PDA

View Full Version : DVD or tape of Philip Island GP 1989 & 90

F5 Dave
30th August 2006, 17:24
I still regard these as the best races I have ever seen & would love a copy of either or pref both.
Has someone got this on tape or DVD if I was real lucky?

Have done a bunch of searching & can’t find much, although Duke video list it on VHS but will be edited down highlights. Wouldn’t mind Best Bike Gps of Decade DVD that they advertise.

Strangely I found Love Speed & Loss there. Can’t even get it here! Sheesh! So much for NZ films being supported, you would think a local mkt would have some interest?

All their (Duke) VHS & DVD are £15ea + shipping make them pretty damn expensive though.

So if someone has a tape of 89 or 90 I would gladly pay for a copy & freight.:yes:

gav
30th August 2006, 18:52
I have the 1989 500cc race on video, hope you don't mind but its taped in Aussie and has the full channel 9 coverage from the races :yes: , has both 250's and 125's, plenty of interviews and behind the scenes stuff. Some bloke Darrell Eastlake and Barry Sheene as commentators. It hasnt been viewed much, sound might be a bit dodgy but can send the tape to you and you can copy if you like. Think I've got 1990 here somewhere, I'll keep looking.

Smokin
30th August 2006, 18:58
Have a look at these mate,.
Might pay to have a look in his other listings as well.

Clicky (http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/Motorbikes/Parts-accessories/Other/auction-68166704.htm)

Ghost Lemur
30th August 2006, 19:24
Damn Gav, any chance of getting your collection digitised for "offsite backup".

gav
30th August 2006, 22:08
Just found this, back to the golden days of 1983! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9AT2-5dc44c&mode=related&search=

nudemetalz
31st August 2006, 08:15
I'm fairly sure I have both. If you're still unable to optain a copy let me know and I'll hunt it down.

Mick Doohan and Wayne Gardner at Phil Island is AWESOME !!

James Deuce
31st August 2006, 08:17
The broken fairing race is my favourite.

nudemetalz
31st August 2006, 09:13
When I was a young lad and used to ride around on my Gixxer 400 I used to drink Pepsi just 'cause I thought Kevin Schwantz was the bee-kness on his Pepsi RGV-500.
Is that advertising working, huh?

(actually he still IS awesome !!).

F5 Dave
31st August 2006, 09:22
Gav, You're the man! I'll send a PM.

Jim that would be 90. There was no way Gardner was going to win that race again, it just couldn't happen. Nobody told Gardner that though. While Rainey was the perfect racer like Lawson before him & Schwantz was the most raw talent on a stick -Gardner just had the biggest balls & tried the hardest.:yes:

Superweetard
31st August 2006, 09:31
Hi Guy's ,Duke DVD are releasing both on disc this week,if any of you guys want them let me know of numbers & I'll get the boss to put the order in

Mick da Hippie
Motomail

F5 Dave
31st August 2006, 09:35
Hold the phone!

Sorry highlights or the full races?
How much dolaroes?

nudemetalz
31st August 2006, 09:46
Gav, You're the man! I'll send a PM.

Jim that would be 90. There was no way Gardner was going to win that race again, it just couldn't happen. Nobody told Gardner that though. While Rainey was the perfect racer like Lawson before him & Schwantz was the most raw talent on a stick -Gardner just had the biggest balls & tried the hardest.:yes:

What year is the one where Gardiner passed Doohan at turn one at Phillip Island and half way through the corner turned around and waved to him?
I think that was 1989 wasn't it?

F5 Dave
31st August 2006, 10:54
um I haven't seen it since 1989!

Superweetard
31st August 2006, 11:14
Hold the phone!

Sorry highlights or the full races?
How much dolaroes?

60 min long,not sure of price yet poss....$39 like most of the others

nudemetalz
31st August 2006, 12:08
um I haven't seen it since 1989!

I'm intrigued now....going to find and put the tape on when I get home tonight.

Ghost Lemur
31st August 2006, 13:02
When the hell are Dorna going to get their act together and start releasing complete seasons with full races (plus extras) as dvd sets?

Some of us want to be able to relive the whole season as it was, not just view the parts some editor/producer thinks were important.