PDA

View Full Version : Power to the Biker People

Hitcher
19th June 2004, 16:48
If there was a Biker political party, would you vote for it?

Posh Tourer :P
19th June 2004, 19:38
It would really depend if the party had a realistic chance of getting over the 5%. If not, its a wasted vote and I may as well vote for another minor party...

James Deuce
19th June 2004, 20:02
Narrow focus parties tend fail. It would need to be a broad spectrum party with bike friendly policies.

FzerozeroT
20th June 2004, 07:57
better to vote for a motorcycle friendly politician, voting for a motorcycle party is as stupid as a maori party that says "vote for us because we're maori."

FzerozeroT
20th June 2004, 07:58
who was the the politician with the augusta MV?

Dafe
19th June 2005, 17:10
Just guessing, but I wouldn't be suprised if banksie had the MV.
He is a motorcyclist!

Indiana_Jones
19th June 2005, 17:16
lol Do they have any other policys apart from bike related ones? :ride:

-Indy

Skyryder
19th June 2005, 17:20
Just guessing, but I wouldn't be suprised if banksie had the MV.
He is a motorcyclist!

No he had a Harley. Think he sold it. Not too sure that...............sold it that is. I see in the news he is not going to be an ACT canidate. :whocares: Thought I would put that in before someone else.

Skyryder

crashe
19th June 2005, 17:31
Prime Minister Helen Clark still rides her very first scooter (1972 model I think it is).

Rick Barker Labour MP in Hastings has a m/bike as does his son.
Rick quite often comes up to the bikerun fundraisers in Auckland on his bike.

Lianne Daizel Labour MP's husband has a m/bike.

John Banks has a Harley that he only rides once or twice a year hehehe for the bike fundraisers. One run I heard he run out of gas and speed over the harbour bridge.. but YET again didnt get a ticket.

idb
19th June 2005, 18:22
Prime Minister Helen Clark still rides her very first scooter (1972 model I think it is).

Rick Barker Labour MP in Hastings has a m/bike as does his son.
Rick quite often comes up to the bikerun fundraisers in Auckland on his bike.

Lianne Daizel Labour MP's husband has a m/bike.

John Banks has a Harley that he only rides once or twice a year hehehe for the bike fundraisers. One run I heard he run out of gas and speed over the harbour bridge.. but YET again didnt get a ticket.
And don't forget Bishop Brian Tamaki.
"TWO TICKS TO DESTINY NEW ZEALAND"

Jackrat
19th June 2005, 18:38
There was a political lobby group in NZ once apon a time.
Even had a Rep' on the road safty council.
Unfortunatly it was hijacked by self serving uni students an the like with delusions of grandue.
I was even on the commitie and secretary for a while.
It started the first Blood runs an Toy runs,lobbyed the Gov't on issues like Signs at road works,imports on MC tyres an a few other things.
It was called BRONZ but is now a shadow of it's former self due to internal back biting and a lack of real support from motorcyclists.

The Preacher
19th June 2005, 20:25
Parties can not and will not function over a period of time with only one policy

Big Dog
19th June 2005, 22:08
Parties can not and will not function over a period of time with only one policy
Initial reaction is to say biker party would be good. But the cold hard fact is that the self serving are the onlyones who would self promote an entire party devoted to one topic. Now a party that had a nominated central contact for Biker rights would have my vote.
Technically we already have that in the form of a transport minister, but with all of the other interested groups having larger numbers our concerns are often ignored.

You really need a group like (bronz or similar) to have a vocal spokesperson and the one thing seriously lacking from any attempt to change policy = a lack of apathy x organisation - self serving fuckwits = teamwork :mad:
End of rant.

WINJA
19th June 2005, 22:17
http://www.labour.org.nz/Our_mps_top/rick_barker/bio/index.html
THIS BITCH WANTS YOUR VOTE , ALL HED HAVE TO DO IS MAKE OUR REGO THE SAME AS A CAR ONE AND HE HAS MY VOTE, FUCKED IF I KNOW HOW HE GOT MY ADDRESS BUT HE SENT ME MOTOCYCLE RELATED NEWS , I WAS GOING TO READ IT BUT UNFORTUNATELY I STEPPED IN A DOG SHIT AND USED IT TO CLEAN MY ALPINESTARS

Ixion
19th June 2005, 22:21
There was a political lobby group in NZ once apon a time.
Even had a Rep' on the road safty council.
Unfortunatly it was hijacked by self serving uni students an the like with delusions of grandue.
I was even on the commitie and secretary for a while.
It started the first Blood runs an Toy runs,lobbyed the Gov't on issues like Signs at road works,imports on MC tyres an a few other things.
It was called BRONZ but is now a shadow of it's former self due to internal back biting and a lack of real support from motorcyclists.

I'm a member (though I don't know the history of it) but I've got to say it seems pretty wimpy. And sort of "going through the motions". Also seems quite cliquey. Don't really think it's going to last much longer.

I definately think motorcycling does need a vigorous lobby presence.

idb
19th June 2005, 22:29
I'm a member (though I don't know the history of it) but I've got to say it seems pretty wimpy. And sort of "going through the motions". Also seems quite cliquey. Don't really think it's going to last much longer.

I definately think motorcycling does need a vigorous lobby presence.
They run a pretty good rally in Alexandra each year

Ixion
19th June 2005, 22:30
They run a pretty good rally in Alexandra each year

I get a general impression that it's more active down south than it is up here. I suspect that is down to the local branch rather than "head office" ?

idb
19th June 2005, 22:34
I get a general impression that it's more active down south than it is up here. I suspect that is down to the local branch rather than "head office" ?
I can't really comment but they do seem to pop up from time to time.
The Vincent County Rally seems to be their big shop window though.