PDA

View Full Version : Waylander's new rocketship

Sniper
4th September 2006, 17:47
I picked up Waylanders new bike this Sat. Im not a cruiser fan at all, but I think I might have maybe had a wee bit of enjoyment out of riding it home.

Waylander will post up the story soon enough.

crashe
4th September 2006, 17:51
Nice bike......
:scooter:

SARGE
4th September 2006, 17:54
I picked up Waylanders new bike this Sat. Im not a cruiser fan at all, but I think I might have maybe had a wee bit of enjoyment out of riding it home.

Waylander will post up the story soon enough.

mate .. VMax's are not cruisers .. those things are faster than shit ..

good work young man..

Sniper
4th September 2006, 18:11
A couple more piccies

JimO
4th September 2006, 18:23
i like the boots you are wearing in the last pic......i have a pair exzacery the same

Edbear
4th September 2006, 19:11
Apparently, if you spend some serious money, they can even be made to go around corners...:yes:

Colapop
4th September 2006, 19:22
The sun hasn't come up properly down there yet has it?:gob: Whitey.

That Texan has a damn fine hoss there...

Sniper
4th September 2006, 19:30
Bloody removed it cause you folks make fun of me :bleh:

Mr. Peanut
4th September 2006, 19:33
Did I see that thing going through Thames today?

McJim
4th September 2006, 19:34
Never seen one of those before - looks like the riding position is almost sensible...i.e. footpegs aren't at the front of the bike.

Edbear
4th September 2006, 19:37
Never seen one of those before - looks like the riding position is almost sensible...i.e. footpegs aren't at the front of the bike.

Where you been Big Mac? It's a Yamaha V-Max, the Chevvy V8 of motorcycles. Huge respect for it's straight line ability, not so much for its cornering.

Colapop
4th September 2006, 19:39
Come on Whitey - lets see that great Chester White (http://www.ansi.okstate.edu/breeds/swine/) again...

07fatboy
4th September 2006, 20:31
Come on Whitey - lets see that great Chester White (http://www.ansi.okstate.edu/breeds/swine/) again...

why did i click on that post

kiwifruit
4th September 2006, 20:39
gotta be one of the best bikes in that configuration, congrats waylander

Sniper
4th September 2006, 20:52
Did I see that thing going through Thames today?

I highly doubt it

You calling me fat?

why did i click on that post

Cause it from Cola

marty
4th September 2006, 21:01
that aint no virago...

Waylander
4th September 2006, 22:11
OK!!! Now that my net connection is behaving I can post. lol

Been working on a new bike for a while now and since deciding that any one of the few sportsbikes I like would be too exphensive and also having wrecked my Virago so that it will take time to repair before I can ride it again. I got on trademe and started looking for bikes. This very one caught my eye first and I have been struggeling through interest company loan applications constant denials from one bank after the other. Then armed with my newly aqquired Carter Holt Harvey staff discount card I went to WEstpac and got me a loan.

Now I have a new bike, helmet and leathers on the way (assuming Tony can find a set for my measurements...)

Only thing left to do is retrive my bike from Sniper's place.

He has been a good mate and fellow biker through all of this, from checking the bike out for me initially to helping me book my ferry ticket and offering me a place to stay for the days I am in Chch. So give that guy some massive props and bling!!

So on the 15th of this month I fly out to my new steed!! It's gonna be a long bloddy two weeks.

Cheers for the photos aswell Sniper!

Waylander
4th September 2006, 22:14
Also got some blingy bits for it courtesy of another local Vmax rider.

He gave me a chin spoiler for it and I am also buying a radiator gaurd and these http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=68845963

DMNTD
4th September 2006, 22:15
Dude...that's one cool freckin' bike man.
Enjoy,but hey that's obvious!

Motu
4th September 2006, 23:46
Good one....take your time with it,but you're gunna enjoy that beast.Like a lot of Yamaha's it's been in production a long time - one of the reasons I like Yamaha,they don't dump a model after 6 months because sales were down 2%,there is a continuity.I've ridden one,wiv a kit of some sort in it - like a rabib doberman with a turps rag tied to it's bum....it's something one could get adicted to if you weren't carefull.Don't let them tell you they don't handle,I felt more confidant in corners than some hyperbike with my arse in the air and my feet behind me.Enjoy....at your leasure.

Colapop
5th September 2006, 06:32
Hey Waylander - you make sure you have a little stoppie in Welly on your way through... coffee, beer - we even have cookies!

Zed
5th September 2006, 07:41
Now I have a new bike, helmet and leathers on the way...Good stuff, you've been bikeless for a while now so you'll be itching to get back onto two wheels no doubt! Never ridden a V-Max myself but I have had a long chat with one owner imparticular who only raved about it, they are real mean looking bikes..in a good way! Enjoy man. :Punk:

Matt Bleck
5th September 2006, 08:35
Try 'n keep this one out of the ditch aye.

Warr
5th September 2006, 08:53
Looks a great machine there mate. Hope it scares you enough for you to respect it for a looooong time !!:2thumbsup

Waylander
5th September 2006, 17:47
Hey Waylander - you make sure you have a little stoppie in Welly on your way through... coffee, beer - we even have cookies!
Already planned just nothing official, depends on how much money I have left when I get there weather I'll try to orginize a meet up. PLanning to be in Welly sunday arvo to tuesday morning.

Havn't been bikeless so to speak Zed as the Virago is in the Garage and still runs sweet as, just has trouble starting and backfires comming downhill.

R4Q2, yea think I'm gonna stick to cruising on this bike and save the speed for the drags.

DingDong
5th September 2006, 17:56
Korn!.................................it's ON! (when we going drag racing)

Good stuff J, just in time for the Okoroire run... so you better save some pinga's for gas huh?

Waylander
5th September 2006, 17:58
Korn!.................................it's ON! (when we going drag racing)

Good stuff J, just in time for the Okoroire run... so you better save some pinga's for gas huh?
Not spending bugger all cash on anything but bills and gas for the *cough* cage from now till then. Have your ride here then my ride in Auckland the week after. Can you tell I'm excited? lol

And you tryin to make fun of my signiture?

saul
5th September 2006, 18:04
Not spending bugger all cash on anything but bills and gas for the *cough* cage from now till then. Have your ride here then my ride in Auckland the week after. Can you tell I'm excited? lol

Hi J

Nice looking machine mate, look forward to hearing it and seeing you on it:scooter: :Punk:

Cheers

DingDong
5th September 2006, 18:05

I'm not allowed to go on your ride:bye: maybe I'll just crash it:rockon:

I'll remove the cheeky sig when you show up on a Vmax in as gooda condition as snipers' photos... no dings or missing pipes:yes:

Waylander
5th September 2006, 18:07
Lol for all those wanting to hear how it sounds. It's really quiet. Good rumble from the engine though but exhaust note is quiet as. Till I can get some custom ones made up.

And Wayne, you're telling me I have to look at that for the next week and a half? Should also warn you it has a few minor dings in the exhaust already.

outlawtorn
7th September 2006, 11:36
Hey Waylander, well done on the bike dude, looks really nice, I've always liked a Vmax, nice looking bikes.

Heres to many happy miles.....:yes:

Macktheknife
7th September 2006, 12:25
mate .. VMax's are not cruisers .. those things are faster than shit ..

What he said....
More of a muscle bike really, bloody quick bikes though.
Congrats on the new bike anyway mate, keep this one the right way up huh? lol
Enjoy your new ride man, look forward to catching up when you're in town.

SARGE
7th September 2006, 16:24
ooooooo... and the frames are already tied too... bonus points ..

Sniper
7th September 2006, 16:28
Lol for all those wanting to hear how it sounds. It's really quiet. Good rumble from the engine though but exhaust note is quiet as. Till I can get some custom ones made up.

I'll see if I can get a recording tonight and post it for you dude.

kro
7th September 2006, 20:18
I LOVE V-max's, they are just a timeless beast of a bike. Cherry ride Waylander, you won't be able to ride anything else after this, it will make anything else seem feeble.

Edbear
7th September 2006, 20:24
R4Q2, yea think I'm gonna stick to cruising on this bike and save the speed for the drags.

Ummm! You haven't ridden it yet? Just wait 'til you "feel the power!" I defy you to just "cruise"! It will become very addictive very quickly...:yes:

Warr
7th September 2006, 20:36
Ummm! You haven't ridden it yet? Just wait 'til you "feel the power!" I defy you to just "cruise"! It will become very addictive very quickly...:yes:
Watch the 80kph areas around Kaikura....

terbang
7th September 2006, 20:52
Allways loved those V max. Rode one a few years back and it was just bloody awesome. Enjoy..

Waylander
7th September 2006, 21:33

Lol I've riden fast before on a R1 so I'm quite capable of resisting the pull...

Till I try and follow Idrumm, Dingdong or 2much.