PDA

View Full Version : A Bit of Sport

m99dws
4th September 2006, 07:26
I'll be arriving in Wellington in a few weeks, and looking to use this as an opportunity to get fit again. Does anyone have an opening for an open side flanker in a local rugby team?

I haven't played for about 4 years but still love the game. I'd even look for a place to turn up and train if no games available.

Cheers

Mike

James Deuce
4th September 2006, 08:06
Spend a year in the Gym mate, or you'll get hurt.

m99dws
4th September 2006, 09:35
At 16 stone I'll take my chances :laugh:

James Deuce
4th September 2006, 09:37
You might be in for a shock. I work with a chap, similarly confident, similar weight (not fat I might add).

First game in four years and he hasn't been back to work for two months. Separated shoulder, broken collar bone, cracked sternum, bruised lung.

u4ea
4th September 2006, 09:45

um and we eat Weetbix over here ...........may i suggest about 8 every morning for you...............thatll be good start...........:niceone: :rofl: :rofl:

o and Marmite ................

m99dws
4th September 2006, 10:05
Ok, I'll admit I like pain, so show me the game :yes:

Deano
4th September 2006, 10:26
Ok, I'll admit I like pain, so show me the game :yes:

Pex Adams and Fatjim play thugby - PM them maybe ?

m99dws
4th September 2006, 10:28
Cool, will do.

Cheers

Deano
4th September 2006, 10:38
Oh - and the Welly Crew meet every Thursday night at Breakers bar, High St Lower Hutt.

Downstairs used to be the Grumpy Mole, but is being revamped (about time too)

Look forward to meeting you.

soundbeltfarm
4th September 2006, 18:26
Bit late mate.

The season for most club stuff is all finished here for this season.

soundbeltfarm
4th September 2006, 18:33

SIze is nothing here mate, 16 stone is only about 100 kg isnt it?

get semi fit first.
wait till pre season team training starts and you'll be sweet.

Hope you enjoy rugby here though
it good way to meet people.

m99dws
4th September 2006, 19:22
Oh - and the Welly Crew meet every Thursday night at Breakers bar, High St Lower Hutt.

Downstairs used to be the Grumpy Mole, but is being revamped (about time too)

Look forward to meeting you.

I'll be in touch when I arrive, hopefully get out for a few beers.

SIze is nothing here mate, 16 stone is only about 100 kg isnt it?

get semi fit first.
wait till pre season team training starts and you'll be sweet.

Hope you enjoy rugby here though
it good way to meet people.

Do you have any out-of-season training? I need something structured for motivation as I'll just spend all night with beer in my hand as I do now :apint:

I'm looking forward to getting there, meeting some people and (eventually) clocking up some mileage on a new bike! :scooter:

Colapop
4th September 2006, 19:26
16 stone?? Shit you'd best get training - you'll get eaten alive. Where are you gonna live? What level do you plan on playing? Are you going to play for or against? We have what's called 80/80 grade for the smaller chaps, that may be a good place to start...

James Deuce
4th September 2006, 19:29
Geez Col, I was trying to hint that without actually saying it.

Colapop
4th September 2006, 19:31
Ok a serious reply. Rowing. If you want to get fit rowing is the thing. You'll be strong and fit at the start of the season. There's gym work and touch rugby. We have a couple of grid iron teams here too.

Jim - you know I struggle with what to do with the size challenged!

m99dws
5th September 2006, 01:26
16 stone?? Shit you'd best get training - you'll get eaten alive. Where are you gonna live? What level do you plan on playing? Are you going to play for or against? We have what's called 80/80 grade for the smaller chaps, that may be a good place to start...

I'm just an amateur. I enjoyed spending a saturday afternoon hitting and being hit, then the following hours in the rugby club drinking beers with those you've initiated violent actions with.

I'm aware I wouldn't last long playing against juniors at present, so I'll be looking to train to get back into the game. No place better than the home of the All Blacks.