PDA

View Full Version : Wellington: Silverstream McDonalds Then Whitemans Valley then Mangaroa and then the Takas

Terminated
27th August 2006, 20:35
Just a thought say 10.30am Saturday 2nd September:

Breakfast at 10.00 perhaps.

This is primarily a first Springtime ' Gidday - meet and greet' and not an organised group ride.

No specific arrangement but take it on the fly for this spring/summer.

Take Right off SH2 Silverstream carry on over Silverstream bridge and go through 2 roundabouts, McDonalds is right hand side adjacent Mobil Service Station [Fergusson Dr right opposite St Pats College]

Golf November Two Five Zero and I look forward to catching up with all those in the region that have been helpful and supportive through this recent winter time when I started my riding.

Wasp
28th August 2006, 13:12
Sounds good :)

Jeff Sichoe
28th August 2006, 16:34
Sounds pretty interesting, would also be my first 'big' ride (apart from comming back from bulls, of course) on the bandit, are 'learner' riders welcome?

Wasp
28th August 2006, 17:05
if youve ridden back from bulls youve travelled farther (in direction) than i have.

more than welcome

another Bandit, yippee :hug:

Terminated
28th August 2006, 17:31
Watch this space.

1st day of spring this Friday - see how the weather is for Saturday and/or Sunday.

mikey
28th August 2006, 17:45
dont go to far out of the shire.....

MikeyG
28th August 2006, 18:19
I'm free this weekend, 9:30 is a bit early though

Terminated
28th August 2006, 21:57
I'm free this weekend, 9:30 is a bit early though

10.30 for 10.45 [breakfast at 10am] could be a starter.

Take it on the fly I suppose at this early stage leading into spring / summer.

Jeff Sichoe
28th August 2006, 22:07
yup i'm up for a 10am meeting :)

Terminated
31st August 2006, 20:33
Wellington - Silverstream McDonalds Then Whitemans Valley then Mangaroa and then the Takas

Just a thought say 10am Saturday make that 10.30am:

Breakfast at 9.30 perhaps. make that 10am for coffee and whatever

No specific arrangement but take it on the fly this spring/summer.

This is not an organised group ride, just a chance to meet up for the first spring weekend.

Golf November Two Five Zero and I would like to have a coffee say hi then head on out. [on my L-plates so will bring up the rear.]

Some may want to do Whitemans Valley and Mangaroa then up the Rimutaka Hill and across to Martinborough

Alternatives off course straight back to SH2 and up the Takas etc

or Whitemans Valley then out to Upper Hutt and SH2.

Heads Up and Enjoy

[May followup with a shorter ride Sunday same time and place to start.]

Wasp
1st September 2006, 08:42
where are we meeting, mc ds silverstream at 10? is it hard to find?

phoenixgtr
1st September 2006, 08:51
I'll be there. I need a ride. Haven't had a good one since I was de-horsed almost a month ago now. Will be good to catch up. Silverstream McD's is on the main road in isn't it?

Terminated
1st September 2006, 09:44
where are we meeting, mc ds silverstream at 10? is it hard to find?

Gidday Wasp, turn off SH2 at Silverstream Bridge after bridge pass directly through two roundabouts and a few hundred metres up you will see a Mobil service station on right McD's is next to the service station.

It is on Fergusson Drive directly opposite St Pats College.

Heads Up and Enjoy

Jeff Sichoe
1st September 2006, 16:03
I'll be there on the Bandit, and my mate will be riding along on his ZXR 250 :)

See you guys at 10am tomorrow!

(p.s i'm a bit crippled, no speedo / trip meter / odometer, something broke and I can't fix it :( )

phoenixgtr
1st September 2006, 16:16
(p.s i'm a bit crippled, no speedo / trip meter / odometer, something broke and I can't fix it :( )

Hahaha!! Sounds great

Jeff Sichoe
1st September 2006, 16:22
Yeah I noticed it yesterday morning, and I don't have time to work on it till sunday, so I will just keep close to the other bandit as a way to gauge fuel remaining :)

Drum
1st September 2006, 16:25
........ so I will just keep close to the other bandit as a way to gauge fuel remaining :)

Ha, ha. Good luck with that!

Wasp
1st September 2006, 16:34
Ha, ha. Good luck with that!
I dunno, he should have ATLEAST another 50kms after I run dry.

I'll have a look at it tommorow for ya Jeff, probably the cable or housing (by the wheel).

EDIT: just realised what Drum meant, good luck matey ;)

Drum
1st September 2006, 16:38
I dunno, he should have ATLEAST another 50kms after I run dry.

I'll have a look at it tommorow for ya Jeff, probably the cable or housing (by the wheel).

EDIT: just realised what Drum meant, good luck matey ;)

heh heh. I meant good luck keeping up. :chase:

Wasp
1st September 2006, 16:40
tehehheehehee...............hehehehehhe.........he he

Terminated
1st September 2006, 16:59
I'll be there on the Bandit, and my mate will be riding along on his ZXR 250 :)

See you guys at 10am tomorrow!

Gidday Jeff
Here's a quick fix perhaps:

Get the bike up on the stand [back wheel off ground]

Undo speedo cable and remove bottom of speedo cover - check inner 'outer' side of speedo are screws missing perhaps? is it loose? etc it may appear okay.

Now remount speedo and connect speedo cable - remember to have somebody help you to put weight down on seat pushing rear wheel down to get front wheel off ground. You need to turn the front wheel slowly in order to ensure you can 'home' the speedo cable now do up thread and snug tight - not too tight.

See how you go - let me know.

Heads Up an Enjoy

judecatmad
1st September 2006, 17:08
I'll try to be there - depends on what time I have to pick hubby up from his function tonight as to what time I actually make it out of bed tomorrow!!

If I don't see you there, enjoy :)

MattRSK
1st September 2006, 18:33
Hey, I need a ride. I would love to meet you guys. What will the distance be like on this ride. I am on a limited budget but will still be keen.

Sketchy_Racer
1st September 2006, 18:49
Hey guys,

Myself and MattRSK will be making an apperance.

Look out for a green bike with Racing numbers on !!

Jamezo
1st September 2006, 21:45
Sweet, I'll be there!

Do you plan to go up Blue Mountains then?

poorbastard
1st September 2006, 22:19
Hmmmmmmm to ride with a cracked exhaust of not to ride.........

May see you there may not, thats if i can find the bloody place

Terminated
1st September 2006, 23:01
Sweet, I'll be there!

Do you plan to go up Blue Mountains then?

Gidday Jamezo

This is not a formal organised ride as such, rather a 'meet and greet' coffee and hi at Silverstream.

My plan is to go up Whitemans Valley, then Mangaroa Hill rejoining SH2 just before the Caltex Upper Hutt then head on up Rimutaka and out to Martinborough.

[Note travel up and over the Rimutaka Hill subject to good weather conditions - appears as though it may be windy tomorrow.]

Because this is not a formal organised ride, the route to out to Rimutakas can be varied at each person's discretion.

What I would like to see is progressive departures in no more than 3 riders from Silverstream at a time, staggered say every 4-5minutes taking various routes eg:

1. Whitemans Valley - Mangaroa Hill - SH2 Upper Hutt - Rimutaka - Martinborough.

2. Ferguson Drive - Trentham Whitemans V.- Mangaroa - SH2 Te Marua - Rimutaka - Martinborough.

3. Feguson Drive - SH2 Upper Hutt [town]- Rimutaka - Mb[return perhaps Mangaroa]

4. Silverstream - SH2 'River Road' - Rimutaka - Mb[return Whitemans V.]

By staggering and leaving in no more than 3 at a time with 4 different routes we can mix it up a bit and not get too caught up with each other.

I will be one of the last to leave with my Mentor [10.45 ish]

I will have a copy of this post to hand out Saturday morning.

Heads Up and Enjoy
Buck

poorbastard
2nd September 2006, 02:06
Ok had a look and the exhaust is geting worse. Looks like I'll be pulling it off and getting it fixed instead.

Have a good ride guys

Terminated
2nd September 2006, 07:50
TOO WINDY FOR RIMUTAKA TODAY BUT REVISED LOOP ROUTE:

SILVERSTREAM MCDONALDS - WHITEMANS VALLEY- MANGAROA VALLEY - TE MARUA - SH2 SOUTH BACK DOWN PAST CALTEX THEN LEFT LEFT AT TRAFFIC LIGHTS - MANGAROA HILL - WHITEMANS VALLEY - SILVERSTREAM MCDONALDS

What I would like to see is progressive departures in no more than 3 riders from Silverstream at a time, staggered say every 4-5minutes taking various routes eg:

AS ALTERNATIVE THIS MAY ALSO BE DONE COMMENCING FROM SILVERSTREAM MCDONALDS GO DIRECTLY TO TE MARUA HEAD BACK THROUGH MANGAROA - WHITEMANS -SILVERSTREAM.

OR GO DIRECT TO TRENTHAM – WHITEMANS VALLEY- MANGAROA VALLEY TE MARUA LOOP BACK SH2 SOUTH BACK DOWN PAST CALTEX THEN LEFT LEFT AT TRAFFIC LIGHTS - MANGAROA HILL - WHITEMANS VALLEY - SILVERSTREAM MCDONALDS

Heads Up and Enjoy

Buck

Wasp
2nd September 2006, 07:51
its blowing a gale out there :(, ill prob come up to mcds though

edit: if it doesnt get any better im staying in bed.

Jamezo
2nd September 2006, 08:20
Alternative route looks good.

What I meant, is whether you intended entering Whitemans via Blue Mountains (logical I guess from Silverstream) or up Wallaceville.

Terminated
2nd September 2006, 08:38
Alternative route looks good.

What I meant, is whether you intended entering Whitemans via Blue Mountains (logical I guess from Silverstream) or up Wallaceville.

Gidday Jamezo - I will go McDons Whitemans via Blue Mountains through to Te Marua and loop back over Mangaroa Hill back Whitemans to McDons.

Heads Up and Enjoy

judecatmad
2nd September 2006, 10:50
Way too windy for me today and too tired anyway after picking hubby up from town last night cos he missed his last train home :(

Hope you have a good ride!

apteryx_haasti
2nd September 2006, 15:07
Way too windy for me today...

Hope you have a good ride!

Too windy for me too - I want to make sure my first run over the Takas goes as smoothly as it can! When I first woke up it was pretty quite, but the wind's been a bit of a bugger since then.

Oh well, rode into work 5 days last week, so the withdrawal symptoms are barely noticable...

:scooter: :scooter: :scooter: :scooter: (ahhh...that's better...)

Hope y'all had a good one!

PS - Buck, good on ya for organising this - hopefully I'll make it along one day. Not next weekend, though (on call :-( )

Drum
2nd September 2006, 17:34
Cheers for the good ride this morning people. Always good to meet more local riders.

Sorry I had to pike early to satisfy my domestic commitments - hope the hill was kind.

Terminated
2nd September 2006, 19:15
Thanks Drum, good role up for coffee and something to eat. I do like the Whitemans Valley and Mangaroa ride.

I think next Sunday could good for another run.

Will post in 'Events' middle of the week.

Heads Up and Enjoy

Terminated
2nd September 2006, 19:19
Too windy for me too - I want to make sure my first run over the Takas goes as smoothly as it can!

PS - Buck, good on ya for organising this - hopefully I'll make it along one day. Not next weekend, though (on call :-( )

Gidday A_H, like I just mentioned to Drum the Whitemans and Mangaroa is a good lead in ride this Spring.

I think Sunday mornings around WV and Mangaroa could become popular, with a coffee at Silverstream to start off.

On call next week I see - a case of keep the home fires burning [whoops pardon the pun]:yes:

Heads Up and Enjoy