PDA

View Full Version : NEW OLD GUY

NodMan
15th June 2004, 22:56
:scooter: So this is Kiwibiker...long time listener(to KK) first time caller....Im KKs Dad..long time rider 33years...Paid to thrash ST1100s round the countryside...but really luv my old Kwakas and XR powered mutants on my days off :scooter:

LB
16th June 2004, 06:01
Hi NodMan - welcome to the site! (you met me at Taupo)

RiderInBlack
16th June 2004, 06:19
Welcome Westie, good to see a few Westies here make us Northlander feel at home.

You guys are a little bit more sophisticated (had to get word book for that one) than us Northerners:rolleyes:

James Deuce
16th June 2004, 06:23
Welcome Nodman. You'll have fun here, and by the way: You did good with KK.

wari
16th June 2004, 07:35
Howdy mr nod ... :spudwave:

MikeL
16th June 2004, 08:05
Welcome mr plodman :Oops: I mean nodman. That makes four at least...
And yes, you can be very proud of KK - he's a credit to you.
:niceone:

FROSTY
16th June 2004, 08:18
about bloody time :rockon:
Good to see ya on the site :2thumbsup

Firefight
16th June 2004, 08:37
Yes welcome, always good to have another westie(adds Character to the site), and like Mike, I agree KK is a credit to you, its great in this day and age to hear a young guy who still holds his old man in such high regard..

Firefight

Ms Piggy
16th June 2004, 09:07
Welcome on board! :spudwave: Lots good people here.

I haven't met KK but if he's anything like every other rider I've met through KB's I'm sure he's a lovely lad!

Antallica
16th June 2004, 09:19
Was wondering why you hadn't signed up earlier man, guess you can be busy.

Welcome, feel free to share some wicked stories :D

vifferman
16th June 2004, 09:33
Hi, NodMan, and welcome. :spudwave:
Hey - tell me about your mutants. I used to have a mutant built around an XR500 - a CB250RS with an XR engine. :eek:

Cajun
16th June 2004, 09:41
Welcome Mr NodMan

Hoon
16th June 2004, 10:06
Hi Nod,
Thanks again for all your help getting me and my bike down to Taupo the other weekend!!
Great to see you on the site. I'm sure we will all benefit from your vast wealth of knowledge and experience (I mean that in the best possible way! :))

Motoracer
16th June 2004, 10:55
As per the other thread, Welcome!

merv
16th June 2004, 12:16
Welcome old man, you a Ulyssian?

riffer
16th June 2004, 12:44
Gidday Nodman.

Looks like you might get to take a bit of the heat off Spudchucker and Scumdog :shifty:

All are welcome in the madhouse :wacko:

Hitcher
16th June 2004, 12:59
Just what we need, another old fart! But seriously Nodman, welcome...

Zed
16th June 2004, 13:24
Hope you enjoy your stay at KB NodMan.

Hopefully you and your son won't have to fight over who uses the computer now? :kick:

Zed

Ghost Lemur
16th June 2004, 13:34
I know everyone's thinking it, so I'll be the one to ask...

Please post the most imbarrassing pic of KK you have. :killingme

Oh and stories are all good too.

Welcome to the Circus.

Holy Roller
16th June 2004, 14:34
Welcome aboard
There's a lot of really great guys (and gals) here from all over the country. It will be good to hear your take on things around here.
have fun and dont take things too seriously if you dont want to.

dangerous
16th June 2004, 18:49
Well it looks like its up to me to give the south Is welcome :wavey: Now tell us some more about those turbo's you own and post a picky of em as there will be a few here that would love to see one of the Z1tc, From one turbo owner to another :rockon:

And as for the quote below, there will be 'NO' heat taken of those too I'm sure that extra heat can be found for you :msn-wink:

Looks like you might get to take a bit of the heat off Spudchucker and Scumdog :shifty:

Motu
16th June 2004, 20:04
Ah,welcome sir - as a fellow Westie....could you post your weekly roster on this site so we might know where to find you....ah..if we ever get into trouble,like,y'know,um,yeah..... :innocent:

Kwaka-Kid
16th June 2004, 20:42
Welcome on board! :spudwave: Lots good people here.

I haven't met KK but if he's anything like every other rider I've met through KB's I'm sure he's a lovely lad!
Nah - i smell more :) Mummy Tells me im still kool though and thats all that matters!

And id be scared of the posting of the most embarrassing pic of me if the old guy could do any more then find the Post button! (haha ahh im safe.) :sweatdrop

And Yeah Welcome dad, i heard you treating my spare computers keyboard like a tywriter last night or actually a punching bag might be closer.. "BANG, BANG BANG, BANG, LOGIE WHERES THE SPACEBAR AGAIN?"
Hahaha! no only kidding, hes not that bad, but not too far from it! :kick:

Her_C4
16th June 2004, 21:15
Hiya Nodman,

Welcome aboard :spudwave: !!!

and

And Yeah Welcome dad, i heard you treating my spare computers keyboard like a tywriter last night or actually a punching bag might be closer.. "BANG, BANG BANG, BANG, LOGIE WHERES THE SPACEBAR AGAIN?"

:killingme

... and I am laughing but my sons say the same about me!! :brick:

NodMan
17th June 2004, 22:03
And id be scared of the posting of the most embarrassing pic of me if the old guy could do any more then find the Post button! (haha ahh im safe.) :sweatdrop

OK OK the boys not home so I get to play on the puter...wish he wwould let me use a keyboard that actually worked...you better start sweating KK cause I got the ammo ..just gotta learn how ta load this machine........gotta find out how to copy/paste pic of gpz turbo in here..

NodMan
17th June 2004, 22:24
Hi, NodMan, and welcome.
Hey - tell me about your mutants. I used to have a mutant built around an XR500 - a CB250RS with an XR engine.

Hi ya Firestormer..have built a few mutants over the years ...luved the early XR500 in the CB250RS..even ran one in Formula three way back...smoked round Puke and a few of the old street tracks like Whangerai,Beaumont St, Onekawa, unfortunaately never got it to Wanganui..that would have been its real heaven.Ran a CBX250 framed one then an MVX250 frame popped up but the inboard discs were bit nasty...have an NSR400 frame waiting for an XR600 motor that needs a rebuild ....Dont look to closely at my monoshocked GS1000E that KK sneaks round on sometimes..the RF900 shock in the back is worth more thaan the rest of the bike, but then I did buy it as a dirt bike! ..will have taa get KK release a few photos from his computer...Im only alowed ta drive the old puter aas Im the newbie round these things

dangerous
17th June 2004, 22:27
........gotta find out how to copy/paste pic of gpz turbo in here..

Yes please....... click on manage attachments and browse your puter for the pic then click upload :niceone: and dont forget the Z1

FROSTY
17th June 2004, 23:39
[QUOTE=Kwaka-Kid]Nah - i smell more :) Mummy Tells me im still kool though and thats all that matters!

hehehe--yea but logie--you forget I live real close -and I dont mind showing him how to add those pics.

Kwaka-Kid
18th June 2004, 05:54
Doh~!

Nah, it takes someone with real, and i mean REAL patience to teach my dad :p

FROSTY
18th June 2004, 14:54
yea but dude--it would be really worth it--hes got like 19 years of dirt on you lol

vifferman
18th June 2004, 15:10
Hi ya Firestormer..have built a few mutants over the years ...luved the early XR500 in the CB250RS..even ran one in Formula three way back...smoked round Puke and a few of the old street tracks
Hmmm... wonder if the one I had was one of yours.
Did many people make these things? I got mine from my bro-in-law, who wasn't a biker, and it was in a sorry state, having been first abandoned on the side of the road by the owner, then sat outside in the rain at his place for a few months. It had what looked like track tyres or race take-offs on it.

I pulled the whole thing apart, painted it all up, and reassembled it. It had a cut'n'shut tank, Cycleworks pipes, Koni shocks and a K&N filter, needed a valve grind (intake valves), and also rejetting as it was WAAY too lean. I got it running semi-OK, but I think it had the wrong carb on it (maybe a 250 one??)
Anyway, I had a heap of fun on it, before trading it in after a few years on a VF500.

magnum
20th June 2004, 21:02
hello and welcome