PDA

View Full Version : TradeMe Feedback Rule

Zed
28th August 2006, 14:25
I have been using TradeMe for over 3 years now and have traded in excess of an 100 times, I have 100% positive feedback but have only got a total of (91) under my name?? I completed a sale just the other day and when my total didn't change from 91 to 92 I promptly sent an email to TM and this is the reply I received:

Dear Matthew,

Thanks for contacting us.

When you complete a trade with someone you have traded with before, the feedback will not show as an extra number unfortunately. I hope you continue to enjoy the site.

If you have any further questions or if I can be of any further help please do not hesitate to contact me.

Regards,

Katie

Trade Me Support
================

Well I think it sux, and I reckon that some members have abused the feedback facility which has caused TM to make such an "unfortunate" rule! :oi-grr:

Finn
28th August 2006, 14:31
Go here... www.webuy.co.nz

And you get free shares in the company.

TLDV8
28th August 2006, 14:38
Ebay is the same.If a person clicks on the feedback number to get an idea of the trader via the feedback left,they will see the total number.In the end the actual rating number is there for those who actually use the system.

425 positive feedbacks. 161 are from individual members, and count towards the final rating.
0 neutral feedbacks.
0 negative feedbacks

Lias
28th August 2006, 16:00
I understand why they do it, thou it does get annoying. I personally think they should make it "no more than 1 feedback per month from each trader" or something.

Zed
28th August 2006, 16:37
Go here... www.webuy.co.nz (http://www.webuy.co.nz)

And you get free shares in the company.Cheers for that Finn, I'm now a registered owner in the company hehe. :done:

GR81
28th August 2006, 16:44
it's always been that way i think.

Zed
28th August 2006, 16:52
it's always been that way i think.Maybe? I couldn't find mention of it in their FAQ on feedback when I looked though.

Considering that feedback on TM is held in such high regard and acts as your reputation in the sight of other members, I just think it's stink that it doesn't increase with each trade. It should be moderated closely and anyone abusing the system should be kicked off imo.

Masterchop
28th August 2006, 16:53
I think the really annoying thing is the sellers that dont leave feedback untill the buyer has left his feedback.
This seems to be very common now and its wrong,once the buyer has paid he can do no more to affect the sale so the seller should post feedback then.

I think they wait so they can be sure they get positive feedback and if they dont they have the oppertunity to post retaleratory feedback.

ITS JUST PLAIN WRONG!

Zed
28th August 2006, 17:03
I think they wait so they can be sure they get positive feedback and if they dont they have the oppertunity to post retaleratory feedback.Well I still get some sellers posting feedback before I receive the goods and post feedback on them, so that aspect of the system doesn't bother me...I have only ever had one member not post feedback at all! Also remember that once feedback has been posted either party still has *one* opportunity to edit it (& you can change it from negative to positive or vice versa if you choose) before it becomes irreversible.

Dooly
28th August 2006, 17:07
I think the really annoying thing is the sellers that dont leave feedback untill the buyer has left his feedback.
This seems to be very common now and its wrong,once the buyer has paid he can do no more to affect the sale so the seller should post feedback then.

I think they wait so they can be sure they get positive feedback and if they dont they have the oppertunity to post retaleratory feedback.

ITS JUST PLAIN WRONG!

I dont place any feed back now until the seller does.
I find I used to do it and never get any back, so if the seller does'nt, I dont either.

Masterchop
28th August 2006, 17:15
I dont place any feed back now until the seller does.
I find I used to do it and never get any back, so if the seller does'nt, I dont either.

Yea,good call I agree.

The problem is that you buy trusting the feedback of the other member,the more positive the better.So if this happens alot, the system wont work as well because what may have been negative feedback wont get posted.

WINJA
28th August 2006, 18:49
I have been using TradeMe for over 3 years now and have traded in excess of an 100 times, I have 100% positive feedback but have only got a total of (91) under my name?? I completed a sale just the other day and when my total didn't change from 91 to 92 I promptly sent an email to TM and this is the reply I received:

Dear Matthew,

Thanks for contacting us.

When you complete a trade with someone you have traded with before, the feedback will not show as an extra number unfortunately. I hope you continue to enjoy the site.

If you have any further questions or if I can be of any further help please do not hesitate to contact me.

Regards,

Katie

Trade Me Support
================

Well I think it sux, and I reckon that some members have abused the feedback facility which has caused TM to make such an "unfortunate" rule! :oi-grr:

I SENT YOU SOME RED REP FOR BEING SUCH A WHINEY BITCH , WHO FUCKEN CARES ZED ITS JUST TRADE ME

JimO
28th August 2006, 19:35
I SENT YOU SOME RED REP FOR BEING SUCH A WHINEY BITCH , WHO FUCKEN CARES ZED ITS JUST TRADE ME

good old winja

Zed
28th August 2006, 19:52
I SENT YOU SOME RED REP FOR BEING SUCH A WHINEY BITCH , WHO FUCKEN CARES ZED ITS JUST TRADE MEOops so sory WINJA, I momentarily forgot that you have the sole rights on KB for being the WHINEY, WHINGING, WHIMPERING, WARTHOG (African wild swine with warty protuberances on the face and large protruding tusks ) that you are! All said in Christian love of course.

Now toodle off and ruin someone else's thread. :bye:

WINJA
28th August 2006, 20:21
Oops so sory WINJA, I momentarily forgot that you have the sole rights on KB for being the WHINEY, WHINGING, WHIMPERING, WARTHOG (African wild swine with warty protuberances on the face and large protruding tusks ) that you are! All said in Christian love of course.

Now toodle off and ruin someone else's thread. :bye:

THIS THREAD WAS RUINED BEFORE I GOT HERE , IT WAS ONE OF THOSE SELF RUINING ONES WHEN YOU STARTED COMPLAINING ABOUT NOTHING

Zed
28th August 2006, 20:42
I SENT YOU SOME RED REP FOR BEING SUCH A WHINEY BITCH , WHO FUCKEN CARES ZED ITS JUST TRADE ME<TABLE class=tborder cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=4 width="100%" align=center border=0><TBODY id=collapseobj_usercp_reputation><TR><TD class=alt1Active id=p734071 width="50%">TradeMe Feedback Rule (http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?p=734071#post734071)</TD><TD class=alt2 noWrap>28th August 2006 18:47</TD><TD class=alt1 noWrap>WINJA (http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/member.php?u=1835)</TD><TD class=alt2 width="50%">WANKER</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Your red rep comment was obviously the first thought that came to your filthy mind.

Zed
28th August 2006, 21:01
Go here... www.webuy.co.nz (http://www.webuy.co.nz)

And you get free shares in the company.After joining up I received this interesting email from them this arvo:

Hello everyone,

was hoping to send a nice big flash newsletter tomorrow at kickoff.
We have had major problems today with Xtra dropping our DNS record. The problem is at telocom end and we really appreciate this happening the day before launch.. Some of you cannot get the Webuy Site.. The site is not down and has not been down and there are still 100's registrations and listings coming through.

We are extremely angry and more than a little concerned how this, usually unheard of, situation would arise.

Stay staunch as we certainly shall.

Kind regards
Brooke McKenzie
Webuy Limited