PDA

View Full Version : 07 Hogs Unveiled!!!

07fatboy
9th September 2006, 04:16
Just a few pics guys of the new hogs unveiled in perth last night...the red Fatboy in the pics had 2km on the clock with the slip ons added for the unveiling...this bike had a kiwi boys name on the mirror(obviously someones pride and joy) had the guts revved out of it for our pleasure...at the end of the night it was also shown by top management whom proceeded to show us how not to run it in buy doing burnouts from inside the establishment out the door and into and around the carpark....mmmmm....good to watch someone elses brand spanker being demoed,also a few others ...dynawide glide with screaming eagle 2 pipes,the best sounding and looking had a great feel it almost changed my mind,nighttrain always a favourite,no change bar a great tank badge this year...50th anniversary 1200,very nice in orange and black,was also demoed with smoke coming from rear tyre 1 km on the clock and sold sticker...hmmmm...also tryed to drink a few k's worth of free piss without getting alcohol poisoning(get some money back eh),but every 1 else had the same idea...Now the wait...stay tuned....now wheres the picture thingy

Sensei
9th September 2006, 08:57
Nice rides but still just a Harley !

Big Dave
9th September 2006, 11:52
Nice rides but still just a Harley !

Yeah - great, sensible bikes to ride under the current speed blitz conditions?

skidz
9th September 2006, 12:39
I like what they've done with the wheels now. Those bullet holes around it just break the solid look.

Lou Girardin
9th September 2006, 16:17
The 07 Night Rod would be in my fantasy garge.

07fatboy
9th September 2006, 16:43

they didnt have the ltd edition,but had blue 1 there the 240 rear is madness

awesker
9th September 2006, 17:52
I dont get it, every year they look the same, look at the harley in terminator 2 and its the same as this.. dont you harley guys get bored with the same thing every year? :mellow:

07fatboy
9th September 2006, 19:02
I dont get it, every year they look the same, look at the harley in terminator 2 and its the same as this.. dont you harley guys get bored with the same thing every year? :mellow:

Boy!...when you been riding a motorcycle hard for 20 years and still alive to tell your kids about it...may be then youll realise why us "harley guys " never get bored of the same shit ...pretty much the same as a k1,20 years ago looks very much the same ricey shit going around today hyabusa shape it all looks the same to me pal...diferrent strokes for different folks i say...

Virago
9th September 2006, 19:19

Different strokes........

Personally, I think every sprotsbike looks the same as the last.

Don't you sprotsbikers get bored with pissing on other people's rides? It's certainly boring listening to it.........:yawn:

cousa1
9th September 2006, 20:01
nice pics dude. Can't wait to get my hands on a 07 softail custom

Big Dave
9th September 2006, 21:02

It ain't broke so why fix it.

Shadows
9th September 2006, 22:42

Go polish your plastic or something.

vs04
10th September 2006, 07:20

Put your brain in gear next time you decide to try and be a clever dick by asking stupid questions like that one mate,you might get a better reponse.

Riff Raff
10th September 2006, 08:41
If you're not into hogs or cruisers then stay out of the forum. Simple really. Please don't come in here and shit stir for the sake of it.

Everyone has different tastes in bikes. I appreciate all types of motorbikes and don't care what people ride as long as they're out there having fun.

Skyryder
10th September 2006, 14:14

HD are by far the top selling brand of bike so they must be doing something right. Just not for me. I'm just into another sort of 'beat.' Those that want to play in the orchestra............their choice. I'm a solo player myself.

Skyryder

Skyryder
10th September 2006, 14:27
If you're not into hogs or cruisers then stay out of the forum. Simple really. Please don't come in here and shit stir for the sake of it.

Everyone has different tastes in bikes. I appreciate all types of motorbikes and don't care what people ride as long as they're out there having fun.

Nothing wrong with a bit of a Harley slagging. Sorta keeps the HOG crowd on their toes. Yes it's all about having fun...........even here on KB. Horses for courses...............or in this case Hogs for troughs.:dodge: :dodge: That's a funny guys.

Skyryder

awesker
10th September 2006, 16:24
haha, wasnt trying to be a cunt, was just curious to know! easy boys!

:dodge:

Lou Girardin
10th September 2006, 21:28

Had a look at a sprotbike lately?

Forgive him Lord Willie, he knoweth nothing.

Bruiser
25th September 2006, 12:52
Had a look at a sprotbike lately?

Forgive him Lord Willie, he knoweth nothing.

Unfortunately Lou, only an HD dude will appreciate your mantra. Still, gives us reason to smile and forgive the great unwashed.

Lou Girardin
26th September 2006, 20:45
The boss has just said we're all off to Pauanui on Sunday to run in a bunch of 07's for the Open Day. I've got dibs on a Softail Custom, with King and Queen seat, chrome for Africa, 96" engine and 6 speed.
Now I just need to find a tasselled bustier for the wife, so she can be a real bikers bitch.
I might even wave to plebs on sprotbikes........................nah, fuck 'em.

Big Dave
26th September 2006, 20:54
Went to the AMPS launch tonight.
mmmmmm niiiiiiiight bob.

FlangMasterJ
27th September 2006, 09:17
Harley Davidson's designers really push the boundaries of motorcycle design.

Shadows
27th September 2006, 17:01

If it ain't broke.... blah blah blah

jetboy
27th September 2006, 17:56
nice pics man. not too shabby at all

Lou Girardin
27th September 2006, 18:32

What other bikes indicators self-cancel?
How many injected bikes ECU's retain sensor info?
Just because they're slow, doesn't mean they're agricultural.

Big Dave
28th September 2006, 14:25
How many injected bikes ECU's retain sensor info?

triumphs - that's why you aren't supposed to use the kill switch and turn off at the key - data is stored on shutdown. so I'm told by GG?

scumdog
28th September 2006, 21:40

Yep, after following a shitload of 'other' brands of bikes indicating they ae about to make a left turn for about 5km I realised H-D indamacators are the schizz!:banana:

MD
24th October 2006, 19:33
My 89 1200 sporty self cancelled it's indicators. Every week I had to replace atleast one bulb shattered from the vibrations. Clever technology that. Sounds like the later ones now have an electronic cut out. Bloody techno crats. Now don't get upset guys it was a fun experience, I'm not being picky.
In fact the 07 V-Rod has some real appeal now that they have given it a decent tank (18.9L I see in the latest M/c Trader mag). The new 96" motor looks good too on the ones in WMCC. The dyna wide whatever in the window looked cool. Look forward to seeing what the new sporties look like.

riffer
24th October 2006, 21:08
I had the pleasure of spending an hour last week on the 06 Street Rod thanks to Pete at WMCC.

With the expection of the Daytona 675 its the only bike I've ever testridden that I didn't want to take back.

The others have never really done a lot for me although I respect where they're coming from.

But the Street Rod. That's something pretty special.

If I won Big Wednesday tomorrow I'd be on the phone to Pete the next day.

Crasherfromwayback
25th October 2006, 10:14
I had the pleasure of spending an hour last week on the 06 Street Rod thanks to Pete at WMCC.

With the expection of the Daytona 675 its the only bike I've ever testridden that I didn't want to take back.

The others have never really done a lot for me although I respect where they're coming from.

But the Street Rod. That's something pretty special.

If I won Big Wednesday tomorrow I'd be on the phone to Pete the next day.

I took it home over the weekend and went for a ride to Tihape with a couple of mates on Monday. They're fucking good out on the open road. It was my first big road ride since my accident and I'd forgotten how much I love doing it. Pity I got a $300.00 speeding ticket and that it pissed down the whole way home! Still loved it.....

Kickaha
28th October 2006, 14:05

My 1981 XJ550 has that feature :bleh:

Lou Girardin
28th October 2006, 16:25
My 1981 XJ550 has that feature :bleh:

It'd be the only feature. :yes:

Steam
28th October 2006, 19:52
I did, on my GN250, and people looked at my bike more than the shiny hogs lined up there! My combat GN has been yet further modified, with filled-in wheels. See it at a bike park near you!
Oh, nice 2007 range too.

crusa
2nd November 2006, 21:13

I have just seen in the flesh a 07 night rod special in matt black it is a very nice looking bike and i just want one. i would buy one of these instead of the new o7 vrod there is no coparision IMHO

bernardf
3rd November 2006, 07:24
Just checked out the new range online , they do look nice but why is it they are all so much heavier than my old lowrider.My 1988 lowrider weighs in at 260kg and even the 883 sportster is 264kg and the dyna lowrider is 309kg thats alot of extra weight to lug around

popelli
11th November 2006, 09:38
Nick a mate of mine has a custom sporty with a one off rubber mount frame

about 100lbs lighter than the factory version and better looking to boot

given that it uses FXR swing arm and mixture of dyna and rubber glide rubber mounts you think the factory could have come up with a better solution than they did

STORKEN
22nd December 2006, 18:49
The Fat Boy is supposed to have 16" wheels front and rear, like old bobber. Now they've ruint it with fatter rear and thinner front. Unbelievable. Watch Arnold S in Terminator 2 on Fat Boy. Some people think it's named after the bomb. That's Little Boy. The other was Fat Man.

SlashWylde
23rd December 2006, 07:21
...Some people think it's named after the bomb. That's Little Boy. The other was Fat Man.

That and the military paint schemes they are adorned with. Yep, they're both homages to the American involvement in WWII alright.

STORKEN
28th December 2006, 13:10
HD should make a homage to the WLA(C)'s from ww2. A flathead would be nice, but they could use evo if the had to. 16" or 17" wheels front & rear, and everything Drab olive green. Or how about a board tracker like the ones Adam Chandler makes w/- 21" wheels front and rear. would have to be nice and compact. I like Blings Cycles dirt tracker w/- 23" front.