PDA

View Full Version : Ipod troubles

sAsLEX
9th September 2006, 13:46
Mate has a 60 gig vid gen 5 ipod

Had about 49 gigs of vid and music on board, and this morning when using it a desktop a message came up stating "A file had been corrupted in itunes...... ipod control/itunes/itunesdb " or similar

Then asked to do a check disk which you did, which it successfully completed.

Now the ipod will not be recognised by any computers with itunes or not.

And when going into the ipod there is no record of any files other than the fact it states there is only 2 gig free! So the files are still on the HD and at a rough guess apples music hiding thingo is corrupt

Any fixes to this ??

BJ? or badcat?

Big Dave
9th September 2006, 13:49
Have you rebooted it?

Smokin
9th September 2006, 13:50
Just reset the little bugger and all should be fine and dandy.

inlinefour
9th September 2006, 13:58

Had about 49 gigs of vid and music on board, and this morning when using it a desktop a message came up stating "A file had been corrupted in itunes...... ipod control/itunes/itunesdb " or similar

Now the ipod will not be recognised by any computers itunes or not.

And when going into the ipod there is no record of any files other than the fact it states there is only 2 gig free! So the files are still on the HD at a rough guess apples music hiding thingo is corrupt

Any fixes to this ??

BJ? or badcat?

I just brought a 4GB ipod nano from Harvey Norman a couple of days ago. I got it home, installed the sortware and then went and set it up for its first charge. It did nothing and after 24 hours of charging and it doing nothing, I took it back. Yesterday I was given a new one, so I repeat the process. It said it was charging and not to disconnect from the computer. Fine, I left it going and after 12 hours, nothing had changed. I was advised to reconnect it, reboot the computer and/or reinstall the software. After doing this, nothing. It was just as dead as the first one and I'd like to point out that I'm not computer illiterate. Took that one back this morning and advised the staff that I had no faith in apple ipod what so ever. I ended up with another brand called iriver (I think), cheaper and bigger capacity. The ipod software was a slow and painfull installation. The iriver was not and utilised some of the current software from my computers OS (XP home - works perfectly if you know how to run it, like a Suzuki I guess...). Plug the iriver in and walaa, works perfectly. I read a bit about the ipod online and perused the apple website. Sounds like apple ipods are a bit of a wet blanket and issues are common. I'm not saying that the iriver is any better, but it goes and thats one up on the crapolia nanos I was given. I am also advised from a good friend who has been using nanos since they came to NZ that there are far more issues than what I'm aware of, but did not go into detail. He also made the comment that they have a very short lifespan. In my experience, thats an understatement...

onearmedbandit
9th September 2006, 14:01
Hence why they've sold so poorly...

The Pastor
9th September 2006, 14:04
I just brought a 4GB ipod nano from Harvey Norman a couple of days ago. I got it home, installed the sortware and then went and set it up for its first charge. It did nothing and after 24 hours of charging and it doing nothing, I took it back. Yesterday I was given a new one, so I repeat the process. It said it was charging and not to disconnect from the computer. Fine, I left it going and after 12 hours, nothing had changed. I was advised to reconnect it, reboot the computer and/or reinstall the software. After doing this, nothing. It was just as dead as the first one and I'd like to point out that I'm not computer illiterate. Took that one back this morning and advised the staff that I had no faith in apple ipod what so ever. I ended up with another brand called iriver (I think), cheaper and bigger capacity. The ipod software was a slow and painfull installation. The iriver was not and utilised some of the current software from my computers OS (XP home - works perfectly if you know how to run it, like a Suzuki I guess...). Plug the iriver in and walaa, works perfectly. I read a bit about the ipod online and perused the apple website. Sounds like apple ipods are a bit of a wet blanket and issues are common. I'm not saying that the iriver is any better, but it goes and thats one up on the crapolia nanos I was given. I am also advised from a good friend who has been using nanos since they came to NZ that there are far more issues than what I'm aware of, but did not go into detail. He also made the comment that they have a very short lifespan. In my experience, thats an understatement...

MP3 PLAYERS ARE FROM THE DEVIL. anti social hooligans.

Big Dave
9th September 2006, 14:06

So, that's why I like them.

MOTOXXX
burn those ipods.

go iRiver!!!!!

inlinefour

I plan on riding while listening to a mp3 player, so what does that make me?

:whocares:

Skyryder
9th September 2006, 14:08
Daughter has a 60gig Apple iPod. Works a treat. Hell even I can use it. Might get one myself

Skyryder

sAsLEX
9th September 2006, 14:10
rebooting/resetting the ipod did not help

anapod software was found using google and attemtping now to use that to fix it

The Pastor
9th September 2006, 14:12
I plan on riding while listening to a mp3 player, so what does that make me?

:whocares:

Dickhead honda rider.

inlinefour
9th September 2006, 14:19
Dickhead honda rider.

Although I also ride Suzuki, Kawasaki, Yamaha as well as the Honda. I see what you got the flame warrior nomination and as stated in your rep, what does that make you? I suppose I can expect a retailation, preformance and some mod to come to your aid shortly?

Big Dave
9th September 2006, 14:35
rebooting/resetting the ipod did not help

anapod software was found using google and attemtping now to use that to fix it

'Blessed are the meek - for they make the backups.'

phaedrus
9th September 2006, 14:35
i've had simmilar drive corruption on my ipod. what i did to fix it was format the partition (it shows up as scsi disk b partition 2 for me, there is some unallocated space before that - this is the ipod software do not re-partition it) re boot the ipod and let it initilise itself.

disclamer : this was on a windows formated ipod nano, i don't know about how an ipod works when formated for macs.

The Pastor
9th September 2006, 15:12
Although I also ride Suzuki, Kawasaki, Yamaha as well as the Honda. I see what you got the flame warrior nomination and as stated in your rep, what does that make you? I suppose I can expect a retailation, preformance and some mod to come to your aid shortly?

Nah I just dislike hondas. More the cars than the bikes, but Ive ripped to many honda cars to actually own a honda bike. Its a matter of princeapal.

Wasp
9th September 2006, 15:13
Time to buy a new one - serves you right for carrying around an ultra sensitive device.

inlinefour
9th September 2006, 15:23
Nah I just dislike hondas. More the cars than the bikes, but Ive ripped to many honda cars to actually own a honda bike. Its a matter of princeapal.

Can't say I like the cars that Honda make either. But then again if Toyota made bikes, they might be crap also...

I feel the same way about Suzuki, but sadly I could not get a road legal CRF450.:angry:

Badcat
9th September 2006, 15:32
Hence why they've sold so poorly...

yep - those bloody ipods are obviously crap.
they'll never catch on.
and if they don't work, it CAN'T be your windows conputer - can it?
it must be that awful ipod.
did you call apple for support before taking it back for a replacement?
00800 7666 7666

Badcat
9th September 2006, 15:35

Now the ipod will not be recognised by any computers with itunes or not.

And when going into the ipod there is no record of any files other than the fact it states there is only 2 gig free! So the files are still on the HD and at a rough guess apples music hiding thingo is corrupt

Any fixes to this ??

BJ? or badcat?

go here for full troubleshooting info:
http://www.apple.com/support/ipod/
it probably needs to be reset, or restored from your PC if that doern't work.
remember - all your music and video should be safe on your PC.

ken

The Pastor
9th September 2006, 15:37
Can't say I like the cars that Honda make either. But then again if Toyota made bikes, they might be crap also...

I feel the same way about Suzuki, but sadly I could not get a road legal CRF450.:angry:

Oh no you didnt. You dickhead. (sorry quas). Toyotas make very very very nice cars. 91 tureno /levin The gearbox on the 5 speed is just pure luxury. Smooth as a babys bum. Best car Ive ever driven. Handling (with a bit of tweaking) out handles alot more modern and totally bullet proof engines.

the 86 supra 2L twin turbo best ergonomics in a car ive ever driven. Awesome looks and handling. Just awesome.

I've only ownd kawas and only ownd toyotas. (just happens to be that way not becuase I shunned other cars or anything) Havnt been let down yet.

onearmedbandit
9th September 2006, 15:43
I think what he's saying rm is that despite Toyota making excellent cars they might make crap bikes. The reverse (in his opinion) of Honda making excellent bikes yet crap cars (once again, for the slower ones, IL4's opinion.).

(also, I think you need to drive a few more cars if you describe the 5spd 'box as 'pure luxury' and the 91 Trueno/Levin as the best car you've driven.)

sAsLEX
9th September 2006, 15:47
91 tureno /levin The gearbox on the 5 speed is just pure luxury. Smooth as a babys bum. Best car Ive ever driven. Handling (with a bit of tweaking) out handles alot more modern and totally bullet proof engines.

I've only ownd kawas and only ownd toyotas. (just happens to be that way not becuase I shunned other cars or anything) Havnt been let down yet.

3rd gear goes on them though

Good to see kwak doing so well in the GP! Must be some real good bikes aye!
Just like the suzukis topping the leaderboard in the premier class.

And I love how you jsut hate Honda never having experienced them......

inlinefour
9th September 2006, 20:30
Oh no you didnt. You dickhead. (sorry quas). Toyotas make very very very nice cars. 91 tureno /levin The gearbox on the 5 speed is just pure luxury. Smooth as a babys bum. Best car Ive ever driven. Handling (with a bit of tweaking) out handles alot more modern and totally bullet proof engines.

the 86 supra 2L twin turbo best ergonomics in a car ive ever driven. Awesome looks and handling. Just awesome.

You must be having a slow weekend? Might want to sharpen up lad.

I think what he's saying rm is that despite Toyota making excellent cars they might make crap bikes. The reverse (in his opinion) of Honda making excellent bikes yet crap cars (once again, for the slower ones, IL4's opinion.).

(also, I think you need to drive a few more cars if you describe the 5spd 'box as 'pure luxury' and the 91 Trueno/Levin as the best car you've driven.)

OEB got it perfectly. 5 speed box? Luxury??? Ive got a 05 Hiace van now, good but not that good, renegade master must be having a really bad day...

The Pastor
9th September 2006, 21:11

The gearbox in them is very well engineered. I'd put it top gearbox for 90-91 <2L cars. It makes me smile when I use it.

3rd gear goes on them though

Good to see kwak doing so well in the GP! Must be some real good bikes aye!
Just like the suzukis topping the leaderboard in the premier class.

And I love how you jsut hate Honda never having experienced them......

Doing well in the Gp means shit all. Who cares if it can go round a track that well. Sure there are better bikes than kawas but I like kawas and I dislike hondas. If you don't like my personal tastes go take a running jump.

You must be having a slow weekend? Might want to sharpen up lad.

OEB got it perfectly. 5 speed box? Luxury??? Ive got a 05 Hiace van now, good but not that good, renegade master must be having a really bad day...

Its a very well made gearbox. I love it when stuff is perfect.