PDA

View Full Version : Whangarei Kart Track? Minimoto meet?

granma2
26th August 2006, 11:39
Anyone interested in heading up north for a minimoto meet at the Kart Track in Whangarei.
If so post some replies here and we will see what we can do.
Granma :sunny:

Bulldog
27th August 2006, 00:06
I could be in Granma. Depends on the date at present. If we could organise the date then I can organise my weekend better.

granma2
27th August 2006, 10:16
Ok Bulldog, 3M Man (Peter) is just getting numbers together at the moment, but I will let him know that you are interested. Will advise any dates asap.
Granma

RiderInBlack
27th August 2006, 10:55
Has anyone got minimotos fa hire or ta borrow up here (Whangarei) for this? Sounds like fun:niceone: Would like ta have a try, but "Roxanne's" (CRB1000FL) arse is too fat for the kart track:doh:

nzallstars
27th August 2006, 21:53
I'm in :D jsut tell me the date and time

granma2
3rd September 2006, 20:48
Hi RiderInBlack, I dont know of anyone who hires them at this stage.

I'm pretty sure if you turn up (on whatever day we can get) then someone will give you a ride.

The basic bikes are pretty cheap, heaps of fun and VERY ADDICTIVE.
Granma.

RiderInBlack
3rd September 2006, 23:02
Sweet As G2. Will come down ta check it out on the day:Punk: The Planet Honda Dudes said they had a blast last year with the minimotos on the Whangarei kart track last year.

ajturbo
4th September 2006, 09:14
what about the buckets also???

CM2005
8th September 2006, 18:51
what about the buckets also???
I'd be keen as for that! Maybe when my fiddy is finished i can bring that down.:scooter: :chase:

ajturbo
9th September 2006, 08:12
I'd be keen as for that! Maybe when my fiddy is finished i can bring that down.:scooter: :chase:
.. yer as i was thinking the other day.... if i can get to the BOB in CHCH.. i should be able to get up north....
so there could be at least 2 buckets there.....

Ivan
11th September 2006, 17:49
.. yer as i was thinking the other day.... if i can get to the BOB in CHCH.. i should be able to get up north....
so there could be at least 2 buckets there.....

might be keen also

ajturbo
12th September 2006, 08:10
might be keen also

well that is 3 in my van.. and if we can get skunk, Stev K..rg100 and the rest ..................
we have a convoy, come on back

Sketchy_Racer
12th September 2006, 21:34
Im keen on going with you AJ. Ivan prob wont be riding anyways if it happens or he cant afford it!

RiderInBlack
12th September 2006, 23:10
Hope you Bucket Guys aren't jumping the gun here. Have ya cleared this with the Minimoto Dudes and Dudettes yet, as they are the ones ORGANISE this?:msn-wink:

ajturbo
13th September 2006, 00:02
Hope you Bucket Guys aren't jumping the gun here. Have ya cleared this with the Minimoto Dudes and Dudettes yet, as they are the ones ORGANISE this?:msn-wink:

if you read my orginal post... i had asked about the buckets, the very first post is about gauging interest.....

this is what we are doing!!!

no-one has yet said that we are NOT invited.. till then we will tell all that we are interested IF THEY WANT US...

if not :whocares: ???

so on yer :scooter:

RiderInBlack
13th September 2006, 07:19
Yes I did read ya first post. IMHO ya then have to wait for the one organising the event to say ya or na before ya go any further. But see that ya already posted about having 3 buckets in the van before ya even know if they are cool with that. This makes it look like ya taking over the event (which ya not) and may cause it to backfire on ya. Please give the organiser time ta say ya or na before getting more carried away or putting more pressure on them.
As I read this event the organiser is trying to get some real track time for the Minimotos. You would not try running buckets on the track at the same time as the Minimotos were on it, anymore than you would share the track with go-karts. This means the organiser would have to make time in the event to let the buckets out on their own. If they have track time ta work this then cool, but please do not forget that this is their day.

ajturbo
13th September 2006, 08:37
in nelson, we shared the track with the karters, they would do a round, then we would, everyone happy.:sunny:
i for one would not expect to race along side the MM's, hopefully "Granma2" will get back to us soon to let us know if i am blowing wind or not...
and if i am (blowing wind) :whocares: ...just, you never know till you ask.:done:

oh and glen IF it is all go, there "should" be room...:love:

DMNTD
13th September 2006, 08:43
Any chance of letting a couple of locals on Magic's in?
Would be keen as fark to have a thrash on the track up here and could get a "few" along for shits 'n giggles :innocent:

RiderInBlack
13th September 2006, 08:59
Well Dudes if we don't here from Granma so how about we get our A's in ta gear and see if we can organise our own day for Street Magics and Buckets on the WHG Kart Tract?

DMNTD
13th September 2006, 09:05
Well I've got no probs talking to Mike Maunder re the track and details there re having the buckets/magics etc play.
Never been to an bucket/scooter event so not know the ins and outs but more than willing to push the right buttons up here to make it happen,if enough interest shown.

ajturbo
16th September 2006, 13:25
Well Dudes if we don't here from Granma so how about we get our A's in ta gear and see if we can organise our own day for Street Magics and Buckets on the WHG Kart Tract?

now ya talking due....

but i can see one problem for us way down here... where is it?
we need a person on the spot....
any one?

Expert
16th September 2006, 21:36
i like your approach ajturbo, if in doubt, assume you're invited! I'll be on for that for sure. has anyone got a plan of the track? Whats it like? twisty? fast? bumpy?

Arven
2nd October 2006, 13:39
Its been a while since the last post, but me and a mate could be keen for this with our MiniMotards (pitbikes) so we can join in with the Buckets / scooters etc.. :) Just give us the date / time / location details if it does go ahead (and if we are invited).

Cheers,

fallofalot
2nd October 2006, 15:15
If a bucket meet is possible I'd be keen. If I can get my bucket fixed in time, blew the crank over the weekend..... bugger :crybaby: .

Expert
29th January 2007, 11:57
What happened at this meet? Did it go ahead? were the buckets allowed to ride?

granma2
29th January 2007, 17:24
The last I heard was that the email sent to the Kart Club, requesting a race meeting remains unanswered.

Ivan
31st January 2007, 12:33
:scooter:
Is it gonna be a goer? or a noer?

Translates for people who arnt as brainy as us Gingas

Is there going to be a meeting? Or not?