that sell computer/video gear should have what you need at a reasonable price, Dick smith usually covers a lot of that stuff.
We had a similar problem except we needed a firewire to link to our camera to our computer. Only cost us $19.00 from Mac.

Wasp
23rd August 2006, 12:38
Wait a sec, slow down and take a breath. what do you want? a camera to tv? computer to tv? camera to computer?

camera to pc, im guessing either firewire or usb as data or do you want to plug one end into the camera and the other end have rca plugs on it?

I have a few of these cables around work, if you find me a pic or link of what you want then i can see if ive got it and you can have it for free (comming down to this weekends buckets?)

MOTOXXX
23rd August 2006, 16:03
yea you will probly find that you can transfer photos off the camera with the usb. most of the cameras need a firewire or ieee1394 connection to get the movie stuff off them

ajturbo
24th August 2006, 09:12
thanks guys, will take photo today and post it...

but it is a panasonic Video camrecorder, it takes the small vhs cassets...

and i would like to get it to the PC and burn the DVD's

till later.

yes we will be there on sunday WET OR FINE:sunny:

GR81
24th August 2006, 09:58
so i assume your video camera is not a digital camera then?

in that case you need one of these?
http://www.cdlnz.com/index.html?VS=p&G=AVG001&P=&ID=3499533

we have them in stock for $100+gst

but if you're trustworthy... i can loan you one provided you dont wreck the packaging :angry:

PM me if you want more details.

Skunk
24th August 2006, 20:23
so i assume your video camera is not a digital camera then?

in that case you need one of these?
http://www.cdlnz.com/index.html?VS=p&G=AVG001&P=&ID=3499533

Linky not worky... Sounds like what I need.

GR81
24th August 2006, 21:44
search for AVG001

ajturbo
25th August 2006, 13:18
my camera is a

panasonic: NV-S8A

DONT get me wrong here... but how the hell can just a cable be worth $100.+ gst??? ....

Sniper
25th August 2006, 13:26
Its not, GR81 needs alchohol money. :p

GR81
25th August 2006, 14:17
my camera is a
panasonic: NV-S8A
DONT get me wrong here... but how the hell can just a cable be worth $100.+ gst??? ....
it's not a cable. it's a converter, it has to use a chip to convert things from analog to digital etc etc
also comes with software from memory.

take it or leave it :)

Wasp
25th August 2006, 15:05
$100 for a unit that does that is a fairly good deal (provided its a good quality product of course).

when i get some spare time i'll see if any of the cables around here will do.

edit: you sure that model is right? i can only find manuals for a NV-S8 or a NV-S85A

Wasp
25th August 2006, 16:52
right well the manual for the nv-s8 says that it came with an av cable for connecting it to the tv.

if this is the case you'll need to find said cable (its unique) and buy the box that gr81 suggested (or similiar) to convert it to a digital format on your computer (also note that you will need a fairly modern computer in order to have the raw power to be able to do this)

other options instead of that box include a video capture card (same thing really just on a board not usb) or you could use a modern dvd recorder (the tv one, not the pc related one) or just plain old VHS.

or you could buy a mac but i dare not speak those dirty dirty words in here...

babyB
25th August 2006, 17:29
right well the manual for the nv-s8 says that it came with an av cable for connecting it to the tv.

if this is the case you'll need to find said cable ...
:rofl: aj:rofl: find :rofl: oopp sorry m8ty :innocent: :shutup:

Fub@r
25th August 2006, 17:36
If your camera has RCA or SVIDEO outputs the converter is a good gizmo. Got one recently at our office for converting VHS tapes to DVD. $100 is a good price for one and it really simple to use, they just plug in to a USB port and away it goes

ajturbo
29th August 2006, 21:54

if this is the case you'll need to find said cable (its unique) and buy the box that gr81 suggested (or similiar) to convert it to a digital format on your computer (also note that you will need a fairly modern computer in order to have the raw power to be able to do this)

other options instead of that box include a video capture card (same thing really just on a board not usb) or you could use a modern dvd recorder (the tv one, not the pc related one) or just plain old VHS.

or you could buy a mac but i dare not speak those dirty dirty words in here...

i have ALLLLLL the cables that came with the camera..(Babyb! :Pokey::spanking::innocent: ) but now it has no sound??? WTF???
i like listening to all the heavy breathing, squeals,

ajturbo
29th August 2006, 22:00
If your camera has RCA or SVIDEO outputs the converter is a good gizmo. Got one recently at our office for converting VHS tapes to DVD. $100 is a good price for one and it really simple to use, they just plug in to a USB port and away it goes

is it worth while spending $100 on a cable? or should i just get a new camera?

Fub@r
29th August 2006, 22:29

In our case it was as to pay a company to convert stuff from VHS was going to cost $500 to make 3 copies of each of the 3 tapes we provided.

Got the cable for $100, takes a few minutes to setup each tape and 10 minutes to brun each copy.

People at my office use it to copy records to cd, old home movies from vhs to dvd. Many different things can be done with this gizmo

GR81
30th August 2006, 16:03
the converter is on its way.

Wasp
30th August 2006, 16:17
yippee, go aj go.

whats da sys req for the converter gr81? (just curious)

GR81
30th August 2006, 17:12
USB2.0 and a reasonable PC
oh, and windows. NO MAC's :D

babyB
31st August 2006, 02:15
of course it it:yes:
but remember to put it in a really safe place :dodge:

ajturbo
31st August 2006, 10:52
of course it it:yes:
but remember to put it in a really safe place :dodge:

YOU SHOULD BE PACKING.....right?:zzzz: :yes: :sunny:

ajturbo
31st August 2006, 11:06
just got the thing working!!!

easy as

THANKYOU GR81:Punk: :Punk: :Punk:

but still no sound.... hmmmm think camera needs a clean???

Wasp
31st August 2006, 11:36
muted?

dodgey cable/port on camera?

babyB
31st August 2006, 14:08
.... but still no sound.... hmmmm think camera needs a clean???
aint u changerd the way ya plugged them in yet:rolleyes:

YOU SHOULD BE PACKING.....right?:zzzz: :yes: :sunny: :eek5: :crazy: um the dog ate me tape...... im totaly organized:wacko:

GR81
1st September 2006, 15:31
but still no sound.... hmmmm think camera needs a clean???
even though it inputs through the USB port, make sure your 'line-in' port isnt disabled/muted. It's a guess, but something to try.

ajturbo
3rd September 2006, 18:58
even though it inputs through the USB port, make sure your 'line-in' port isnt disabled/muted. It's a guess, but something to try.

just managed to "see" photo.. will try tomorrow ( when i get home):scooter:

ajturbo
5th September 2006, 16:45
2 things:
...1. where would i "find" the master volume thingy you show?
...2. don't think it would be this as, i can down-load files from my digy camera and it has video capablities and i can see and HEAR those..

GR81
5th September 2006, 16:55
START... Control Panel... Sounds and Audio Devices... Advanced.

somewhere there anyways.