PDA

View Full Version : Duel/sport riding in the waikato

DR650SE
6th September 2006, 22:18
any one interested in duelsport riding post here and let us know

far queue
6th September 2006, 22:56
Welcome aboard, nice bike choice, you're a bit far away for me though.

clint640
7th September 2006, 08:59
Welcome aboard, I'm always up for a ride & Te Awamutu isn't too far away.

Cheers
Clint

Warr
7th September 2006, 09:10
Welcome to the site..
Is that gravel / dirt only riding ? Always a great ride out to Kawhia or TeAnga. What do you you have in mind ?

DR650SE
7th September 2006, 10:11
seal-gravel-bush tracks any thing you can do on trail tyres

Superweetard
7th September 2006, 11:15
I'm in ,just need a days notice to change my wheels over from motard to dirt.Got a new set of Pirelli MT21 Rallycross to scrub in ,so I'm hanging out
Hey Motu you'd be into this eh!
Come to think of it the Auckland area could do with an Adventure riders club,there seems to be loads of folk doing it ,we all have our own favorite places to ride lets share the fun around ,

Motu
7th September 2006, 12:42
Yeah,we could do Te Anga/Marokopa/Awakino,then come back on that road above the gorge,and back to Te Anga at Pio Pio.I know Stu is keen to do some in that area.Maybe a summer plan.....

DR650SE
7th September 2006, 15:03
motard wheels aye im still trying to find some 4 my DR !cheap!

DR650SE
7th September 2006, 15:05
yeah Motu that sounds good by me keep in touch aye

unhingedlizard
7th September 2006, 20:06
Yeah,we could do Te Anga/Marokopa/Awakino,then come back on that road above the gorge,and back to Te Anga at Pio Pio.I know Stu is keen to do some in that area.Maybe a summer plan.....

Just been from Te Kuiti to marakopa to Awakino and back today, only about 12km of this road is left unsealed. bloody nice though, just watch out for rollers/graders/big rock trucks. interesting to note that from tk to awakino is 130km so even my crap fuel range will reach.

Motu
7th September 2006, 20:28
That's a bit sad....to think there used to be signs warning not to use the road,and it was often closed.Still a good ride though.....

DR650SE
8th September 2006, 20:22
:scooter: is there any other places to rine and have a good time doin it

DR650SE
15th September 2006, 17:03
well i wont be doing any riding for a while as i broke 3 toes at work............bugger

unhingedlizard
15th September 2006, 17:19
Oh dear.
Just to note, there is a 20km strech of gravel road that starts about 2km north of awakino and heads over the hills to meet up with the main road again north of the gorge. The view from the top is spectacular.

yungatart
16th September 2006, 09:34
any one interested in duelsport riding post here and let us know

Can't see that too many people would be interested in duel riding-do you use pistols at ten paces or is it more like jousting?
Perhaps you mean dual?
Apologies to Hitcher for doing his job for him

Cary
16th September 2006, 21:14
well i wont be doing any riding for a while as i broke 3 toes at work............bugger

I broke one on the MX bike and took me 4 days b4 I could even stand for a while and you,ve got tripple trouble :bye:

Don't count us Auckland folk out of a Waikato ride, half the fun is getting there :yes: