PDA

View Full Version : << Leathers Stretching >>

SixPackBack
31st August 2006, 18:21
Last two seats of leather pants purchased have started out tighter than a snappers arse and ended up after a short period of time baggy as all hell!
It pisses me off.
Pre-stretched..can you get them?...qauntities of cash stop this?

Jantar
31st August 2006, 18:32
My last two sets of leathers have had the opposite problem in that they appear to have shrunk. :innocent:

SixPackBack
31st August 2006, 18:41
My last two sets of leathers have had the opposite problem in that they appear to have shrunk. :innocent:

piled the weight on?
My weight stays the same! last two sets needed surgery to stop them falling off me.

Qkkid
31st August 2006, 18:42
:gob: Stop dieting and eat more and youll be alright:niceone: :bleh:

Jantar
31st August 2006, 18:45
piled the weight on?
My weight stays the same! last two sets needed surgery to stop them falling off me.

That's what my wife reckons. I claim the leather has shrunk. :yes:

SixPackBack
31st August 2006, 18:53
So who here has purchased topline product?...does it still stretch, is it pre-stretched?
Other folk must suffer similar problems!

Maha
31st August 2006, 18:55
piled the weight on?

You're not talking about the studded ones with the oversized cod piece are ya SPB?.....:gob:

SixPackBack
31st August 2006, 19:02
You're not talking about the studded ones with the oversized cod piece are ya SPB?.....:gob:
Sshh..the missus is watchin.

What about your leathers [motorcycle!] Maha Man...any issues?

Maha
31st August 2006, 19:11
Sshh..the missus is watchin.

What about your leathers [motorcycle!] Maha Man...any issues?

Nah snug as thingy in a wotchamacallit, i have REV'IT leather pants and they are great....in saying that, the jacket fits better in summer, guess i have more on under it during winter, go figa?......:done:

avgas
31st August 2006, 19:22
All leather loosens up unfortunatley, its dead skin after all.

You can get leather care products but for the most i think you have to buy a really tight suit to begin with then wait for it to loosen up.

Tried that parmolive stuff....lady on tv stuck her hands in it

Scouse
31st August 2006, 19:54
Last two seats of leather pants purchased have started out tighter than a snappers arse and ended up after a short period of time baggy as all hell!
It pisses me off.
Pre-stretched..can you get them?...qauntities of cash stop this?Go and see Keri at MSW in St Kevins Arcade she is fantastic at customiseing leathers she will prolly charge about $40 to adjust your leathers for you she can also fit bracers to stop them from falling down

Timber020
31st August 2006, 20:16
When you get real angry, afterwards to you find all your clothes in shreds? Is your name david banner, if so I think I know your problem

SixPackBack
31st August 2006, 20:16
Go and see Keri at MSW in St Kevins Arcade she is fantastic at customiseing leathers she will prolly charge about $40 to adjust your leathers for you she can also fit bracers to stop them from falling down

Last set I had where adjusted 3 times, so I sold them when they started to get sloppy again
Next Set.
Just as bad, adjusted once and need it again!
I figure I'm buying Shite or everyone has the same problem.

SuperDave
31st August 2006, 20:27
What brand of gear you got man?
Can't say I've got any experience with leather pants but my one piece suit hasn't shrunk or stretched much at all. It's not the most expensive brand either.

diggydog
31st August 2006, 20:59
It pisses me off.

are they imports, i know of place they sell leathers and made in pakistan.:bye:

SixPackBack
31st August 2006, 21:03
are they imports, i know of place they sell leathers and made in pakistan.:bye:

First pair where from Red Baron [and not that cheap], second pair from the leather shop in Otahuhu

diggydog
31st August 2006, 21:07
First pair where from Red Baron [and not that cheap], second pair from the leather shop in Otahuhu

it's really odd why they have stretched, i would of thought red baron had good gear.i do know that leather has a little give.:rockon:

Blackbird
31st August 2006, 21:13
I think a decent conditioner gives them a bit of elasticity. When leather is dyed, it loses its natural oils and maybe when it stretches, the fibres rupture rather than spring back. I loaded my last leather pants with Sno seal and they've been good for over 12 years. Have just bought a Minotaur suit from Tony Blanchet and I've been rubbing Marinol on them every night to get them a bit more flexible and stretchy. That's the theory at least, but there's a wee bit of science behind it.

We'll soon find out tomorrow night on their proper maiden voyage - a run up to Coromandel in the dark:innocent:

Swoop
31st August 2006, 21:38
If leather is just skin - how about Botox?

Shadows
31st August 2006, 22:05
qauntities of cash stop this?

Of course it will! Stuff your back pockets full of it.

Macktheknife
1st September 2006, 00:34
]I figure I'm buying Shite or everyone has the same problem.[/SIZE][/FONT]

Nah dude its just you! lol
Maybe your arse is expanding when you are riding?
Perhaps it is from those 'oh fuck' moments when your arse clenches and stretches the leather? lol
Just kidding man, try loading them up with sno-seal and see if that restores the elasticity.

awesker
1st September 2006, 00:51
yeah sixpack, ive got the same problem with my shift jacket, in winter i normally wear a jumper under it so it streches it out .. now its like throwing a sausage down a hallway, so to speak .. but i havnt used any products since i bought it .. which might be why.... =/

SixPackBack
1st September 2006, 07:08
yeah sixpack, ive got the same problem with my shift jacket, in winter i normally wear a jumper under it so it streches it out .. now its like throwing a sausage down a hallway, so to speak .. but i havnt used any products since i bought it .. which might be why.... =/

I use leather conditioner regularly, keeps 'em shiny but thats about it!

Fishy
1st September 2006, 07:53
I have found that alpinestars stretched perfectly for me, same with my Rev'It suit. I almost didn't buy the suit as it was so friggin tight I could hardly pick my nose, but after a few long rides it is now perfect.

Firefight
1st September 2006, 08:02
got a 1 peice Tecknic or what ever its called payed pretty good money for it about $1k ish had it 4 years

has neither stretched nor shrunk, been out in all weathers, been absoultely soaked many times, have never applied any "Product " to it ever. seems like it may last a wee bit longer .pretty happy with how its preformed.

F/F

McJim
1st September 2006, 08:04
Rather than trying to buy pre-stretched leathers and paying a shedload of cash whey don't you take your 'Baggy, stretched leathers' and have them altered? Dunno where you live but rumour has it there's a lady in K road does great leather alterations.

Lou Girardin
1st September 2006, 08:11
All leather stretches, but cheap hide is cheap for a reason - it's crap. The more you spend the better the hide. But even 'roo skin stretches, look at the baggy arsed suits on the MotoGp guys.

McJim
1st September 2006, 08:22
All leather stretches, but cheap hide is cheap for a reason - it's crap. The more you spend the better the hide. But even 'roo skin stretches, look at the baggy arsed suits on the MotoGp guys.

Mibbe they should try elephant skin - looks pre stretched to me.

Lou Girardin
1st September 2006, 08:25

I hear Southern Right Whale foreskin is the thing to use.

Maverick
1st September 2006, 08:31

Kangaroo skin is actually one of, if not the strongest leathers in terms of tensile strenght (stretch strength) I have two bullwhips made from it for stunt work and they are great.
It isnt as Tough in terms of abrasion resistance as cow leather though,

I hear Rhino leather is meant to be bloody tough! lol :innocent:

SARGE
1st September 2006, 09:02
It pisses me off.

dude .. next time you buy a set .. shoot them over to me for a few days .. i'll stretch them out for ya ...:doh:

The_Dover
1st September 2006, 09:13
I think you're shrinking mate.

Last time I saw you you could hardly reach teh pegs on that gixxer of yours.

SixPackBack
1st September 2006, 10:10
got a 1 peice Tecknic or what ever its called payed pretty good money for it about $1k ish had it 4 years

has neither stretched nor shrunk, been out in all weathers, been absoultely soaked many times, have never applied any "Product " to it ever. seems like it may last a wee bit longer .pretty happy with how its preformed.

F/F

Yup!..thats the answer I was lookin' for

Last time I saw you you could hardly reach teh pegs on that gixxer of yours.

Shrinkin' you say!...get any smaller I'll dissapear up me own arsehole

HDTboy
1st September 2006, 14:07
Your arse is fluctuating in size, huh? Crazy shit

SixPackBack
2nd September 2006, 07:44
Your arse is fluctuating in size, huh? Crazy shit

MRs SPB sez my arse is just fine..better than most.

The waist and knees in particular seem to 'blow out'