PDA

View Full Version : Canterbury: Little river rally

Smokin
25th August 2006, 18:40
It's on the 29th/30th September, We had a good time last year so had plans on heading over to do it all again.

Anyone else around here planning on going or do I get the sunday morning headache all to myself?

98tls
25th August 2006, 18:45
Am planning on going...thinking about going up from here and over to greymouth for the night...then back over the other pass to the rally...

Smokin
25th August 2006, 18:48
Am planning on going...thinking about going up from here and over to greymouth for the night...then back over the other pass to the rally...

I'll be leaving from Greymouth mid morning on the saturday, Your more than welcome to tag along if you want? :scooter:

Smokin
25th August 2006, 18:52
Come to think of it, If the better half doesn't mind I could put you up here for the friday night if that helps?

98tls
25th August 2006, 18:54
will let you know...cheers

Sniper
25th August 2006, 19:03
Damn, Im working sorry guys

Macktheknife
25th August 2006, 19:22
If you should happen to stop in at the little river pub, say g'day to the owner there, he was really good to me and my friends when we were stuck there for a few days.
He used to be a mechanic in papakura.

Smokin
25th August 2006, 19:32
Damn, Im working sorry guys

No worries bud, next time eh? :yes:

If you should happen to stop in at the little river pub, say g'day to the owner there, he was really good to me and my friends when we were stuck there for a few days.
He used to be a mechanic in papakura.

Sure will mate, Sounds like a guy and I'm always keen to say gidday to a publican:drinknsin

Jantar
25th August 2006, 20:27
Now which one?

September 23rd Pissed Penguin
or
September 30th Little River.

I can definitely go to one, but which?

If I go to the Pissed Penguin i'll just end up getting pissed, but then those Canterbury guys don't know what drinking is so I'd still be sober for ride home. :mellow:

dangerous
25th August 2006, 20:39
Sociable riders......... NOT
A group of us called in there last year, all we wanted to do was pay a cheaper entry and go and suport there bar (prior engaugments ment we couldnt stay) but no they didnt want to know us... so fuck em, stuck up bunch can have ther rally :done:

98tls
25th August 2006, 20:44
who actually runs that rally.....?

Smokin
25th August 2006, 20:46
but then those Canterbury guys don't know what drinking is so I'd still be sober for ride home. :mellow:

I'd be a starter if you want a hand to show em how it's done :apint:

Smokin
25th August 2006, 21:08

Sociable Riders club from memory.

That was a bugger you didnt come in Dangerous, It was a goodin.
If it makes any difference to you, We have the same rule at the woodstock rally
and I felt pretty stink having to tell people the same thing when all they wanted to see were the tanks.

dangerous
25th August 2006, 21:10

Sociable riders.........
.................................................. .................................................. .....

Transalper
25th August 2006, 21:44
as far as i've seen, all Rallys have that rule about gate entry being more than prepaid even if you only want to visit for a couple of hours

miSTa
25th August 2006, 22:01
If I go to the Pissed Penguin i'll just end up getting pissed, but then those Canterbury guys don't know what drinking is so I'd still be sober for ride home. :mellow:

:gob:Wow, that's a big claim, care to back up your words there old fella? ;)

98tls
25th August 2006, 22:15
:gob:Wow, that's a big claim, care to back up your words there old fella? ;) gotta agree................tell ya what,i have a mate that does a great home brew bourbon..will bring a couple of bottles with us..see how good you really are....i reckon by one oclock youll be shovin your pink spot in front of anyone you think will fill it up....:banana: and proud of it...

Jantar
26th August 2006, 15:29
OK, Little River it is. I'll be there. :scooter:

miSTa
26th August 2006, 16:38
Excellent, all I need to do is get the bosses approval and I'm there. :done:

Smokin
26th August 2006, 17:14
Good stuff, Looks like we have a party :drinknsin

Sniper
27th August 2006, 15:19
Looks like I have the days off now :whistle:

NC
27th August 2006, 16:24
Ok, but wait for me. Cause I'm slow

Smokin
27th August 2006, 16:49
Ok, but wait for me. Cause I'm slow

Do you want to tag along with us mate?

Bren_chch
28th August 2006, 11:21
Sociable riders......... NOT
A group of us called in there last year, all we wanted to do was pay a cheaper entry and go and suport there bar (prior engaugments ment we couldnt stay) but no they didnt want to know us... so fuck em, stuck up bunch can have ther rally :done:

yeha i remember that... all i wanted to do was wander around and check some bikes out, even offered to pay 5bucks jut to walk around, but na wouldnt let me... boo hoo!

Sniper
28th August 2006, 11:27
Jesus, was that a year ago already? I remember riding at the back all lonely like. Bloody 250

Skyryder
28th August 2006, 20:24
Jesus, was that a year ago already? I remember riding at the back all lonely like. Bloody 250

Just remember Sniper.............the older you get the faster it goes. So you yung'uns enjoy the slow lane while you can because once in the fast lane there.............. is no slowing down.

Skyryder

Rashika
30th August 2006, 14:09
heres the entry if any of you are interested

Smokin
22nd September 2006, 19:27

Are you still coming over bud?

What about you Sniper? Have you got the weekend off work?

Looking foward to this, Havn't been away on the bike for ages :2thumbsup

Jantar
22nd September 2006, 20:01
I'll be doing it in the reverse direction.... Straight through to the rally, then home via the West Coast. Sunday lunch in Hokitika. :yes:

98tls
22nd September 2006, 20:36
i am going to have to pass bugger it.....came down to that or going to the street racing in greymouth which ive chosen to do...its a $ thing..i just cant afford to do both....have a good one guys....maybe we can organize a few beers and a get together weekend of the street racing..bound to be a few going over....

scumdog
22nd September 2006, 21:30
Now which one?

September 23rd Pissed Penguin
or
September 30th Little River.

I can definitely go to one, but which?

The Pissed Penguin Malcolm - we ned more KBers of the right calibre there!!

No need to drink - I'll do THAT for you!!!!

Smokin
22nd September 2006, 21:42
Yeah it's a bugger alright. :(

never mind the street racing will be a cracker tho. :beer:

98tls
22nd September 2006, 21:49
Yeah it's a bugger alright. :(

never mind the street racing will be a cracker tho. :beer: will drop you a line just before....if your going to be around will have an ale..or two with ya..

Smokin
22nd September 2006, 21:51
will drop you a line just before....if your going to be around will have an ale..or two with ya..

Sounds like a plan.

Jantar
22nd September 2006, 23:43
The Pissed Penguin Malcolm - we ned more KBers of the right calibre there!!

No need to drink - I'll do THAT for you!!!!

Too late, I've decided on the Little River Rally. Stromfrau and I are going to the blossum Festival musical here in Alex tomorrow night, and next weekend I 'll be using the round trip to Little River as a practice ride for the 1000 miler.

But SD you can still get pissed for me tomorrow night. Only an idiot would get pissed in or near Alex this weekend. :whistle:

hairy stu
26th September 2006, 08:56
I'm going and a mate is tagging along with me, we were going to leave chch just before lunch on saturday and grab a bite to eat at the wheatsheaf on the way , but have heard a rumour that its closed, can anyone shed any light on this?

Rashika
26th September 2006, 09:09
I'm going and a mate is tagging along with me, we were going to leave chch just before lunch on saturday and grab a bite to eat at the wheatsheaf on the way , but have heard a rumour that its closed, can anyone shed any light on this?

was open a week ago... didn't see any sign saying they were going to be shut.
You aren't thinking back to last year when they were closed are you? They have been doing a great trade since change of ownership, we stop in there most weekends.

hairy stu
26th September 2006, 10:37
thanks for that, might just be my boss trying to wind me up. all we need now is for good weather.

Smokin
26th September 2006, 15:22

I was talking to the manager about a two months ago and he said it would be closed within a week, Then I saw him the other day driving a truck for Northern Southland :scratch:

See ya there Stu :apint:

Jantar
28th September 2006, 20:33
So it looks like Smokin, NC, Mr Sensible, Sniper, hairy stu and myself. Any others?
:ride: :ride: :ride:

It'll be be my first time at this rally, so any hints on where to camp, where to meet etc?

dangerous
28th September 2006, 20:37
na, but keen to meet up at the hilltop for a beer...???

Jantar
28th September 2006, 20:45
Sounds good Dangerous, but I'm not sure what time I'd arrive. I intend to leave Alex around 9:00 am, but this will be my first long trip on the Strom with lowered gearing (down 12%), so I'm not sure what my cruising speed will be. I should reach the rally site between 2:00 and 3:00 pm. If its closer to 2:00 then I'll carry on up to the Hilltop, but if its after 3:00 I'll just stop at the rally site.

Smokin
28th September 2006, 20:49
So it looks like Smokin, NC, Mr Sensible, Sniper, hairy stu and myself. Any others?
:ride: :ride: :ride:

It'll be be my first time at this rally, so any hints on where to camp, where to meet etc?

I think Jwalkers coming along as well, he is going to meet us along the way as we are cruising over. vote for pedro is coming as well.
Last year we went straight through the gate to the far end so we could get a little bit of distance from the stage, Im on a red/white/blue 04 Blade and pedros on a green RF900.

Yeah Dangerous, I'll have an ale with ya.

miSTa
28th September 2006, 22:00
So it looks like Smokin, NC, Mr Sensible, Sniper, hairy stu and myself.

Sorry Jantar, as much as I want to, I'm not going to be able to make it. Looks like I'm not going to be able to get at all, bugger.

JWALKER
29th September 2006, 15:05
I think Jwalkers coming along as well, he is going to meet us along the way as we are cruising over. vote for pedro is coming as well.
Last year we went straight through the gate to the far end so we could get a little bit of distance from the stage, Im on a red/white/blue 04 Blade and pedros on a green RF900.

Yeah Dangerous, I'll have an ale with ya.

yeah i will meet you at springfield and ride back with you. bike needs a run

Smokin
29th September 2006, 21:47
Just about to sellotape all the gear on the bike for an 8am kickoff.
I'll see you guys tomorrow then. :beer: :2thumbsup

Jantar
2nd October 2006, 08:34
I arrived home at 6:30 pm last night, soaking wet and cold after a 1320 km round trip. My claim that leathers treated with bees wax will stay waterproof for up to 3 hours in west coast rain didn't quite make the grade. The first sign of seepage started after an estimated 2 hours and 50 minutes of west coast drizzle. I guess its time to wash and wax them once again.

Great to meet up with Smokin and Pedro, but what happened to all the other KBers? I even sat at the HillTop from 2:00 to 3:00 on Saturday afternoon nursing a couple of Speights, but no sign of any KBers there either. Unless the rider who went the entire length of the straight downhill past HillTop on his backwheel was a KBer. :2thumbsup

Anyway, it was a good rally and a great ride, even in the wet.

Smokin
2nd October 2006, 09:10
That was a good effort mate and great meeting you as well.
We stopped at the Hilltop but carried on coz there was no sign of D's Guzzi.
All in all it was a good rally, not as many bikes as last year but a good turnout all the same, the weather might have played a part in that.

Had a major laughing fit just after getting up on sunday. Some clown on his full dresser cranked his unbaffed monster up in the middle of a group of tents and preceded to rev the crap out of it, then went on to crank up the onboard stereo full noise to the tune of Eric clapton,Tears in heaven i think or was it duelling banjos.
Anyway there were alot of sleeping people pissed off with him and the ones that were awake were all laughing at him. good stereo in those bikes tho.

I think I'll be a starter for next year as well.

scumdog
2nd October 2006, 10:52
I arrived home at 6:30 pm last night, soaking wet and cold after a 1320 km round trip. My claim that leathers treated with bees wax will stay waterproof for up to 3 hours in west coast rain didn't quite make the grade. The first sign of seepage started after an estimated 2 hours and 50 minutes of west coast drizzle. I guess its time to wash and wax them once again.
Anyway, it was a good rally and a great ride, even in the wet.

Told you the Pissed Penguin was the go - fine weather, great ride and about one more KBer!!!
Never mind, sounds like y'all had a ball anyway!:cool:

dangerous
2nd October 2006, 17:34
We stopped at the Hilltop but carried on coz there was no sign of D's Guzzi.

Ohh yeah, did say I would meet ya's there aye... opps kinda forgot as I got cought up at Ruapuna helping out. :whistle:

Smokin
2nd October 2006, 17:46
Ohh yeah, did say I would meet ya's there aye... opps kinda forgot as I got cought up at Ruapuna helping out. :whistle:

It's all good bud, Catch ya at the street races.:apint: