PDA

View Full Version : Kickaha South Island Cup Rd 3

Kickaha
29th August 2006, 21:20
South Island Cup Rd3

Arrived at the track about 7.30 and got sign in and scrutineering out of the way as soon as I could, I’d had to produce a medical clearance at sign in as it was the first meeting since breaking my ankle a couple of months before hand, luckily my doctor was fairly cooperative in clearing me

Practice came and went in pre82 I went out towards the back and slowly worked my way through the field and in Buckets I went out at the same time as Kevin who was leading the championship by 12 points and we swapped places throughout the session and I came in feeling confident I could at least stick with him

Race 1 Pre82

I hit turn 1 in 6th behind a GSX1100 and chase the pack down to the hairpin where I gain some ground under brakes, I’m right behind the GSX1100 as we make the turn and he outguns me to the right hander where I slip up the inside under brakes and head out after the XJ650, another lap and I’ve got right in behind him, he’s got a bit more grunt down the straight bits but I’m a bit quicker through some of the corners, lap three and we exit the dipper side by side but he pulls away into the sweeper, I ride around the outside of him exiting the sweeper onto the main straight and he pulls back past me down the straight only to have me close down on him under brakes, we hit the fast kink and I carry more speed through it and get a run to the hairpin and pull alongside but can’t make the pass around the outside, though the s bends and as I try to go around the outside of him through the left the back steps out and I just about shit my pants, it gives him enough of a gap that I cant pull him back him before the flag and I run in 4th with Diesel Pig taking the win by a fairly narrow margin

K14 is running late for his race after not putting the sparkplug cap back on his RS125 and has to start from pit lane :lol:

Race 1 Buckets

I duff the start and hit turn 1 5th with 3 other FXR150s and DCs MB/RS in front, I stick it up the inside of Bryan into the infield sweeper and get onto the back of Kevin with TonyMac just in front while DC has fucked right off and left us to it, chasing hard for the next couple of laps I slipstream Kevin down the straight and pass him only to have him take me under brakes at the end, we catch TonyMac and him and Kevin bang elbows for the next few laps, Kevin gets the lead and as we go down the straight TonyMac pulls out to pass, with them two wide and me right behind them I’m getting a awesome draft and pull out and take them both only to have them both come past under brakes at the hairpin and then Bryan takes me back through the infield and I’m demoted to 5th on the run to the flag

Race 2 Pre82

I have a sudden attack of cantbefuckeditis on the line which results in me getting toasted on the start and have 7 bikes in front of me on the first lap, the GSX1100 hold me up for two laps and lets the guys in front pull a gap, I get hard on the gas through the infield sweeper and pull alongside him and out brake him into the right hander and get a big enough gap that he cant nail me down the straight and set off after the other bikes, I get up to the next guy inline and chase him but coming through the s bends I have another moment and loose a couple of bike lengths, I pull him back in over the next couple of laps and are right on his tail as we hit the flag but cant get past in time and come 7th

I’m doing up my leathers and the zip craps out, I head off and borrow some off one of the sidecar guys so I can get out for he next race (Thanks Paul)

Race 2 Buckets

We end up with another line 4 FXR150s long drafting down the straights but I’m just off the pace in this one and when a RG150 comes up the inside and runs me wide at the hairpin and I loose a couple of lengths I have little chance of making it back up and end up watching the front guys that are oh so close but just that little bit to far away for me to haul them back and end up 5th again and pretty much blowing any chance of winning the championship

Race 3 Pre82

Coming into this round I was 3 points off third place in the championship with the XJ650 ahead of me, having beaten me in the previous two races he’s looking good to retain that position but on lap one he pulls off with a suspected broken cam chain , I’m running 5th behind a RD/TZ replica which is showing a good turn of speed and as I follow him around I’m planning where I’ll make the pass, two laps to go and I follow him up to the fast kink where I’ve noticed I get through a bit quicker, I give him a little more gap so I can get a run up and blow past him on the exit and come to the line for another 4th with Diesel Pig taking another win and the championship

Race 3 buckets

Pretty much a repeat of race two, and I spend the whole race about 2-3 bike lengths from the back of the FXR150 group, watching then weaving down the straight trying to shake the guys behind out of the draft and with Kevin who was 12 points clear of me going into this round finishing in front of me I should be in fort 2nd or 3rd in the championship depending on where DC got in the points

K14 takes the LC out for the all in and doesn’t even make a lap before nearly binning it and decides there and then he cant be fucked with this eighties shit and rides slowly back to the pits

Another awesome days racing and good to see a few more of the KB crew out on their bikes giving it a go

Next year the development program for the RD350LC will kick off aimed first at making it handle better and then extracting some more power from it so I can try to run a bit closer to the front

onearmedbandit
29th August 2006, 21:56
Was an awesome day alright Kickaha, caught up with Joni but not yourself. Saw one of your races though in the Pre '82 class.

SDU
30th August 2006, 13:20
Good report K, Glad you got your medical clearance so you were able to get out there & enjoy yourself and hold your position in the standings.

Rashika
30th August 2006, 13:27
nice to see you finally got back on the track kickaha!
Got there for the last couple of races, able to see K14 do his little dirtbike trials on the LC :Punk: and take out the SV 650 on his 125.... beautiful ;)
Missed the rest tho...damn it! next time

Joni
30th August 2006, 13:30
Was a super day... the sun was even shining (to Kicks disgust).

I kept a beady eye on his ankle but it held out great... all I say is I was, as always, real proud :)

dangerous
31st August 2006, 18:27
Ohhh what? Kick... no mention of me being a big girls blouse or a great raving poof or even a simple c@#t for piking out of the last round of the S/I cup, well maybe I wasnt missed after all. :shit:

Hey look, heres the excuse that ya been waiting for, ya see I didnt want to kick ya arse the 1st time back for you after have the bust up foot, figgered I'd hit ya twice as hard next meet... so... when is that anyway :scooter:

Was certanily different watching the few races that I did, never relised we were so loose on post classics and never relised F4 was so bloody slow, butr alas... wasnt the same watching so see ya on the black shit soon. :first: :second: :third:

diesel pig
31st August 2006, 22:58
Was certanily different watching the few races that I did, never relised we were so loose on post classics

What do you mean loose Dangerous?:scratch:

dangerous
1st September 2006, 06:56
What do you mean loose Dangerous?:scratch:

Well from up the top hill, ya can see how the bikes handle... pre 82 bikes are a handfull compaired to the newer bikes, what I was saying is you can see the extra effort going into riding a old shitter, bloody good riding considering the weight and lack of brakes of our bikes. :scooter: