PDA

View Full Version : 2006 Fathers Day Drags

SlashWylde
3rd September 2006, 19:23
A few interesting bikes there today.

I particularly like the one of father and son astride the chopper. That's a cool dad right there! :rockon:

SlashWylde
3rd September 2006, 19:29
And a few more...

Macktheknife
3rd September 2006, 20:12
Thanks for the pics slash, where was this held?
I presume its an annual event right?

SlashWylde
3rd September 2006, 20:18
Thanks for the pics slash, where was this held?
I presume its an annual event right?

Sure is. Held every Fathers Day at Champion Dragway, Meremere.

Got some nice pics of teh cars runnin the 1/4 mile too, but I'm thinkin folks round here wouldn't appreciate 'em much :msn-wink:

07fatboy
3rd September 2006, 20:35
the ole chopper thingy looks the part mate....awesome:yes:

duckaddict
3rd September 2006, 22:13
Got some nice pics of teh cars runnin the 1/4 mile too, but I'm thinkin folks round here wouldn't appreciate 'em much :msn-wink:

I say ppl would make exceptions, so go on :shifty:

Waylander
3rd September 2006, 22:27
Hogs and Cruisers Spank doesn't usually care what we get up to in here being one of the more behaved groups on KB so go ahead and post them mate.

Dooly
4th September 2006, 10:34
Post the pics, I love the drags.

SlashWylde
4th September 2006, 20:32
Righto then...

SlashWylde
4th September 2006, 20:38
And the next lot...

There were two of these new Crysler 300C SRT8's at the track. One black, one silver. They were running times in the mid 13's

SlashWylde
4th September 2006, 21:05
Smokin'...

oldguy
4th September 2006, 21:07
yea love the Fathers Day drags, would take the Brocky, cruz down have abit of fun on the track, was never going to win any races, but a good burnout and lots of noise and that pleased most, then cruz home.
Forgot all about it this year, had been planning the Cold Kiwi Rally so had forgotten about it, would have call in for a look if I had remmebered

SlashWylde
4th September 2006, 21:11
Here's a good run:

SlashWylde
4th September 2006, 21:18
Last of all...

I took about 250 photo's in all yesterday. Quite a few from burst mode to capture the moment during burnouts and take offs. There was an off road meet on the dirt track behind the hill which looked like fun. All in all a really great day,

I really enjoyed the atmosphere and the sound of all those beautiful V8's rumbling, gurgling and clattering away in their own inimitable fashion, so I'm lookin forward to goin to more meets this summer. Especially when bikes are running

I'll be sure to take lots more photo's of bikes and I'll post the best of them up on KB.

duckaddict
4th September 2006, 21:30
hmm... no funny cars?

SlashWylde
4th September 2006, 21:48
No. I think they were outside the scope of the event, tho they sometimes have demonstration runs from the Funny car and pro/semi-pro racers.