PDA

View Full Version : For all you country bumpkins, what's Telecom's excuse now?

The_Dover
29th August 2006, 10:41
And believe me, this place is the middle of bumfuck nowhere and has one large extended family.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/scotland/north_east/5290936.stm

Finn
29th August 2006, 10:44
And believe me, this place is the middle of bumfuck nowhere and has one large extended family.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/scotland/north_east/5290936.stm

So when your Dad gets power you'll be able to email him and send pics of your cute little puppy.

cowpoos
29th August 2006, 11:03
So when your Dad gets power you'll be able to email him and send pics of your cute little puppy.
he has a puppie?

Finn
29th August 2006, 11:06
he has a puppie?

He won't have after this weekend. I'll be paying him a visit with my perverted dog.

But yes, back on topic... Telecom suck.

The_Dover
29th August 2006, 11:06
he has a puppie?

that's what I call it when Finn comes over and pats it.

Flyingpony
29th August 2006, 12:28
People on the coast get told by Telecom that there aren't enough free lines/numbers so many don't even have a phone. For those that do have a line & number, when somebody does go onto the Internet, naturally using dialup, it somehow consumes a number of lines so those further up the line get no signal at all, even for 111!

Smoke signals, Telecoms needs to work on a boardband system using that,,, probably won't work on the coast too due to all the coal fires and fog.

The_Dover
29th August 2006, 12:37
Telecom need to work on investing in the infrastructure instead of paying millions to fat stinking pussbags like Ms Gattung and her rug munching or sausage smuggling cronies.

dawnrazor
29th August 2006, 12:49

and not a hint of hyperbole for miles around -

I'm not being sarcastic either, I've been to the highlands and they where scary enough for thanks!

ajturbo
29th August 2006, 21:41
don't be so hard on telecom... they "RUSHED" to help me out in my time of need, they only took 2 MONTHS to repair a broken ph. line...
you read that right
2 MONTHS
we are blessed here in NZ to be run by such a carring Co.

skelstar
29th August 2006, 21:47
He hee, Chatham Island is going to get high-speed internet. Not Telecon thats putting it in though :innocent:

James Deuce
29th August 2006, 22:00
People on the coast get told by Telecom that there aren't enough free lines/numbers so many don't even have a phone. For those that do have a line & number, when somebody does go onto the Internet, naturally using dialup, it somehow consumes a number of lines so those further up the line get no signal at all, even for 111!

Smoke signals, Telecoms needs to work on a boardband system using that,,, probably won't work on the coast too due to all the coal fires and fog.

That's actually quite right. It's called pair sharing and it basically comes down to NZ's residential telecommunications infrastructure being constructed to deal with voice calls for about 3 million people. High speed copper based Internet connectivity demands 4 pairs of wires, but the exchanges are mostly setup to provide a pair of wires per house. So they share pairs because it is a rare day when everyone talks on the phone at the same time. Hang on a minute. Those pesky DSL lines are on the Internet all the time. Instant capacity issue.

Telecom has pumped most of its profit back into its overseas investors. It must be around 12 Billion and climbing since 1988. They needed that 12 Billion to redevelop our telecomms infrastructure to support future requirements. I wasted 8 months of my life on a working committee at Telecom working for TNO investigating the potential impact of Internet usage on NZ's residential voice infrastructure. This was 1995 and VOIP was just beginning to enter the corporate conciousness. Not only were the the three technical "experts" (I was one of them) told they were mental for suggesting that the NZ infrastructure would be overwhelmed by 2000, Telecom didn't see how data would become the primary bandwidth hog in a residential market and NEC denied that Ethernet and TCP/IP could be taken seriously as layer 2 and layer 3 networking protocols and they would not be developing Exchange equipment that would provision either service. Who's stupid now? Hang on a minute - I was right, they're rich, and I have no career. Never, ever point out you're right when the guy on the other side of the desk has all the political cards in his favour. Got that kids? Lie, cheat, and steal. It's the Capitalist way.

You can't have capitalism and a social conscience working in the same market though. I think we went one step too far selling our Telecommunications Infrastructure and Railways. The two actually go hand in hand. It is comparatively easy to deploy cable next to a railway network.

scracha
30th August 2006, 00:00
Is it co-incidence that www.telecon.co.nz (watch the spelling kids) is registered by Telecom?

Indiana_Jones
30th August 2006, 00:04
Telecunts are cunts.

.......CUNTS!

-Indy