PDA

View Full Version : Is this tyre any good

Folcan
25th August 2006, 18:44
Since my back tyre has gone all weird. I am needing to get a new one, being strapped for cash I went hunting for the cheapest tyre I could and found this http://www.cycletreads.co.nz/content/catalogueViewEntry.aspx?entryPK=1527&profilePK=sports The tyre is 130/70-17

I just have a small fizzer and I dont ride it hard or anything so I was just wanting to get some other opinions on this tyre or perhaps I should get another one

thanks

oldguy
25th August 2006, 23:34
shouldn't be a problem, if like you say you don't race around

SuperDave
25th August 2006, 23:48
I'd say when it comes to tyres you get what you pay for. I have no personal experience with Kenda tyres but I have not heard any good or bad things about them. Honestly I don't hear much about them either way.
I personally would try and find a cheaper tyre by a reputable brand, something along the lines of Bridgestone, Pirelli or Dunlop.

madmal64
25th August 2006, 23:50
I would sugest that if its possible go for a set (front & rear) if the budget stretches that far. A mismatched set can cause havoc.
I Know nothing about these tires, but I do recomend getting the best tires you can since they are the only things that keep the bike stuck to the road.

Fatjim
26th August 2006, 10:30
I haven't had a 250 for years, but I can't imagine they'd go through even soft tyres that quickly. If you don't intend keeping it past a couple of years you'd may not have to change them again either way.

If it was me I go for a modern tyre as they stick better when cold, and as you don't race round alot they're gonna spend most of their time not up to temp.

On the VTR i always go for a sticky tyre on the front, and a longer wearing one on the back. fortunately, the diablo range seems to mix quite well. Can't say I've looked at others. Unfortunately diablo's probably don't go that small, but there are good sticky fronts out there for 250's.

hXc
26th August 2006, 10:52
It may be a bit expensive, but save your pennies and get some Pirelli Sport Demons. I have them on my Spada and have had absolutely no problems with sliding apart from wet paint, but that happens on any tyre. I would highly reccomend these to anyone with a smaller bike. I commute 6 days a week to work and school and occasionally do longer rides when I can afford them. They have been perfect for anything I've thrown at them: Be it the Taupo road, Wairoa, Vinegar Hill etc etc.

Great tyres! Save your money and get a pair of Sport Demons. You will love yourself, and your bike.

rc_36_rider
26th August 2006, 11:01
It may be a bit expensive, but save your pennies and get some Pirelli Sport Demons. I have them on my Spada and have had absolutely no problems with sliding apart from wet paint, but that happens on any tyre. I would highly reccomend these to anyone with a smaller bike. I commute 6 days a week to work and school and occasionally do longer rides when I can afford them. They have been perfect for anything I've thrown at them: Be it the Taupo road, Wairoa, Vinegar Hill etc etc.

Great tyres! Save your money and get a pair of Sport Demons. You will love yourself, and your bike.

great advice, sport deamons are the tyre of choice for small bikes ;)
an kenda's are horrible!!!!

Folcan
27th August 2006, 17:06
Thanks for all the replies

I guess ill stay away from this tyre then

sAsLEX
27th August 2006, 17:19
A mismatched set can cause havoc.
I

Well I havent had a matched set in years and have had no issues mixing pirelli, dunlop, bridgestone, michelin etc

Just get the right size and bobs your uncle