PDA

View Full Version : Interesting Momo Helmets

SuperDave
27th August 2006, 16:10
Was having a look at the Motomail website and came across the following Momo brand helmet.

http://www.motoretail.co.nz/product.cfm?ID=5622

Never seen one before but I reckon they are one of the most radical designs I have seen. The Uvex Species is another quite different looking helmet, but unlike the Uvex one this Momo one actually looks damn good.

Was wondering if anyone on here owns one of these or knows anything about them? I know momo makes stuff for cars and as far as I recall they've got a good reputation, but what about their helmets?

Mr. Peanut
27th August 2006, 16:12
I dunno, but the prices on that site are fuken awesome.

Thanks for the link ^^;

R6_kid
27th August 2006, 16:13
looks gay, maybe you should buy one.

Honestly though, do you really want people to see your whole face? I like the idea that i have a solid chin bar that covers my mouth/jaw/chin so that in the case of an accident it doesnt get smashed to peices.

I spose that helmet would look alright with dark black or reflective visor, but as they are there its not for me.

SuperDave
27th August 2006, 16:54
Yeah I reckon with a dark visor they look much better.
Why do you mind people seeing your whole face Gareth? I don't.

There is a chin section there its just smaller than usual, in exchange for a larger field of view. I would also think that in the event of an off your chin would have a relatively low chance of receiving much force. In light of this I would imagine that the chin protection on this particular helmet would be sufficient.

race me!!!!
27th August 2006, 17:15
we had some of these at work a 8 mpnths ago still got some too
great helmets prices through the roof

Indiana_Jones
27th August 2006, 17:22
How............funky? :S

-Indy

Zapf
27th August 2006, 17:51
Was having a look at the Motomail website and came across the following Momo brand helmet.

Nice fish bowl :) but yea look like more a scooter / commute helmet, would want a solid chin piece.

SuperDave
27th August 2006, 18:00
Yeah been scrounging around for more info about them outa interest, don't find too much but from looking at some more pictures on Ebay I'm thinking it's not something I would actually go and buy. Still, it's an interesting design none the less.

Hitcher
27th August 2006, 18:02
Ahhhhh, Momo helmets. That's why they're not pink and festooned with tinsel.

dawnrazor
27th August 2006, 18:43
Hey SuperDave

Check out www.designerhelmets.com for more.

andrea
27th August 2006, 22:00
hmm looks pretty ghey just not happening does it come with sheepskin covers??

andrea
27th August 2006, 22:07
Hey SuperDave

Check out www.designerhelmets.com for more.
holly shit thats the BOMB!! im especially impressed with the obse rufus helmet
:yes: cheers for the site

Zed
27th August 2006, 22:51
...I reckon they are one of the most radical designs I have seen.Yep, reminds me of that Mission to Mars sci-fi. How big is the oxygen tank and how long does it last for? :spudwhat: