PDA

View Full Version : I'm a sad bastard - forgive me?

Biff
4th September 2006, 17:41
"Happy fathers day", yelled the kids at stupid o' clock yesterday morning. Normally I would have growled at them, but they'd cooked me breakfast in bed (with the help of Mrs Biff), so I didn't.

"You can do whatever you want today and I wont whinge", said Mrs Biff.

Hmmm - thinks I. What shall I do? Something selfish for a change.

Ride the bike?
Golf?
Play on the computer?
Watch prawn?
Beat the kids?

Believe it or not I did none of these - I decided to mow the fkin lawn. Then clean the car, then play some games on the PC, then ride the bike for a couple of hours (greta valley).

What the fk is happening to me? There was a time that on a given bootyful day (as it was her yesterday) I'd jump at the chance of riding my bike all day before mowing the fkin lawn.

yungatart
4th September 2006, 17:46
You've got MSTRS for company - he did the garden, pruned for Africa, mowed the lawn, went with me to the garden shop, planted things in the garden and waterblasted all the pavers etc. He got roast lamb with all the trimmings and mint sauce for his dinner tho... Fathers Day.. Bah, humbug!

Dafe
4th September 2006, 17:47
Thats not on mate....

Sounds like you seriously need a new bike dude!

Mom
4th September 2006, 17:49
You are forgiven...anyone that uses "stupid o'clock" is all good in my book..
I am going to borrow it as my personal favorite of "wine o'clock" is a bit tired now...

Skyryder
4th September 2006, 18:38
I was going to go for a ride but washed down the driveway instead. It's what happens when you get confused as an adult trying to not to remember that you've grown up. Responsibilities kick in.............bumer.

Skyryder

McJim
4th September 2006, 18:53
I did 'Ride the bike' first thing in the morning. Then I washed both cars - took photos of the bastards to sell them on tardme and then mowed the fkn lawn.

Wanna buy FTO or Odyssey speak to me.

imdying
4th September 2006, 19:07
I'd rep your avatar, but something about spreading it about :lol:

Hellraiser
4th September 2006, 19:25
"You can do whatever you want today and I wont whinge", said Mrs Biff.

No it's called knowing your wife ......... lol

Translation Do what ever you want and i wont whinge but i will also NEVER forget how selfish you were on fathers day.

McJim
4th September 2006, 20:02
No it's called knowing your wife ......... lol

Translation Do what ever you want and i wont whinge but i will also NEVER forget how selfish you were on fathers day.

FFS Hellraiser - how many times you been married? You know the score far too well!

scumdog
5th September 2006, 00:13
"Happy fathers day", yelled the kids at stupid o' clock yesterday morning. Normally I would have growled at them, but they'd cooked me breakfast in bed (with the help of Mrs Biff), so I didn't.

Well at least you little bastards remembered it WAS Fathers Day!!

Hawkeye
5th September 2006, 06:45
Yeh! Know where your coming from. Got back from staying overnight at friends. Son 17 disappears into his bedroom to play on his guitar. Son 14 sits on the playstation. Miss 7 fires up the computer. Mum gets the magazine out and I end up cutting the lawns and washing the cars.
I did manage to get on the bike for 10 mins because we needed milk so nipped down to the dairy.:mellow:

Motu
5th September 2006, 08:02
I had the TLR200 loaded in my van,and all the kit needed to ride in the Father's Day Trial,and was heading up to Mercer.....My licence expired some time ago,but that's ok,I was just going to get a day licence for the trial..... My club membership has also expired,no problem,who cares.....But the MNZ Steward would have to do the day licence,and he knows my club membership has expired.Oh,we could of done a club membership on the spot and promise to pay next club night,or he could of said I can't ride - I didn't want to cause anyone such drama by my lack of preparation,so very depressed I turned around and went home.

When I got home and told my wife why I was back early she tore a strip off me.I said I didn't renew my membership because money was a bit tight then,she said being a bit strapped for cash didn't mean I couldn't ride my bikes,there are priorities in life,and bikes are mine.Good grief,all competition licences are done in Huntly,is something hard about that? I can walk there.

Then I repaired a leaking tap,cured the leak,but now the tap washer leaked.And it's not an ordinary tap washer because I have heaps of them...my mother used to make tap washers after all...It has an O ring for a tap washer,and I don't have one in my small collection - so we had a running tap until I fixed it last night with my big collection of O rings.

But we had a big gardening day,weeding and digging,planted heaps of seedings we had lying around.And sad thing for a tree hugging hippy,I cut down a nice tree.It was in front of a window,and you needed the light on during the day,so it had to go.I did it the hard way,with an axe....That was good therapy for the frustration of the morning.

Flyingpony
5th September 2006, 09:59
Did some painting, drilled a few holes in some wood and hammered in a handful of nails. Adjusted the chain oiler on the bike (got my hands dirty :woohoo:) and filled up its oil bottle. Ate a muffin, cake and chocolate self-sausing pudding for dinner (I baked the pudding).
It was a stay at home day.

Beemer
5th September 2006, 10:01
My husband wasn't much different - he cleaned our car, cleaned his boss's bike (he'd lent it to him to take to the Cold Kiwi), and he vacuumed the whole house for me because I've got a sore shoulder! Then he went for a ride that afternoon - but as he had the day off on Monday, he left the lawns until the following day!

Biff
6th September 2006, 23:53
Well at least you little bastards remembered it WAS Fathers Day!!

Sorry dad.
Next year I promise.