PDA

View Full Version : Catalunya

merv
14th June 2004, 20:11
Here's an interesting set of stats - the highest speeds attained by the riders down the main straight.

merv
14th June 2004, 20:17
Ok, OK, so on this thread you are allowed to see the results.

merv
14th June 2004, 20:20
... and here's the standings year to date.

k14
14th June 2004, 20:24
Yeah, it was another fantastic race. Both rossi and gibernau made a few mistakes but rossi ended up taking it out.

What about all those things he was doing at the end, like with the stethescope (sp??) and the thermometer checking out the bike, ala "The Doctor", man he is a legend.

RiderInBlack
14th June 2004, 20:29
Cool, so what is it like to be a Forum Whore now Merv:buggerd: :not:

merv
14th June 2004, 20:31
Cool, so what is it like to be a Forum Whore now Merv:buggerd: :not:

The money still doesn't seem to be rolling into my bank account.

Hoon
14th June 2004, 21:55
Good on ya Merv!!

Yeah the race wasn't as exciting as the last week but it was great to see Rossi win again on the underdog bike. However underdog mightn't be the right word anymore as Yamaha finished 1-3-4 !!! Who would've thought it!!!

andy1
15th June 2004, 02:00
yea, Rossi Rossi! :not:
he is very popular here in Japan which is great! They show motogp nearly everyday on tv, from tests to reply races! awesome! seeu :spudwave:

merv
15th June 2004, 07:56
However underdog mightn't be the right word anymore as Yamaha finished 1-3-4 !!! Who would've thought it!!!

Yeah just as well I bought a Yam myself this year even if its not close to an M1. Just goes to show what the right rider and crew and a bit of development can do. The Dr and Burgess are geniuses and Honda seem to be going backwards without them. They have nowhere near the fastest bike but they are getting the job done.

As for Ducati WTF?

LB
16th June 2004, 05:24
As for Ducati WTF?

I'm sure Ducati are simply biding their time and will roar into the lead in the championship at the end.
(she says optimistically.......)

riffer
16th June 2004, 08:13
They are still ahead of Kawasaki and Suzuki at the moment.

Did anyone else hear when they were talking about trap speeds vs telemetry readout from the bikes.

They mentioned that in Italy Rossi and Gibernau were going through the trap at about 318km/hr with back tyres spinning, and telemetry indicating the back wheel was turning at about 360 km/hr.

Lucky they were using the Michelins I guess. If they were on the Bridgestones they might have been going through the traps at 290 with the telemetry indicating 400 at the back wheel :doh:

merv
16th June 2004, 08:35
They are still ahead of Kawasaki and Suzuki at the moment.

Did anyone else hear when they were talking about trap speeds vs telemetry readout from the bikes.

They mentioned that in Italy Rossi and Gibernau were going through the trap at about 318km/hr with back tyres spinning, and telemetry indicating the back wheel was turning at about 360 km/hr.

Lucky they were using the Michelins I guess. If they were on the Bridgestones they might have been going through the traps at 290 with the telemetry indicating 400 at the back wheel :doh:

Sheesh those boys need more grip.