PDA

View Full Version : Jacket Repair

TLDV8
24th August 2006, 14:58
Has anyone ever had a Spidi or similar material jacket repaired, if it is even possible.I might scrap the pants but would like to save the jacket if i can.First thought was to put some black racetape over the hole but wondered if there was a professional repair available.

Without writing a novel,this link should give an idea of what wearing gear can do for you...
http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?p=729995#post729995

Lou Girardin
24th August 2006, 15:13
Call Kerry at Motorcycle Safety Wear, 09 309 9522

ManDownUnder
24th August 2006, 15:31
What Lou said :niceone:

... dammit I hate agreeing with him - it's just the principle of it that galls me.

Lou Girardin
24th August 2006, 15:34
What Lou said :niceone:

... dammit I hate agreeing with him - it's just the principle of it that galls me.

Bite me big boy!:sunny:

ManDownUnder
24th August 2006, 15:36
Bite me big boy!:sunny:

Touch your toes, look away and I'll see if Maurice can put on a voice like mine. It'll be a thrill all right and you'll never know the difference :innocent:

vifferman
24th August 2006, 15:42
What Lou and Co said.
I've had a Teknic jacket repaired more than once by Kerrie at MSW - she does top class work. :niceone:
Now, apart from being very dirty and faded, my jacket is better than when I bought it.

What she does (unless you want leather sewn over the tears) is to sew and glue a piece of similar material in as a patch, so it retains its waterproof qualities.
If it wasn't waterproof before, I'm sure Kerrie can be persuaded to make some holes in it so it leaks the same as it used to.

Lou Girardin
25th August 2006, 14:24
Kerry is the best. Done some of my mates stuff and she does all of the Police stuff.

She makes it look good again and work good again..

She does bullet holes?
Does she do the bosses shoes when they shoot themselves in the foot?

The_Dover
25th August 2006, 14:42
C'mon Lou, we all know the cops don't get shot at.

It's mostly burst seams and removal of donut icing.

Lou Girardin
25th August 2006, 15:01
C'mon Lou, we all know the cops don't get shot at.

It's mostly burst seams and removal of donut icing.

I was referring to training accidents. That's the reason they want to take their Glocks and give 'em Tasers.