PDA

View Full Version : Where to get a Pack Rack made?

YogiB
31st August 2006, 15:36
I ride a Yamaha SR250 (first bike) and recently bought a Givi box off a friend. I'm wanting to get a removable pack rack made to attach it to and one that ideally wont ruin the look of the bike when I take it off. :ride:

I haven't had much luck talking with the local bike shops, as they say its an unusual request. As its my only transport I need it for carrying stuff.

I thought of finding a rack from a wreckers and taking it to an engineer, but its such a small job, its hard to find someone who will do it and not charge the earth :shit:

Anyone got any ideas?

Cheers
Josh

Lou Girardin
31st August 2006, 16:20
Why not just buy a Givi monorack?

FROSTY
31st August 2006, 16:34
my thought exactyl --or if you're tight fisted like me -and its only light stuff--
Buy a ventura pack rack L bracket set
then get a pad to attach to that

Turtle
31st August 2006, 21:47
Try Dold industries in TeRapa (Hamilton)...They make ventura pak raks & mounts etc...Im sure you could modify one to do the job.

What?
1st September 2006, 06:35
my thought exactyl --or if you're tight fisted like me -and its only light stuff--
Buy a ventura pack rack L bracket set
then get a pad to attach to that

Could do - but the mounting base is the expensive bit, so he may as well just buy the monorack as Lou suggested. I would not be surprised if it cost less than buying a mounting base and modifying something else to hang it off.

Macstar
2nd September 2006, 15:47
My bike came with it. I used to have SRX 400 and to get a pack rack for that I was told to try Manx Manufacturing in Henderson. They can custom build one apparently. I sold the bike before I got one made... Anyway, good luck.

Macstar
2nd September 2006, 15:51
Oh yeah, seems like AMI are going to pay out for the RF. $3500 worth of damage in the end... Am getting quotes for 3rd party insurance!

Anyone use the roller thingees / crash guards that you mount to the frame of your bike? Are they any good? $200 plus installation but could be worth it...