PDA

View Full Version : Replace the OEM headlight or how to convert what I have to H4 ?

Cobalt
3rd September 2006, 23:30
Hi Folks I am trying to find a replacement headlight for a GN250 something that will replace to full headlight housing as I want to replace the old bulb and use an H4 I have looked online but Nothing that will fit a GN 250 dose any one Know what I could use to replace the OEM headlight or how to convert what I have to H4 ?

any online web sites In New zealand would be helpful to

Thanks for any help

Warr
4th September 2006, 01:20
With a pair of tin-snips can modify the bulb if you are keen :)

Skytwr
4th September 2006, 09:07
Is it the 7 inch round headlamp? if so then Hella and Narva both do a complete insert that can replace the sealed 7inch headlamp that can take the H4 range of globes. I have done heaps of the conversions, no probs and with the new h4 globes you get a better light pattern and good range of light to ride with,

Cobalt
4th September 2006, 11:06
I Hey guys I have looked at changing the sealed beam part the reflector and glass but it has a ring fitting on the back of the reflector that holds the outer chrome ring in place skytwr you say you have done heaps of conversions so can you tell me if The GN 250 Will handle a 55/60 watt H4 ok and what the part number for the Hella or Narva complete insert is ? sorry to ask all the silly questions I’m worried I’ll cock it up

Thanks for any help

Is it the 7 inch round headlamp? if so then Hella and Narva both do a complete insert that can replace the sealed 7inch headlamp that can take the H4 range of globes. I have done heaps of the conversions, no probs and with the new h4 globes you get a better light pattern and good range of light to ride with,

MikeyG
4th September 2006, 14:34

Do you know the parts numbers for that swap. I was looking at the same thing but it didn't look like it would fit.

Skytwr
4th September 2006, 18:54
The Hella part number is 1058. This is a 7inch semi sealed replacement headlamp to fit any vehicle that has sealed beam headlamps. I would recommend the latest zennon globes as they give the best light output with no extrea current draw, a must for bikes. the standard 12v 55w/60 globe nowdays puts out more light than previous globes,
Hella parts can be brought at most auto supply shops or see a auto sparky.

hope this helps

http://www.hella.co.nz

Cobalt
4th September 2006, 22:52
On the one I have it has fittings on the back of the reflector that holds the outer chrome ring in place and lets you adjust left angle of the beam it If you look at the others they dont have this so how dose it hold sealed beam in place ? ?

Ixion
4th September 2006, 23:03
Thanks for the Hella link. Do you know if anyone does a replacement sealed or semisealed beam in 8 inch nowdays?

Motig
5th September 2006, 11:08
How about trying repco ? Just take yours down and see if they have something the same or similar.

Skytwr
5th September 2006, 11:26
check this site
http://www.alpha-sports.com/suzuki_parts.htm

It has a listing on the headlamps as well as a range of other suzuke models.

It shows the head lamp as a standard 7 inch round in a housing. It looks like it will just be able to be replaced with an updated unit.
Does yours look the same? If so you should just be able to change the globe to the latest H4 with out replacing the whole unit.PM me if you want.

Fub@r
5th September 2006, 23:05
Hey Cobalt can you let me know how the conversion goes and if there is a significant improvment in the headlight beam. Past couple of days I have been heading home later than usual and I have realised how pathetic the headlight is. When on fullbeam I have less visibility than dipped.........

Cobalt
6th September 2006, 07:51
I dont know if this will help but this what the back looks like and the fittings on the back of the sealed beam

http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k8/Cobalt_nz/GN250Headlight.jpg

FROSTY
6th September 2006, 20:17
peel the rubber boot there back--Look in behind there

Cobalt
6th September 2006, 22:37
I have looked behind the boot its the old type bulb fitting I need one that takes H4

peel the rubber boot there back--Look in behind there

FROSTY
20th September 2006, 10:31
mate --if its the old/traditional bulb fitting its exactly the same as an H4 bulb