PDA

View Full Version : New arrival

Andy
7th September 2006, 05:35
Hi,
Moving from UK to NZ (Auckland) and hoping to buy a new Kawasaki ZX10R -used to a ZX6R in UK but since the OH likes jumping on the back need a bigger engine!
Any recommendations for dealers in the Auckland area and bike insurers? - probably on a thread already but I'm not exactly Mr techie and am just figuring out how to use the site !
Hope to meet some of you on the road soon.
Andy

McJim
7th September 2006, 07:48
Red Baron in Kingsland (Where the fox hat? I hear you say) don't worry, when you get here someone will show you where it is! My neighbour's son in law got a new Kwak 636 from them a couple of months back.
Contact details on their website:
http://redbaronmotorcycles.motorcycletrader.co.nz/

Welcome to the land of milk and honey...and ridiculously overpriced housing!

When do you arrive?

Fishy
7th September 2006, 07:51
If buying Kawasaki, just go straight to Mt Eden Motorcycles. Mike and Chris there are top blokes and provide great service.

DMNTD
7th September 2006, 07:56
If buying Kawasaki, just go straight to Mt Eden Motorcycles. Mike and Chris there are top blokes and provide great service.

What he said...they offer the best deals around on their ZX's by far.
BTW....welcome and good to see another person with superb taste :yes:

Cajun
7th September 2006, 08:51
Andy - look at www.bikepoint.co.nz for deals (bike trader)
and you could also try www.trademe.co.nz (online auction site)

Kflasher
7th September 2006, 12:39
Hey Andy, I was in the hunt for the 10R, I found both shops mentioned above to be similar in offers. I however bought mine form Red Barron (Jim), Great bike you won't be disappointed.

Andy
8th September 2006, 05:04
Ta for all the advice - will contact Red Baron and Mt. Eden.

We arrive 3 November - so only 8 weeks away. Have shipped leathers and lid so they should arrrive same time as us - can't wait to get back on a bike - sold mine 3 month ago and missing it.
Andy

car
8th September 2006, 21:59
Ta for all the advice - will contact Red Baron and Mt. Eden.

We arrive 3 November - so only 8 weeks away. Have shipped leathers and lid so they should arrrive same time as us - can't wait to get back on a bike - sold mine 3 month ago and missing it.
Andy

Hey, Andy, I know the feeling well -- sold my NC35 end of spring and spent the summer doing my 400 mile a week commute in a diesel Clio. Hate, hate, hated it.

I'll hit NZ's green and pleasant shores mid-October and I can't wait. Buying a bike is something like third on my list of things to do, after a kip and some breakfast.

Good luck with the move, and hello everybody else.

Drum
8th September 2006, 23:54
............We arrive 3 November - so only 8 weeks away...........

Nice timing mate, no White Christmas here!
Youre turning up in the middle of riding season - so no whinging ok!:cool:

Drum
8th September 2006, 23:58
Hey, Andy, I know the feeling well -- sold my NC35 end of spring and spent the summer doing my 400 mile a week commute in a diesel Clio. Hate, hate, hated it.

I'll hit NZ's green and pleasant shores mid-October and I can't wait. Buying a bike is something like third on my list of things to do, after a kip and some breakfast.

Good luck with the move, and hello everybody else.

Clio? sounds like a tampon.

And harden up - eat and rest later.
No whinging from you either.

Welcome by the way

car
9th September 2006, 01:01
Clio? sounds like a tampon.

And harden up - eat and rest later.
No whinging from you either.

Welcome by the way

Nah, a tampon goes inside the [female genital reference of choice], in this case it was the other way around.

I've already been specifically warned by a Kiwi biker I work with here: no whinging. I was especially warned not to make out that I'm not English. "Then you'll just be a pom whinging that you're not a pom."

So I'll keep it zipped.

Drum
9th September 2006, 01:06
Nah, a tampon goes inside the [female genital reference of choice], in this case it was the other way around.

I've already been specifically warned by a Kiwi biker I work with here: no whinging. I was especially warned not to make out that I'm not English. "Then you'll just be a pom whinging that you're not a pom."

So I'll keep it zipped.

Insult riders who dont wave, asians, and labour voters and you'll fit right in.
p.s. dont get insulted when we call you pohms, we mean it in a nice way. :innocent:

apteryx_haasti
9th September 2006, 12:36
So I'll keep it zipped.

A safe and boring approach! Speaking of safe and boring, are you moving to Auckland or elsewhere in this fine country? [sits back to wait inevitable and accurate accusation of Auckland bashing]

Welcome to you and to Andy!

car
9th September 2006, 18:00
Speaking of safe and boring, are you moving to Auckland or elsewhere in this fine country? [sits back to wait inevitable and accurate accusation of Auckland bashing]

Welcome to you and to Andy!

We're flying in to Auckland and making a quick tour over the following few weeks, down to Dunedin, before we decide. But Chch looks like the favourite right now, but a lot depends on where we can get work and how much it'll cost to stay alive while we're looking.

Thanks for the welcome, much appreciated.

andrea
11th September 2006, 17:48
Red Baron in Kingsland (Where the fox hat? I hear you say) don't worry, when you get here someone will show you where it is! My neighbour's son in law got a new Kwak 636 from them a couple of months back.
Contact details on their website:
http://redbaronmotorcycles.motorcycletrader.co.nz/

Welcome to the land of milk and honey...and ridiculously overpriced housing!

When do you arrive?

OH MANNNNN!!! NOT THE BLACK ZX636R :crybaby: thats the bike i wanted and i only got another umm i think 1 month to goooooo!!!!!till i get my full's DAMNIT:brick: grrr

Andy
15th September 2006, 05:24
Got the bike quotes in, now for the next thing - insurance - any recommendations? and please tell me it's not as expensive as in the UK....

And yep, I'm headed for Auckland - have a job lined up in Howick.

Andy

DMNTD
15th September 2006, 07:15
My bike cost $450 for full comprehensive insurance with a dodgy history.

:gob: ...get some sleep and post back real soon ya hear now :yes:

madmatt
22nd October 2006, 14:05
if you want a great bike with ausome after service and help see Callum at mt eden motorcycles, great guy and knows his shit. his direct line is09 3004192, I just brought a 06 636 from him and was blown away by the lengths this guy will go to for his clients. A1 mate, you cant go wrong.