PDA

View Full Version : Time for a circular reference quiz...

Krayy
29th August 2006, 13:57
So what is a circular reference quiz I hear you ask? It's one where each answer forms a link to the next question until the last question references the first. This means you need to answer the questions in turn, as jumping ahead won't help you. This ones fairly easy for anyone who grew up in the 80s, but you young'uns may need to crack open the imdb.

1) In this film, "Zimmerman flew", but who knew and what was the movie?

2) The actor from the previous answer starred in an action/comedy series about a bumbling superhero. Who played the superheros girlfriend?

3) The superheros girlfriend co-starred in an action movie (filmed in NZ btw, and a damn good book) where she played a Mossad agent who was helping 2 brothers who are CIA agents clear their name. What was the movie and book?

4) The actor who played one of the brothers starred in a movie that was a remake of an older detective series. Name the movie and the band that recorded the remixed theme tune?

5) This band had another hit that had the same name as a song by a seriously cool Texan blues/rock band. Name the song and the Texan band.

6) What was the most ironic thing about the band that had to do with its signature image (not really a linked question, I just want to know if you're attentive)?

7) A blind blues man with awesome guitar skills covered one of the Texan bands songs about a bit of missing clothing. Name the song and the blind guitarist.

8) This blind guitarist featured in an action movie where bottles were thrown against a chickenwire covered stage. Name the movie.

9) The main star of the previous movie also starred in a star studded gang related picture that launched a number of successful careers. What movie was it?

10) One of the stars of that picture is a short, aging psycho who treats his woman like a beey-atch, likes leaping on couches and has some weird-ass religious beliefs. Who is this nut-ball and in what movie did he co-star about a military academy with the star of the movie in question number one?

Sniper
29th August 2006, 14:03
1. Turk 182 and no idea

Krayy
29th August 2006, 14:36
1. Turk 182 and no idea
Half an answer.....and no half bling option. Ah well, drawing board here I come.

riffer
29th August 2006, 14:38
I'll give it a go.

1. Tyler Knew. Turk 182.
2. Greatest American Hero. Connie Sellecca.
3. The Brotherhood of the Rose.
6. ZZ Top. Frank Beard, the drummer, has no beard.
7. John Lee Hooker. Boom Boom Boom Boom - and ZZ Top covered it, not wrote it.
8. Blues Brothers
9. The Outsiders
10. Tom Cruise. Taps

Run out of lunch time. Does someelse know more?

Sniper
29th August 2006, 14:38
The whirlyjig?

Krayy
29th August 2006, 14:42
8. Blues Brothers...
Mmmmm....nope. Other ones are on the money though. But we still need to follow the chain.

Big Dave
29th August 2006, 14:50
7. - Blue Jean Blues - Jeff Healey.
8. Roadhouse.

Krayy
29th August 2006, 14:53
7. - Blue Jean Blues - Jeff Healey.
And a damn good version it was too.....also his version of "While my guitar gently weeps" is sublime.

Big Dave
29th August 2006, 14:59
And a damn good version it was too.....also his version of "While my guitar gently weeps" is sublime.

aye - once you got past tha 'lap' thang.
what about 'roadhouse'?

Krayy
29th August 2006, 15:10
aye - once you got past tha 'lap' thang.
what about 'roadhouse'?
You know it is, so why rub it in ?

Flyingpony
29th August 2006, 15:16
I've always hated questions like this, especially in exams when I was unable to answer the first question out of the 5.
As for answering the above questions: :mellow: (draws a blank on Q1)

Big Dave
29th August 2006, 15:21
You know it is, so why rub it in ?

it was a guess. :dodge:

Krayy
29th August 2006, 15:43
it was a guess. :dodge:
Ahhh, in that case, yes it is.

Big Dave
29th August 2006, 18:24
4. Peter Gunn - I have Brian Setzer orchestra or Art of Noise title tracks.

Krayy
30th August 2006, 09:51
4. Peter Gunn - I have Brian Setzer orchestra or Art of Noise title tracks.
Another hit to Dave with the AoN link....

Big Dave
30th August 2006, 10:33
Another hit to Dave with the AoN link....

Cool - so that means 5 is 'Legs' - ZZ Top

Krayy
31st August 2006, 11:48
Cool - so that means 5 is 'Legs' - ZZ Top
Yep, Legs is from ZZ Top and Art of Noise