PDA

View Full Version : Track day today Friday

Gixxer 4 ever
8th September 2006, 21:19
If you are not booked in to the track day, get booked. I did a track day at Taupo today, a few other KBer's were there. We had the full track and it was stunning. I have never ridden on a track with so much grip. We did 155 km in 4 sessions. At the end of the 4th sessions I was stuff and left for home. If you have not done a track day or you have but have not registered for our one on the 5th of Nov here
http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?t=23043 do it.
The day today was not a KB day but that track rocks and it will give you the best days fun ever.
Here are some stats from my old Gixxer for the day

Top speed was 230kmh. Hard to read da speed but I hear good riders are up to 245-250.
Travelled 155 km on the track in 4 sessions.
Used a full tank of gas. Tank was dry as I pulled in to the BP shop.
Buggered a pair of road boots dragging them around the track. Thats how good the track is.
Had the best day of my life.

Just do it. Time to :zzzz:

Mr. Peanut
8th September 2006, 23:18
Awesome Stuff ^_^

yungatart
9th September 2006, 15:25
Glad to hear you had such a great time. When I left for work, Mstrs was talking about going, but work got in the way, as it sometimes does. I'm glad I didn't pull a sickie to go with him....

kiwifruit
9th September 2006, 15:43

glad you enjoyed it mate :rockon:

ajturbo
9th September 2006, 15:58

Top speed was 230kmh. Hard to read da speed but I hear good riders are up to 245-250.

sounds like the type of speeds i get out of my bucket......:innocent:

Meekey_Mouse
9th September 2006, 23:16
I went and watched... It looked like SO much fun:woohoo: I can't wait to get my bike and get out there... in the slower class of course! But wow! watching the fast group was awsome :rockon: . But defintly :2thumbsup thumbsup to every one who went out there!

Keep riding,

Jaz

Gixxer 4 ever
10th September 2006, 08:51
Glad to hear you had such a great time. When I left for work, Mstrs was talking about going, but work got in the way, as it sometimes does. I'm glad I didn't pull a sickie to go with him....

Bugger. I didn't even think to call him. Morepower talked me in to going on Monday and Craig from TC asked if I was going. As the docking was well underway I took the opportunity. I will ask around next time. :yes: :yes:

BNZ
11th September 2006, 08:27
If you are not booked in to the track day, get booked. I did a track day at Taupo today, a few other KBer's were there. We had the full track and it was stunning. I have never ridden on a track with so much grip. We did 155 km in 4 sessions. At the end of the 4th sessions I was stuff and left for home. If you have not done a track day or you have but have not registered for our one on the 5th of Nov here
http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?t=23043 do it.
The day today was not a KB day but that track rocks and it will give you the best days fun ever.

Travelled 155 km on the track in 4 sessions.
Used a full tank of gas. Tank was dry as I pulled in to the BP shop.
Buggered a pair of road boots dragging them around the track. Thats how good the track is.

Good to hear. Im bloody jealous! Shame I keep skipping country right on the track day dates :angry:

Shaun
11th September 2006, 14:00
When is the next Taupo track day, and who is running it please

MSTRS
11th September 2006, 14:09
http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?t=23043
then SuzukiNZ GSXR only 10.12.06

Zed
11th September 2006, 14:46
We had the full track and it was stunning. I have never ridden on a track with so much grip...

The day today was not a KB day but that track rocks and it will give you the best days fun ever...

Thats how good the track is....I concur, best track day i've had yet! Well organised, everyone was friendly as, and respect was shown one to another whilst on the track which made for a non-competetive environment! :yes:

Devil
11th September 2006, 15:04
I definately had fun. Hope to have my own bike down there next time though!

Gixxer 4 ever
7th October 2006, 08:46
When is the next Taupo track day, and who is running it please

Moto TT days

Fri 24th Nov
Sat 3rd Feb 07
Fri 9th Mar 07
Fri 20th April 07
Fri 25 May 07

Contact details www.motott.co.nz
rider@motott.co.nz
Peter 07 3781108

Kiwi Rider Oct 28th Taupo

Kiwibiker Nov 5th

A GSX-R day. You will find the the date on the front page of KB

And they are only the ones I know about. Go get em they are cheap if you book and I know you love the track.
Cheers