PDA

View Full Version : Adventures4me.

Dave Klaui
28th August 2006, 21:21
Hi there, I'am keen to meet up with a group of guys from the Wgtn/Wairarapa/Kapiti region for the ocassional adventure ride.
I've just been reading through some of the threads about the country back roads in the Wairarapa. This sounds awesome.
Thumbs up for me. Count me in on your next trip.
Looking forward to any reply.
Cheers Dave.

upshift
28th August 2006, 23:04
I'm a bit of a n00b myself but have found there is a pretty active and great bunch of adventure riders here in good old wellytown so start looking forward to some great rides. Keep a watch on things in this forum plus advrider.com in regional forums - Asia/Oz/Kiwiland for upcoming rides. Will keep an eye out for you.

SDU
29th August 2006, 12:46
Welcome to KB.
Hope you get to hook up for some adventure rides your way. Have heard the guys up your way do some awesome rides.

I'd be interested to hear what you find your KLE is like around the different types of terrain.

clint640
29th August 2006, 12:56
Welcome aboard.

Here's a site that may be of interest to a KLE owner:http://www.rallytwin.com

Cheers
Clint

laRIKin
29th August 2006, 19:18
I'd be interested to hear what you find your KLE is like around the different types of terrain.

Welcome mate and we are interested on how you find the bike because we were going to buy one for SDU, but the guy that was selling it changed his mind.
Don't you hate that, we had turned up a day or two later to test ride it and maybe buy it.
He could of at least let us get the test ride in before he changed his mind about doing his O.E.

Garry.W
1st September 2006, 09:01
Hi there, I'am keen to meet up with a group of guys from the Wgtn/Wairarapa/Kapiti region for the ocassional adventure ride.
I've just been reading through some of the threads about the country back roads in the Wairarapa. This sounds awesome.
Thumbs up for me. Count me in on your next trip.
Looking forward to any reply.
Cheers Dave.

Hi ya mate. There's an overnighter being planned to tackle the Makiro Track again first weekend in December if your up for it. No doubt something will come up between now and then. Will keep you posted on what we're up to next.

Ocean1
1st September 2006, 12:07
Hi ya mate. There's an overnighter being planned to tackle the Makiro Track again first weekend in December if your up for it. No doubt something will come up between now and then. Will keep you posted on what we're up to next.

Now that I'd be interested in if there's room for one more, and if I get my bike straight, and if my leg comes right...

Dave Klaui
1st September 2006, 20:37
Thanks for the your info on the web address.
Have'nt had a chance to take a look yet.
Keep me posted on any upcoming events you hear of.
Cheers Dave.

Dave Klaui
1st September 2006, 22:06
Welcome mate and we are interested on how you find the bike because we were going to buy one for SDU, but the guy that was selling it changed his mind.
Don't you hate that, we had turned up a day or two later to test ride it and maybe buy it.
He could of at least let us get the test ride in before he changed his mind about doing his O.E.

I have had the KLE for 15mths now. This has proven to be a great versatile bike for all conditions.
It has plenty of punch for a 500 twin(50HP) and will cruise along at 100k @ 4200rpm all day long (but you get a sore arse after a couple of hours).
It has a tank range of 250km to empty from a 15 litre tank which is'nt too bad. Averaging around 17k/per lt.
I rode up to one of Mike Brittens Adv rides in March to the Taranaki region.
Left Wgtn all loaded up for 2 days for an adventure and had an awesome time.
Some parts of the track were quite slippery. This is where the KLE is limited due to its weight of 180kg +100kg rider. A bit of slipping & sliding here & there & some minor damage, but it got through okay. I just took it easy.
So if you are keen on a test ride, check out bikepoint.co.nz. There are 4 Kawasaki agents advertising the 2006 demo model for $8995.
Cheers Dave.

Dave Klaui
1st September 2006, 22:12

Thanks mate, sounds good. Looking forward to more info when the time comes.
Cheers Dave.

SDU
15th September 2006, 12:36
Thanks DK for the info. They sound like a good fun bike & when we looked at them awhile back there was only 1 to look at & limited info. Since I've already got a new toy this year (DR650) it'll have to stay in the future possibilities list.
Oh to have the money to fill a the garage with a bike for every occasion & afford the taxes to run them.:sunny:

Transalper
15th September 2006, 13:51
Ahhh...that dream. We know it so well.