PDA

View Full Version : Thanks for the advice....but LOOK what I got!

lewises
15th June 2004, 22:13
To all those who saw fit to offer advice on my post;TLS or VTR? requesting info, thanks a bunch.
I am a newb here really so thought perhaps would post a brief intro.
Currently a westie, by choice, live in Titirangi and regular commute is to Central Ack for work.
Have only started riding regularly on-road again since about 2000 after an 8 year break.
Have since had an '88 CBR 'cane and '96 Thundercat(Written off, DAMNIT) and now after pondering the musings of various bods got caught up in the moment and bought a '00 ZX-12R. Have yet to take delivery but bought off trademe for $9100 so I am well pleased.
Will let you know what its like to try and hang on to 180 odd HP when you're an old bugger (>=40).
My wife is not happy but I can't seem to stop smiling........!!
:done:

Ghost Lemur
16th June 2004, 15:18
Congrats..

Looking foward to the pics.

Hitcher
16th June 2004, 15:22
Have bought a '00 ZX-12R. Have yet to take delivery but bought off trademe for $9100 so I am well pleased.

That is one seriously horny cycle -- and it's a Kawasaki! Woo hoo! There's something about the howl of an in-line four on fire that talks to my soul more than a vee-twin.

wari
16th June 2004, 15:27
Well done Mr Lewiss ... :spudbooge

Imight see ya out thataway ... :spudwave:

Motoracer
16th June 2004, 15:27
Congrats man! Happy wheeling at 250+ kmph!

There's something about the howl of an in-line four on fire that talks to my soul more than a vee-twin.

I am the same as well.

vifferman
16th June 2004, 15:28
Congratulations, Dude!

You lucky old bastid.... :Pokey:

kerryg
16th June 2004, 16:21
Congratulations, Dude!

You lucky old bastid.... :Pokey:

Would you like flowers or a donation to your chosen charity?? :doctor:

I'm in Titirangi too. I'll keep an eye out for ya as you flash by :rolleyes:

dangerous
16th June 2004, 19:56
Arrrrrrr...... like I said in your TL vs VTR thread 4cyl's belong in cars :bleh:
Now I recently had the chance to ride a ZX12 it was sent down here to sell as it had to much history up north somewere.

It had been lowered and there was a hole drilled in the tail piece were I recon there was once a didgital timming thingie in it for the drags.
This bike had the full Muzzi system and a PC111 it ideled like a jet plane about to let loose.
Well neadless to say I hit 200k in 2nd gear and when I releced the throtle the mad bitch couldent keep the rear on the ground shit it was fast it made my mates Bussa seem like a steppe :rolleyes: it was good, so enjoy that beastie of yours.