PDA

View Full Version : RF900 vs Jeep

Macstar
29th August 2006, 20:30
Hey all,

Having owned my RF for just over a month, for a second time tragedy has struck. Yesterday to my horror, I witnessed a woman reverse straight into my recently painted & repaired RF that was parked on the road. I swear she would have kept backing over the bike if I hadn't of run out of the store and screamed at her. At 2 metres in length and nearly 5ft tall with the pack rack, you've got to wonder if she didn't see my bike, how in the hell would she have seen a kid, or a baby in a push chair?

Anyway... Damage: Right front indicator, right mirror, cracked foot peg / rear brake bracket, bent fairing brackets and lots of lovely new scratches all over the fairings, handle bar ends and exhaust.

I am uninsured and trying to remain optimistic on a payout from her company but realise this could be drawn out for a long long time. I want to cover my bases and explore options:

Does anyone have the parts mentioned in used condition i.e. cheaper than new?

*Cheers & I hope your bike does not fall prey to ignorant parking motorists!

**Oh yeah, spells to remove my RF curse / jinx would be much appreciated.

paturoa
29th August 2006, 20:40
mate....condolences

there is an insurnace guy in here somewhere that has a thread to ask insurance questions.

imdying
29th August 2006, 20:49
Unless there are mitigating circumstances that you've neglected to mention, her insurance company will pay out. In my experience, insurance companies don't actually take very long to pay out in cut and dry cases. Of course, many people would tell you different, but I've never had a problem with any company paying me out when there customer was at fault.

Some bitch backed over my ZX6R... I physically held onto her until I was able to ring Kawasaki for a price on a genuine indicator (the only damage), and then didn't let her leave till she gave me the cash. Some would say that was a little heavy handed, but was quite effective IMHO.

Failing an insurance payout, you can of course take her to court. This however is quite unlikely to have to happen, you'll be fine mate. Just ring her insurance company, with her details, and ask them what procedure you should follow. If it's your only transport, you might feel that it's taking a while, but the cogs do turn, even if they appear a little slow for your taste.

JimO
29th August 2006, 21:40
no insurance= tragedy .....you t bone a new merc and you payyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy yyyyyyyyy

Lil_Byte
30th August 2006, 16:58
You need at least 3rd party insurance.

It will cost if you ding someone if you don't:scooter:

sAsLEX
30th August 2006, 17:20
no insurance= tragedy .....you t bone a new merc and you payyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy yyyyyyyyy

its called personal responsibility bit unkown these days aint it.