PDA

View Full Version : Schuberth Helmet.

James Deuce
28th August 2006, 15:16
I like the look of this one better than the Momo posted the other day, though knowing Schuberth it will be 3 times the price.
http://www.webbikeworld.com/schuberth-j1/

Mattzxr750
28th August 2006, 18:07
looks interesting

Hitcher
28th August 2006, 18:44
Given the amount of damage I've done to the chin guard on my last two Shoei helmets, I wouldn't have wanted to have been wearing one of these on either of those two occasions. And, like most helmet reviews, the pinhead reviewer has assumed that if the helmet fits them it will fit anybody, and there is no discussion whatsoever of the various sizes available.

The whole thing looks underdone and overpriced.

Grahameeboy
28th August 2006, 18:45
Still looks cool though..........

pritch
28th August 2006, 19:03
I have an old Shuberth BMW golfball helmet which was well made but is now very old. By rights it should have been binned long since but then there's this "it might come in handy one day' thing.

Not sure about that new offering though...

The Web Bike World site is a good source of info for bike accessories, I've used it a lot in the past.

James Deuce
28th August 2006, 20:04
I'm tossing up on whether to get one of these or a Momo Fighter for Summer commuting.

The Momo might be cooler. Which is important when you're not cool yourself.

I want to run a little psych experiment and see if the whole face being visible turns you into a person instead of a threatening madman on a vehicle that shouldn't logically be upright.

Shaun
28th August 2006, 20:06
I have an old Shuberth BMW golfball helmet which was well made but is now very old. By rights it should have been binned long since but then there's this "it might come in handy one day' thing.

Not sure about that new offering though...

The Web Bike World site is a good source of info for bike accessories, I've used it a lot in the past.

I raced in one of them in 1988 WSB at manfeild:gob: Hope you don't still use it

Lou Girardin
29th August 2006, 14:13
See the shop sales forum. We've got them at AMPS.

dawnrazor
29th August 2006, 14:26
I have just tried one of these helmets (full face) on at the afore mentioned AMPS, while having a chat with Lou.

I thought my ARAI RX7 Corsair was the best helmet on the market, and it is a bloody fantastic helmet, but the schuberth I tried on was pretty impressive, the noise reduction was seriously impressive and it was damn comfortable, if I was in the market for a new lid I'd be knocking on their door - they do make the Arai look cheap is the only problem I could find, but still $5 helmet = a $5 head and all that ;)

The built in sunnies are cool as well

snuffles
29th August 2006, 15:30
I like the look of this one better than the Momo posted the other day, though knowing Schuberth it will be 3 times the price.
http://www.webbikeworld.com/schuberth-j1/

Looks like and old fellas helmet.........................................

dawnrazor
29th August 2006, 15:36
Looks like and old fellas helmet.........................................

you shoulkd see the carbon fibre full face at AMPS, nothing old fella about that baby

outlawtorn
29th August 2006, 15:46
thats a very nice helmet, I hate full face helmets but they are necessary in winter, if those came into the NZ market I would consider one......

Lou Girardin
29th August 2006, 16:20
thats a very nice helmet, I hate full face helmets but they are necessary in winter, if those came into the NZ market I would consider one......

Start considering.

dawnrazor
29th August 2006, 16:33

dude did you not see my previous post?

nudemetalz
29th August 2006, 18:20
It's a nice looking helmet but needs a black visor to complete it's look not just black flip-down goggles.