PDA

View Full Version : Young newby chick

Meekey_Mouse
5th September 2006, 20:30
Hey, I was just wondering, sorry if it's a stupid question, but I'm only 17 and just starting out.. do you think I'll get much crap from other drivers/road users for being on a bike and or from other bikies for bein a chick? I can handle jokable crap.. but i dunno if i'll get serious crap/ almost harrasment?

Str8 Jacket
5th September 2006, 20:32
Hey, I was just wondering, sorry if it's a stupid question, but I'm only 17 and just starting out.. do you think I'll get much crap from other drivers/road users for being on a bike and or from other bikies for bein a chick? I can handle jokable crap.. but i dunno if i'll get serious crap/ almost harrasment?

If you plan on wearing a helmet then there is no reason for anyone to know that you are a "chick".

Hmmm, Wasp is 17 too.... Lovely young man fron Welly's :whistle:

MidnightMike
5th September 2006, 20:38
Im nearly 17 ;)
lol, shouldnt get to much crap if they dont know your a chick.
If you need a great bike to start on give me a pm.

sprocket
5th September 2006, 20:40

Ha I hate to say it but I for one am very impressed at any female that can cut it with the boys,as for getting dished out crap we are all the same under a lid good luck and be safe:rockon:

Str8 Jacket
5th September 2006, 20:41
Im nearly 17 :p
lol, shouldnt get to much crap if they dont know your a chick.
If you need a great bike to start on give me a pm.

Look MM, she wants a bike not a date.... :mellow:

Str8 Jacket
Ha I hate to say it but I for one am very impressed at any female that can cut it with the boys, good luck and be safe:rockon:

You do realise that this not uncommon, right?

skelstar
Wasp is lovelly. Hes just real nice isnt he Str8?

Welcome to the site. Millions of women have ridden bikes with little trouble, so unless youre one of the playboy bunnies Im sure you wont have a problem.

Waylander
5th September 2006, 20:44
Biker chicks are hot!! lol

sprocket
5th September 2006, 20:45
You do realise that this not uncommon, right?

Lol yes i know oh too well "this one time at the lights i pulled up beside a gixxer thou and well she filped her visor.........."

Str8 Jacket
5th September 2006, 20:46

Settle now!

MidnightMike
5th September 2006, 20:48
C'mon now guys keep it in ya pants, meeky mouse i have commented in your other thread about getting a bike.

Waylander
5th September 2006, 20:48
I'm settle. Just saying, chicks on bikes are hot.

Pleanty of members on this site out in Toupo to make you feel welcome and comfortable Meekey. Pleanty of chicks on bikes aswell so you'll fit right in. Hell two chicks were out on the track last time I was out there, playing right along with Andrew Stroud.

kiwifruit
5th September 2006, 20:50
your a person thats into bikes, that alone is "cool". who cares if you re male or female......

degrom
Lol yes i know oh too well "this one time at the lights i pulled up beside a gixxer thou and well she filped her visor.........."

Sound like a perfect picture!!!

How is your carbon fiber bike coming on? Or are you still busy with the vacume project?

Str8 Jacket
I'm settle. Just saying, chicks on bikes are hot.

ALL of them? Even the not hot ones? :p

Waylander
Settle now!
BTW, I'll be in Wellington on the 18th - 20th.:blip:
Yes all are hot if they ride. But I have picky tastes lol.

Str8 Jacket
5th September 2006, 20:52

I'll be sure to let MrMelon know...

Waylander
5th September 2006, 20:54
I'll be sure to let MrMelon know...
lol yea I met him once. Tell him I said hey.

Str8 Jacket
5th September 2006, 20:54
lol yea I met him once. Tell him I said hey.

He say's Hi and leave my girl alone.... :p

MidnightMike
5th September 2006, 20:55
One thing you have to watch out for as a young female rider is dirty old guys like the one posting in here :rofl:

Waylander
5th September 2006, 20:57
He say's Hi and leave my girl alone.... :p

Ouch... lol

My math sucks, I'm actually 7 years older than you... Damn I am old.

skelstar
5th September 2006, 21:16
Coming down for a drink WayL?

Meekey_Mouse
5th September 2006, 21:27
Haha wow, I didn't think my question would cauz such a stir:cool:.
I was thinkin of getn one of those chick design helmets (they're so cool!), so yea.. unless it was a gay guy riding it'd be obvious I'm a chick. But I can handle most guys n the crap they give chicks.. just aslong as they can handle it back:Pokey: :lol: , I was mostly worried about real harrasment. Glad too hear that it seems I won't get 2 much though.

Once I get a bike, if any one is in Taupo or going through Taupo n wanting to go for a ride let me know!! But youd need this sign... :stupid: as I most likely wont be to quick :D

Crasherfromwayback
5th September 2006, 21:41
have to put up with stooopid coments from guys that feel 'threatened' or like they're being 'outridden' by chicks.

You'll have to get used to that as there are heaps of needle dicked guys riding bikes that do so to try and be 'cool'...'tuff'.....and......so they 'belong'.

Real people, guys or girls that ride because they love bikes will treat you like one of them no matter what your gender.

Stay safe, enjoy whatever bike you buy and ignore dickheads.

skelstar
5th September 2006, 21:51
Well checkout this (http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?t=29544&highlight=prettty) thread about prettty helmets.

NUTBAR
5th September 2006, 21:55
welcome to kb. you will find most riders are good people.
have met a few tauranga kbrs. good crew. we have a few lady riders up here as well. dont mind if your a female or male rider as long as your a safe one, il ride with you anytime.:niceone:

jtzzr
5th September 2006, 22:15
welcome to kb. you will find most riders are good people.
have met a few tauranga kbrs. good crew. we have a few lady riders up here as well. dont mind if your a female or male rider as long as your a safe one, il ride with you anytime.:niceone:

Will meet you on the burger run,as for the young lady(meeky)no-one gives a rats if you ride , as long as you ride responsibly, Enjoy your riding....P.s sometimes this place is more dangerous than the roads.:scooter:

WELCOME!!!!

Deano
5th September 2006, 22:27

Yes all are hot if they ride. But I have picky tastes lol.

Like beggars can be choosers. Mppffttt.

Just watch out for the weirdo's MM !!

Rossi Gal
5th September 2006, 23:25
Hey chick..awesome to hear you're getting into bikes..I started riding at 17 also, was awesome fun. i rode by myself for a few months but then got introduced to some dudes who rode. great thing it was too. went to my first track day at taupo with them a week later..their game that day was how many times they could lap me..it was a lot too. but to think less than a year later, they couldnt catch me..on and off road. they dont hassle me anymore haha. you will get the od tease here and there. you'll find that these days ppl who ride arent the ones to hassle you but those who dont. more because they dont have the balls to do it themselves. dont take any of it personally. just keep ya head up. find some good dudes to ride with..get to thoses track days!! it will make your process soooo much quicker!!! but yeah, enjoy, have fun, and dont give up for anyone!!

babyB
5th September 2006, 23:44
hay gal welcome to KB...as Rossi said ...have fun and enjoy but stay safe

BigTex
6th September 2006, 00:13
Welcome. I'm just gettin riding as well. Not to many young ones on here. (I'm 18) GL findin a bike.

Yes all are hot if they ride.

Even "Dykes on Bikes"?
http://www.sfwmc.org/Santa_Cruz_Pride/

Paul in NZ
6th September 2006, 08:48

You will meet dickheads in all walks of life.... On bikes and off them. If you are encountering lots and lots of them, you are in the wrong place.

I know as many lady riders as blokes, once the bike is rolling - who cares...

Devil
6th September 2006, 08:55
There'll be plenty of us down at the Taupo track this friday if you want to come along and check out track day entertainment!

bert_is_evil
6th September 2006, 09:05
I wouldn't worry about getting hassled - the worst you'll probably have to deal with is the annoyance of non bike riding guys expecting that you're naturally riding a nifty fifty because you're a chick.

I've managed to get out of a few speeding tickets too, but perhaps that's just because I'm a nice person :yeah:

R6_kid
6th September 2006, 09:37
Christine is 18 and shes riding a Hayabusa... i'd like to see a guy or any 'boyracer' give her shit!

I know of a few around Uni in auckland that ride, mostly on scooters though and just for convenience, though there was two really hot girls that used to share a ZXR250C... mmmm cowboy boots and tight jeans:gob: uh yeh, anyway.

Come down to the track on Friday and have a look, you'll be hooked!

Coyote
6th September 2006, 09:53
Totally agree. Shame most of them are older than me

Mouse, did you get into bikes on your own accord or were you influenced into biking?

Motig
6th September 2006, 09:54
Heck theres nothing to worry about any shite remarks will probably be from jealousy! If you want to ride who cares what the small brained think. Just enjoy:scooter: :yes:

Kendog
6th September 2006, 10:48
Hi chicky, welcome.
Best advice I can give is: just stand your ground and don't feel you have to prove anything just cause you're a chick and you'll be fine. I find I probably get less shit from guys BECAUSE I ride, but if you do get any, just give it back, the worth while ones will handle it and probably become good buddy's, the ones that can't will slink away and mend their wounded egos out of your sight. (or do a wheelie or something to prove they do have a dick).:dodge:
Mrs KD.

Wasp
6th September 2006, 11:00
Hmmm, Wasp is 17 too.... Lovely young man fron Welly's :whistle:

Wasp is lovelly. Hes just real nice isnt he Str8?
and i'm single too :) - cheers str8/skel

ironcially convenient is the fact that I'm going to watch the trackday in november and i'll be holidaying with my family for 2 weeks in Taupo over christmas - I'd love it if you could show me around!

As to your question about being given crap - I doubt it, you might get some from other bikers when your kick their ass but thats fairly common trash talk.

other road users (bikers and cars) probably wont look long enough to figure out that your a chick.

hope that helps,
Doug

MikeyG
6th September 2006, 16:45
We all had to learn at one time. Most riders understand this and those who don't are assholes that you can just ignore

Deano
6th September 2006, 16:52
We all had to learn at one time. Most riders understand this and those who don't are assholes that you can just ignore

A lot of riders are still 'getting the learn' (P/T)

It's 'arseholes' too BTW....

Back Fire
6th September 2006, 16:55
though there was two really hot girls that used to share a ZXR250C... mmmm cowboy boots and tight jeans:gob: uh yeh, anyway.

pics or they didn't exists...

Macktheknife
6th September 2006, 17:06
Welcome along anyway, don't worry about the trash talk, I have never seen anyone making any serious noises about it. And if they did it around here you probably wouldn't have time to get in first. lol
Enjoy the community anyhow.

Qkchk
6th September 2006, 17:15

I got my motorbike license @ 15 and haven't looked back since! (Got it way before my car/truck/bus licenses....) Most people wont realise your a chick until you stop and take ya helmet off, and BOY do you get some looks..... :rofl:

Qkchk
6th September 2006, 17:21
Once I get a bike, if any one is in Taupo or going through Taupo n wanting to go for a ride let me know!! But youd need this sign... :stupid: as I most likely wont be to quick :D

BTW A big group of us are coming down to Taupo on the 4-5th Nov for a trackday down there.......(for more info look in here (http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?t=23043)) I would highly recommend coming down and meeting some of the folks from the forum. :niceone:

Waylander
6th September 2006, 18:14
pics or they didn't exists...

Better way to say it, 'Introduce me to them or you're lying'
lol

Sparky Bills
6th September 2006, 18:18

Dont tell them that!! Then they wont wear tight leather!

Oh and welcome to the site.
The only reason people would make fun of you is if you bought a Suzuki or something silly like that:innocent:

Back Fire
6th September 2006, 18:28
Oh and welcome to the site.
The only reason people would make fun of you is if you bought a Suzuki or something silly like that:innocent:

yeah... she needs a girls bike like a honda... :dodge:

Sparky Bills
6th September 2006, 18:29
yeah... she needs a girls bike like a honda... :dodge:

Ill give you that one. haha
But you only get one!!!:nono:

Back Fire
6th September 2006, 18:33
Ill give you that one. haha
But you only get one!!!:nono:

I feel so priviledged....

Meekey_Mouse
6th September 2006, 18:58
Mouse, did you get into bikes on your own accord or were you influenced into biking?[/QUOTE]

Lol, I never use to see the point of bikes... untill I got onto my brothers XR400 :D that was bout 2 yrs ago.. loved bikes since:love:

Meekey_Mouse
6th September 2006, 19:00
and i'm single too :) - cheers str8/skel

ironcially convenient is the fact that I'm going to watch the trackday in november and i'll be holidaying with my family for 2 weeks in Taupo over christmas - I'd love it if you could show me around!

As to your question about being given crap - I doubt it, you might get some from other bikers when your kick their ass but thats fairly common trash talk.

other road users (bikers and cars) probably wont look long enough to figure out that your a chick.

hope that helps,
Doug

Hey Doug, sure I'd show ya round! Lol esp. if you were willin to give me some riding tips :D

skelstar
7th September 2006, 09:58
...sure I'd show ya round...
This a big day Wasp m'boy. Maybe its time we had 'that talk'?

Sparky Bills
7th September 2006, 18:03
Hey Doug, sure I'd show ya round! Lol esp. if you were willin to give me some riding tips :D

Good god no!!
This sounds very dangerous:shutup:

Meekey_Mouse
7th September 2006, 19:46
Good god no!!
This sounds very dangerous:shutup:

Lol, dont worry sparky. My brother would probably come along... he wouldn't let me out alone and heck, he knows more good riding places then I do :scooter:

Nicksta
10th September 2006, 10:27
hey, welcome to KB..... all i can say is you wont get crap if yoru a chick on a bike... all i have got is looks that are hillarious when they see your a chick.... :shock:
have you found a bike yet?? know what kind you want?

Meekey_Mouse
10th September 2006, 12:24
hey, welcome to KB..... all i can say is you wont get crap if yoru a chick on a bike... all i have got is looks that are hillarious when they see your a chick.... :shock:
have you found a bike yet?? know what kind you want?

I haven't found a bike yet :crybaby: . But I'm basically looking for any thing realiable that will get me through my L's and restricted... along the lines of Balius, RG's, CBR's, GSXR's etc... tough thing is the price though. But at the moment I'm just taking my time as I don't have the $ yet

Mr. Peanut
10th September 2006, 12:32
Stay away from 2 strokes.

Rg's NSR's RGV's TZR's KR's and anything else with a weird bulby looking exhaust pipe ;)

You just don't need the shit ^_^

For casual use in most households, it is better to buy a small amount, since braunschweiger has a very short period of freshness once the package has been opened. About a week after opening, the meat will change from a fresh pinkish color to a dull gray, and will then begin to turn green. If it is not consumed quickly after it first turns gray, the braunschweiger is no longer edible and should be disposed of immediately.

Wasp
10th September 2006, 14:47
i rode phoenixgtr's fxr150 from martinborough to featherston yesterday, it was all right besides the lack of power but on the flip side it doesnt need maintaining much.

I think you should be looking for a "middle" class 250, something comfortable and easy to ride and doesnt weigh too much - something like the honda VT250 series or a suzuki gsf250 or gsx250, could go for a gsxr250 but i hear bad things about the engines. i think theres a gpx250 too but i dont know anything about it.

Meekey_Mouse
10th September 2006, 19:00

Rg's NSR's RGV's TZR's KR's and anything else with a weird bulby looking exhaust pipe ;)

For casual use in most households, it is better to buy a small amount, since braunschweiger has a very short period of freshness once the package has been opened. About a week after opening, the meat will change from a fresh pinkish color to a dull gray, and will then begin to turn green. If it is not consumed quickly after it first turns gray, the braunschweiger is no longer edible and should be disposed of immediately.

THanks for the info bout the 2 strokes. What the heck is a... braunschweiger:confused: are you just playin wid me since I told you that I'm incredibly gullible?:Pokey: Lol, but watever that uhmm.. wat-cha-ma-call-it is it sounds just as bad as that blood liver sandwich thing:sick:

Meekey_Mouse
10th September 2006, 19:03
i rode phoenixgtr's fxr150 from martinborough to featherston yesterday, it was all right besides the lack of power but on the flip side it doesnt need maintaining much.

I think you should be looking for a "middle" class 250, something comfortable and easy to ride and doesnt weigh too much - something like the honda VT250 series or a suzuki gsf250 or gsx250, could go for a gsxr250 but i hear bad things about the engines. i think theres a gpx250 too but i dont know anything about it.

Thanks Wasp :) Haha.... I defintly need something kinda light! I would hate to try and get a Comet back up from a lean... but they do look like nice bikes :yes: Just big for a 250

Nicksta
10th September 2006, 22:53

i second that.... my FXR got me thru learning (again) and my resrticted... i'm going for my full so the FXR is going to be upgraded..... it was forgiving and light as.... found it easy to learn on.. i could ride down one weekend if you want to try it out....

Back Fire
10th September 2006, 22:57
what ever you get... it needs decent tyres... shit tyres are a confidence drain... and are a way to a bad exp if you dont know what to do... get a CBR250 RR IMO... but your paying for the extra... more reliable than a zxr WITHOUT the extra attention needed to keep its bad bits good(not calling a ZXR unreliable) and you wont need to upgrade until a full... or feel like your being drained by the bikes gutlessness

Meekey_Mouse
12th September 2006, 12:06
i second that.... my FXR got me thru learning (again) and my resrticted... i'm going for my full so the FXR is going to be upgraded..... it was forgiving and light as.... found it easy to learn on.. i could ride down one weekend if you want to try it out....

That would be cool, if you wouldn't mind doing that :). I'm quite interested in FXR's as I've been told that mechanically they are great bikes. Are you thinking of selling your one?

MattRSK
12th September 2006, 12:13
http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/Motorbikes/Motorbikes/Other/auction-69491169.htm

Going to christchurch soon?

KLOWN
12th September 2006, 12:47

welcome to the site meeky, but don't listen to him 2 strokes rule. I got and still have my rg150 and for the price its well worth it. Not quite at quick as zxr or cbr but can still almost reach 180kph. You can blow up about three rg150s for the price of a zxr or cbr and they are easy to ride easy to maintain just don't forget to put oil in them all the time

Mr. Peanut
12th September 2006, 13:32
I think I would know, she doesn't need the hassle at this stage. Far better to get something that won't blow up, so she can gain some experience.

Horses for courses mate. An FXR150 would be perfect, I've not heard of one dying yet, but many RG150s have.

Braunschweiger is delicious ^_^

Meekey_Mouse
12th September 2006, 20:52
http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/Motorbikes/Motorbikes/Other/auction-69491169.htm

Going to christchurch soon?

Sadly no :p

Meekey_Mouse
12th September 2006, 20:57
Thanks KLOWN :)

MrPeanut... by any chance does Braunschweiger have horse in it?

KLOWN
12th September 2006, 23:11
here is a bike from online trading on this site, http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?t=34855
I think something like this would be alright for a first bike, little bit damaged but thats ok cause you mind so much if u crash or it falls off its stand etc. I'm saving up so I can buy a mint bike when I get my full license. And the engine was rebuilt 1000km ago so it will be alright for a little while. Having ridden a zxr a couple weeks into riding I found it much more difficult at a slow pace than the rg, around town and roundabouts it had a tendency to lean over real quick and I almost dropped it acouple of times while and rg/kr 150 is a more upright sitting position and much lighter. The fxr is 20hp and the rg is 35hp and the zxr/cbr is 40 - 45hp (i think) so i have heard of people becoming bored with the fxr and they are more expensve then the rg/kr but they are a 4 stroke and will require less maintenance and will be more reliable. But I have had my rg for a year now and only had one problem, which was the power valves falling into the engine but that was my fault because I didn't put them in properly after I took them out to be cleaned. so I guess you will just have to ride on a few and see which one you like best, they are all good bikes

Nicksta
12th September 2006, 23:58
That would be cool, if you wouldn't mind doing that :). I'm quite interested in FXR's as I've been told that mechanically they are great bikes. Are you thinking of selling your one?

sure... theres a track day i'll come down for soon..... its been great... no break downs.... i change the oil and filter easily..... and lube the chain.... i'll be selling it soon as i'm getting my full and a bigger bike... people say you out grow it too quick... but i've done my L and R on it and still get a kick out of it in the twisties and in the traffic.... if i could, i'd keep it, but i cant if i want a bigger bike.....
as a chick, i think it was perfect to learn and progress on.... plus, like the KR, its cheap to buy in comparason to a 250.

Back Fire
13th September 2006, 00:18
people say you out grow it too quick... but i've done my L and R on it and still get a kick out of it in the twisties and in the traffic....

you also have to remember you haven't 'had' to ride it the amount most people have... you pritty much flew through your R time without riding... when you have to stay with one for about 2 years... then you can out grow it easily