PDA

View Full Version : Great news for road bikes!

White trash
16th June 2004, 16:01
According to my inside sources, the ACC levie for motorcycles, charged on registration, is to fall as of 01/07/04.

The new rate for one years rego will now be $249. :spudbooge

Who says protesting gets you no where?

More money for :apint:

Two Smoker
16th June 2004, 16:05
Damn thats good news, too bad my reg aint due for at least 8 months :( We will see when i get a second bike......

Deano
16th June 2004, 16:11
Bloody awesome, about time too. Mrs Deano will be pleased, now I will have more $$$ for tyres.

White trash
16th June 2004, 16:16
Bloody awesome, about time too. Mrs Deano will be pleased, now I will have more $$$ for tyres.

Dont tell her you fool!

Hitcher
16th June 2004, 16:17
Bugger! Have just bought 12 more months for the Zrex...

vifferman
16th June 2004, 16:21
That's good, but it's still too high.

Ms Piggy
16th June 2004, 17:24

And here was me thinking you were gonna say "More money for flowers for Mrs Deano." I must have been unmarried for too long! :bleh:

James Deuce
16th June 2004, 17:33
FARK

My rego is due in 2 days.

F__k LTSA and the horse they rode in on. :angry2:

curious george
16th June 2004, 17:37
Why don't you rego it for kust one month then? You can register it for as little as 1 day. It still needs a warrant, then update the rego when the lower charges come in.

James Deuce
16th June 2004, 17:42
Why don't you rego it for kust one month then? You can register it for as little as 1 day. It still needs a warrant, then update the rego when the lower charges come in.

Because they load partial rego punitively. I reckon registering for less than 6 months would lose me any benefit of doing it that way.

k14
16th June 2004, 17:52
Yeah i just got a letter telling me that my rego is due. As it happens, my rego expires on the 1st of july, brilliant :headbang: :bleh:

It is $128.55 for 6 months and $249.60 for 12 months. That means my 3 month rego will be around $65, sweet that means i get $5 spending money for that week after rent etc is paid :apint:

dangerous
16th June 2004, 18:59

Ohhh...... not realy mate, as I was paying $450 in Oz and nealy $800 for the car. If you regester a bike over there as a single seater (must have single seat and rear foot rests removed) then it cuts the cost in half.

Cajun
16th June 2004, 20:23
That sounds fucken awsome, with having to rego 6 bikes in family that saves us $300 a year

Wenier
16th June 2004, 20:45
nice to see it will go back down but it is still damn high, especially when you think the acc jus used alot of our rego money to most likely fund their big campaign dinner and all that was in the news jus the other day!!

Slim
17th June 2004, 08:40
Yup, especially when you're paying for more than one vehicle registration (and therefore more than one ACC levy), but there's only one of you to get injured. :crazy:

tuscan
17th June 2004, 08:49
Choice!

My rego's due on the 7th of July :bleh:

The ACC levy for all vehicles seems to have reduced - does this mean they are going to up the levy on petrol? :ar15:

James Deuce
17th June 2004, 08:54
Choice!

My rego's due on the 7th of July :bleh:

The ACC levy for all vehicles seems to have reduced - does this mean they are going to up the levy on petrol? :ar15:

You are one switched on cat! It'll either be that or 100% excise duty on tyres.

Deano
17th June 2004, 08:56
FARK

My rego is due in 2 days.

F__k LTSA and the horse they rode in on. :angry2:

Take the chance and hold off registering it. If you get pulled up for it, plead ignorance (might need to flash your titties though). A reasonable cop may give you a month to register it....at which time you might also get the lower fee...but knowing the LTSA they would probably backdate the fee and charge the higher levy ....bastards...:brick:

scumdog
17th June 2004, 09:20
Yup, especially when you're paying for more than one vehicle registration (and therefore more than one ACC levy), but there's only one of you to get injured. :crazy:

I know, that sucks, me & mrs S.D. have 4 car & 1 bike on the road (not always the same 4 cars!!!) and yet we can only drive 1 each.

Mind you all but 1 of the cars is 40 years+ old so rego is 1/2 price - and if rego runs out and you don't get round to registering it for a few months the rego isn't back-dated (i.e. unlike "modern cars the rego isn't continuos) :bleh:

k14
17th June 2004, 09:39
Take the chance and hold off registering it. If you get pulled up for it, plead ignorance (might need to flash your titties though). A reasonable cop may give you a month to register it....at which time you might also get the lower fee...but knowing the LTSA they would probably backdate the fee and charge the higher levy ....bastards...:brick:

Doesn't work like that. You have to pay from the date your rego expires no matter when you register it. You could degreister it for a month, but that is probably getting a bit excessive and would definately cost more money.

Only way to do it is to register it for 3 months and then after 3 months you will start to save money. Although that still will probably cost more cause you have to pay the ~$6 admin fee regardless if you reg it for 3 months or 12.

FROSTY
17th June 2004, 09:41
Yea I always thought you should register the driver/rider
not the vehicle.
Register the car/bike once and have regular WOF checks still but it must be the rider that has the appropriate reg fees paid.

James Deuce
17th June 2004, 09:46
Yea I always thought you should register the driver/rider
not the vehicle.
Register the car/bike once and have regular WOF checks still but it must be the rider that has the appropriate reg fees paid.

So simple it must be pure genius - and therefore unlikely to EVER be adopted by ANY government anywhere.

It would actually be quite simple to linked registered owners and registered drivers too.

I'll vote for you.

riffer
17th June 2004, 10:04
Could be solved by an annual driving licence fee.

Of course, that doesn't go along with the "lifetime" licence either.

Oh hang on, we don't do that anymore do we.

My $0.02 anyway. We should pay an annual driving licence fee for each category we have.

Omega1
17th June 2004, 10:08
Yay!! but Bugger!!
I have just renewed my rego on the Seven!!!!!

merv
17th June 2004, 11:31
Here's the low down on the ACC website and yeah they are reducing the levy on my cars too, yippee http://www.acc.org.nz/productslevies/news/acc-motor-vehicle-levy-changes-from-1-july-2004/

What I haven't found yet is a schedule for the total rego cost as nothing seems to be on the LTSA site for that.

Deano
17th June 2004, 12:13
Doesn't work like that. You have to pay from the date your rego expires no matter when you register it. You could degreister it for a month, but that is probably getting a bit excessive and would definately cost more money.

Only way to do it is to register it for 3 months and then after 3 months you will start to save money. Although that still will probably cost more cause you have to pay the ~$6 admin fee regardless if you reg it for 3 months or 12.

Yep, just checked with the LTSA (what lovely hold music they have - Irish accordian ditty) your quite correct K14 - sux though that they won't pro rata the new fee from after the 1 July - thats beuracracy for you. :bash:

Slim
17th June 2004, 12:19
What I haven't found yet is a schedule for the total rego cost as nothing seems to be on the LTSA site for that.
Mmmm. I had a gecko too, but couldn't find it.

It is, however, printed on the registration bill they send you every year, somewhere near the bottom & the total, there's a break down of the cost. If you've got an old one floating around, check it out.

Slim
17th June 2004, 12:24
OMFG!!!!

LTSA are working in the 21st century & you can now re-licence your vehicle on line (with a credit card) and they'll post out the wee licence label! And you can change your address too. :shit:

https://www.ltsatransact.govt.nz/

James Deuce
17th June 2004, 13:17
OMFG!!!!

LTSA are working in the 21st century & you can now re-licence your vehicle on line (with a credit card) and they'll post out the wee licence label! And you can change your address too. :shit:

https://www.ltsatransact.govt.nz/

Ditch the credit card crap. Can you use internet banking?

Slim
17th June 2004, 13:41
Ditch the credit card crap. Can you use internet banking?
It would appear not. Sorry.

Motoracer
17th June 2004, 13:45
Where can I get my online WOF? :cool:

Dr Bob
17th June 2004, 13:53
So simple it must be pure genius - and therefore unlikely to EVER be adopted by ANY government anywhere.

It would actually be quite simple to linked registered owners and registered drivers too.

I'll vote for you.

Unfortunately they would quote some privacy constraint about holding information or connecting systems. Unless the inland revenue are involved, they read your email in the morning before you've scratched your bum.

Antallica
17th June 2004, 14:01
Oh joy, my rego is done on 28/6/04 and it's gonna cost me $275.

FFS!!

Slim
17th June 2004, 14:18
Unfortunately they would quote some privacy constraint about holding information or connecting systems. Unless the inland revenue are involved, they read your email in the morning before you've scratched your bum.
Referring to the LTSA Change Of Address thing I just mentioned a wee while ago ...

That form says that it will change records for your Drivers Licence, all vehicles you own, with this quote:

From LTSA Site
If you have more than six vehicles, the LTSA will use the plate numbers provided above to identify and confirm your customer record. An amendment to the single customer record will apply to all associated vehicles.

Implying that it could be done without too much effort & without any privacy issues.

James Deuce
17th June 2004, 14:42
It would appear not. Sorry.

Hey not your fault! :) I don't use credit cards anymore because even international payments can be done via internet banking. Less chance of adding interest to the purchase if you end up not being able to pay the whole balance at the end of the month.

Big Dog
17th June 2004, 18:20
This is egg Zachary why I only ever get 6 months at a time. That and if you prang a bike with 12 months reg left on it and IF the insurance pays out they don't pay you for your reg, they keep it for themselves.

Slim
24th June 2004, 14:25
Here we go, from my motorcycle registration reminder:

Licence Fee .........$24.50
ACC Levy ............$189.02
Other Levies ........$1.64
Administration ......$6.72
GST ...................$27.74
TOTAL ................$249.60

AND

Motorcyclists got a bigger saving than c@r owners: $22.64 to their $15.09. :D