PDA

View Full Version : Jimmie has left the building

Silage
4th September 2006, 21:32
What with all the various spellings of James in here I decided that I needed a new name - and one that isn't a (common) name. So Jimmie is no longer and it was only my middle name anyhow and that was confusing for those who knew my called name.

I've thought about Silage for a while. It represents something that ages well, one could say matures and continues to improve. Then there is the fine aroma.

So, as they say, smell you around...

SwanTiger
4th September 2006, 22:02
Jimmie who?

metric
4th September 2006, 22:04
good on ya mate.

Maha
4th September 2006, 22:05
Jimmie who?

Jimmie nee cricket..........i think?....:done:

cowpoos
4th September 2006, 22:28
I've thought about Silage for a while. It represents something that ages well, one could say matures and continues to improve. Then there is the fine aroma.

preserved grass.....hmmm

first....it doesn't acctually agethat well as some air always gets in so there will be a ever growing layer of slimmy fungus shit on the top rotting....it degrades over time...not very fast mind....but it does....and the smells a personal prefference thing i suppose...bit like my farts really....

Motu
5th September 2006, 08:28
Jim,he's dead....

sels1
5th September 2006, 08:35
Jim,he's dead....

Silage? its life, Jim, but not as we know it

McJim
5th September 2006, 08:45
Yeah - I'm toying with the idea of dropping "Big" from my KB Name.

I'm not that big in stature and the big it refers to ...well...lets just say none of you fellas will ever find out.

cowpoos
5th September 2006, 10:06

I'm not that big in stature and the big it refers to ...well...lets just say none of you fellas will ever find out.
are you fat?

McJim
5th September 2006, 10:08
are you fat?

Just over 6 foot tall and weigh 89kg. In fact see profile piccie and you decide.

Are you fat?

cowpoos
5th September 2006, 10:23
Just over 6 foot tall and weigh 89kg. In fact see profile piccie and you decide.

Are you fat?
nope I'm not fat either......maybe you just got a fat ego like me?

McJim
5th September 2006, 10:52
nope I'm not fat either......maybe you just got a fat ego like me?

Got a big fat ego in respect of the stuff I've been doing for decades but am a noob on a bike and admit it - lots to learn - humility, attention and respect for the experienced ones - that's me on a bike.

Silage
5th September 2006, 13:05
first....it doesn't acctually age that well as some air always gets in so there will be a ever growing layer of slimmy fungus shit on the top rotting....it degrades over time...not very fast mind....but it does....and the smells a personal prefference thing i suppose...bit like my farts really....

I didn't know that you knew me that well. But with a name like Cowpoos I guess we might have something in common.

I have some mixed memories of making silage. My Dad got a forage harvester in the '60s when we farmed in Marlborough. So from that era there are the mown grass smells, the growing stack of silage, tractor rolling it down, sticking your hand into it the next day and almost burning yourself, and the black gunk that ran out the bottom. Then there was the feeding out routine of trying to disentangle it with pitch forks and loading up a trailer - the neighbour used a chainsaw! And then in Morrinsville I almost rolled a tractor off a stack when flattening it down.

Silage is good stuff even if it does get a bit crusty on the outside.

Skyryder
5th September 2006, 19:21
Silage??:gob: . Comes out as dung. :bye:

Skyryder

miSTa
5th September 2006, 21:18
Silage, mmmmmm, interesting choice, hope you're thick skinned ;)

You been a bit busy lately, you've been rather quiet?

SDU
6th September 2006, 13:08
Where have you been? We missed you at Harringtons when Scummy was here.
Will sniff you around soon.:innocent:

Patrick
6th September 2006, 13:13

EGO??????? Wallet, perhaps?????

Silage
6th September 2006, 13:40
Where have you been? We missed you at Harringtons when Scummy was here.
Will sniff you around soon.:innocent:

Nice to be missed and I have met Scummy ...

But that was not the reason as we had planned a trip to the chunk of dirt we have inland of Geraldine. Spent the weekend clearing broken trees off the boundary fence. Would have been quite quick except my chainsaw spat the dummy one hour in. Should be go for Waylander's visit. Now which pub is it at ???? Cya round (whew, what's that ...)

Sniper
6th September 2006, 17:05
Welcome Silage. You ever notice how the older <strike>you</strike> it gets the funnier <strike>you</strike> it smells