PDA

View Full Version : Bloody Transporters !!! RANT

_Gina_
8th September 2006, 10:57
Have just sold my Mk2 Cortina to a guy in Wellington and I organised for it to be transported down there yesterday.

Just got a call to let me know that it had arrived, but the bloody exhaust has been ripped off....FARK.

They don't even have the decency to ring and let me know, just shoved the broken off part in the boot.....

The guy is supposed to be picking it up tomorrow morning and now I gotta ring him and tell him he can't.

So I need to find someone to go and quote to repair and hopefully have it ready today. Worst of all it now won't be original.

ARGH.

Does anyone here know someone who is in the exhaust repairing industry in central Welly?

Gg
<!-- / message --><!-- attachments -->

You gonna bill the transporters for it?

_Gina_
8th September 2006, 11:04
Definitely, they have admitted liability, but not the point as the system won't be original....

_Gina_
8th September 2006, 11:09
Have got a guy from Pit Stop going around to assess the damage now...

Sniper
8th September 2006, 11:11
Definitely, they have admitted liability, but not the point as the system won't be original....

Bill them for an original exhaust, fitting and shipping

_Gina_
8th September 2006, 11:16
Bill them for an original exhaust, fitting and shipping
Yeah, I think I will - wankers.

Sniper
8th September 2006, 11:39
I believe you are entitled to have the car fixed up to an original standard. Im not sure that means you can get an original exhaust out of it, but good luck anyway.

Freakshow
8th September 2006, 11:47
I have seen those guys loading a ford falcon once and took him a few goes to get it up the ramp and he to ripped the exhaust off, heard the noice rolled down and took another go at it.