PDA

View Full Version : IT'S SPRING !!! Break out the summer riding gear

MD
1st September 2006, 07:29
Well it's been a long cold, dark & wet winter. But what would you know, first of Spring and it's a beaut day.:sunny: :sunny: :Punk: The world feels a better place. Birds are singing, flowers are growing and the roads are dry.. and I've got a long day of work ahead. bloody hell, not fair.

Sniper
1st September 2006, 08:07
Amen

Ixion
1st September 2006, 08:12
I was just thinking the other day what a mild winter it had been. Second year running I haven't used my winter gloves, I don't think I'll buy any more winter weight gear.

James Deuce
1st September 2006, 08:14
You couldn't possibly rewrite that to remove the word "break" could you?

ogr1
1st September 2006, 08:16
Ahhhhhhhhh! summer, tis the summer rainy season here in the UK, another month and winter will be upon us :crybaby: :crybaby: :crybaby:

Quasievil
1st September 2006, 08:30
I couldnt resist had to bring the Ducati into work this morning, went the long way of course, only half an hour late, but thats okay, trouble is all I can see now is great weather and a ducati parked outside my window, why did I do that to myself, tis like freckin torture!!!

Motu
1st September 2006, 08:43
I've been seeing some nice bikes all loaded up going past my door this morning - off for a weekend of fun at the Cold Kiwi.I hope they have a good time,it doesn't worry me that I'm stuck here and can't join them,not at all it doesn'tworrymeonefuckingbitjustgoandrideyourbikeyo uarseholesandleavingmehereworkingalldayyoufuckinga rseholes!!!!!!!

Wasp
1st September 2006, 08:49
Oh What A Beautiful Mornin, Oh What A Beautiful Day........

Sparky Bills
1st September 2006, 08:58
Feels soo much better to wear leather on the bike!
Funny how the weather has changed from shit to good so fast. Although, im sure its just toying with us:angry:

Ill enjoy it while i can:rockon:

sAsLEX
1st September 2006, 09:14
Whats this "summer" riding gear you speak of?!

I have one set.

Leather in summer, just a bit warmer than when in winter.

skelstar
1st September 2006, 09:21
Hows that commute going for you SB? P Hill still closed....thinking of ya buddy :).

tracyprier
1st September 2006, 11:37
Indeed :) almost time to start removing the thermal liners.

On the subject of summer gear, I am surprised at the lack of locally available "mesh" gear. I think Motomail do one jacket and that's it yet hop on the old internet and check out sites in the USA and there is an absolute ton of the stuff, jackets and pants.

I know that last summer there were times when I almost melted in my leathers and the fabric gear even without the liners is even worse.

It just surprises a bit that more bike shops haven't started selling more of this type of gear. Comments from those who work in the industry ???

Cheers
Tracy

James Deuce
1st September 2006, 12:02
Move to Wellington. Sawyers/Motorad sell about three different brands of Mesh gear. Dririder, Shift, and something else.

Lil_Byte
1st September 2006, 13:49
If someone could just get rid of all the grit on some of the shade corners around the place:scooter:

James Deuce
1st September 2006, 17:42
You own a broom don't you?