PDA

View Full Version : Chris Pfeiffer - coming to NZ

Cajun
5th September 2006, 13:04
Reigning World Stuntrider Champion Chris Pfeiffer is coming to Australia and New Zealand in November to perform at the Brisbane Motorcycle Expo and Big Boys Toys in Auckland.

Chris is one of the world’s most talented motorcyclists, with unrivalled abilities across a wide spectrum.

He has made his mark in off-road racing, performing stunts and extreme riding, and has been at the forefront of these disciplines for close to a decade.

In February, Chris won Stunt Wars in Florida and backed that up in June by winning the European Stunt Championship on his new BMW F 800 S.

One week later, he finished third at the Obersaxon Hillclimb on an HP2 Enduro as part of the BMW factory off-road team.

The German’s past accolades also include 2003 World Stunt Champion, 2004 European Stunt Champion and four times Erzberg Hare Scramble winner.

“We are delighted Chris will be visiting Australia and New Zealand in November,” said Mac McMath, General Manager, BMW Motorrad for Australia and New Zealand.

“We are excited that Chris, who has achieved such international recognition for his riding on the new F 800 S, will be here at the same time as the first shipments of the new generation BMW parallel twins reach Australia and New Zealand.

“Chris will show everyone just what a fantastic machine the BMW F800 is. In a series of jaw-dropping displays he will show off the agility, secure handling and the exuberant zest of the new 800 cc motorcycles.

“Chris is the ultimate example of the new breed of BMW rider. He is young, competitive, dynamic and successful. Whether he is on the Boxer-powered HP2 Enduro cutting through the field in off-road events, or stunning crowds with his stuntriding prowess on the F 800, he is able to bring the essence of the BMW Motorrad brand to life,” Mac said.

A website devoted to Chris Pfeiffer www.chrispfeiffer.com gives a clear insight into his activities, complete with stuntriding videos and photos of his most recent exploits.

One of the highlights is the Tricks and Tips section, where visitors can find out just how he performs his trademark wheel stands, stoppies and donuts.

“I think almost all motorcyclists want to do wheel stands, so I thought I’d try and pass on some of my experience,” Chris said.

The site shows Chris performing some seemingly unfeasible stunts as well as his efforts at the Erzberg Rodeo, Obersaxon Hillclimb and his stunt display at the recent MotoGP race at Laguna Seca.

“Chris is a fantastic ambassador for the BMW Motorrad brand. His incredible bike control and lack of fear has led him to becoming world renowned as not just a stunt rider but a formidable off-road racer,” Mac said.

sAsLEX
5th September 2006, 13:20
Might have to visit for the first time!

dhunt
5th September 2006, 18:55
Well that definitely could be worth going to if it's even half as good as some of the movie clips of him

Ghost Lemur
5th September 2006, 19:49
Damn that's almost worth a trip to Auckland for.

When is BBT?

erik
6th September 2006, 10:28
Might have to visit for the first time!
Same here. :yes:

Coyote
6th September 2006, 10:32
As I read the title to this thread I gasped

Think a trip to Auckland is in order. Screw exams

erik
6th September 2006, 21:05
Check out this video of him on his F800S http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ieIxO9_JgQ4

Unreal stuff, makes it look so easy.

Interesting bike too... belt drive, single sided swingarm, petrol tank under the seat, weird counterbalancing lever between the cylinders (http://www.bmwscruz.com/motorcycles/2006/f800S/pics/balancer.jpg more interesting internals pics if you click the "current motorcycles" link on this site and find the f800s http://www.bmwscruz.com/), high fuel efficiency (23-29km/l), "superb handling".

Ghost Lemur
7th September 2006, 00:16
More than his stunting I like his performances at Erzberg. Here's his a sample of his performance from this year. Love the he doesn't even need to sit down leg out as most do, just takes corners standing on the pegs. Total control. Then of course there's his effort sending the bemer up the hill that most were having trouble getting 250/400's up successfully.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=4763704969783859195&q=redbull

JimO
7th September 2006, 21:16
is michelle comming with him

TonyB
7th September 2006, 21:56
:gob: Fark and double fark! Thats incredible! simply incredible bike control... the vast majority of us have NO chance of performing stunts like that- the gap between us mortals and guys like this is immense

mjvduc
11th October 2006, 05:01
check this out :jerry:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k3zoqTXCeko

mjvduc

HDTboy
11th October 2006, 11:49
“We are excited that Chris, who has achieved such international recognition for his riding on the new F 800 S, will be here at the same time as the first shipments of the new generation BMW parallel twins reach Australia and New Zealand.

Ha! Last time (September)I was in Auckland, I saw about 30 F800s