PDA

View Full Version : Just me shit stirring again

Skyryder
9th September 2006, 14:01
I see on the news the other day there's talk of the possibility of Helen Clarke as the replacement for Kofi Annan as the UN Secretary General.

I thought a few headlines might be in order

UN SECRETARY GENERAL TO ORGNISE 'WHIPROUND' FOR BUSHES WARCRIMES TRIAL.

So you creative types go for it.

Skyryder

Lou Girardin
9th September 2006, 16:09
It appears she won't be. The French are on the security council and have the power of veto. They have never accepted an SG who doesn't speak French. I don't think Helen does. Although, she does pay lip service to Greek.

Skyryder
9th September 2006, 20:29
It appears she won't be. The French are on the security council and have the power of veto. They have never accepted an SG who doesn't speak French. I don't think Helen does. Although, she does pay lip service to Greek.

My sources tell me that the French will be 'reminded' that they owe us one. All in diplomatic speak of course.

Skyryder

Finn
9th September 2006, 20:33
Well she's got the right credentials for the job. She's a master of deceipt and corruption, much like that ghetto bantoo that's there now.

myvice
9th September 2006, 20:38
I don't think Helen does. Although, she does pay lip service to Greek.

Greek? All Latin to me...
Good, get the silly bitch out of my wallet!

Indiana_Jones
10th September 2006, 01:01
if she goes, Michael Cullen will become lead of labour perhaps. and he's a bigger cunt then Clark is.

-Indy

Street Gerbil
10th September 2006, 13:51
The French[...]have never accepted an SG who doesn't speak French.
Bummer! :-)))) -SG-

Swoop
10th September 2006, 17:45
She would fit right in though.

A scary thought, with all the bullshit and inept decisions that the UN comes up with...

Hitcher
10th September 2006, 19:31
Helen Clark (note the spelling of her surname) is not going to be the next Secretary General of the UN. Her political ambitions lie here in New Zealand. She wants to be this country's first Prime Minister to win four consecutive general elections.

onearmedbandit
10th September 2006, 20:02
She wants to be this country's first Prime Minister to win four consecutive general elections.

And it's every NZ'ers job to make sure that doesn't happen.

yungatart
10th September 2006, 20:04
Helen Clark (note the spelling of her surname) is not going to be the next Secretary General of the UN. Her political ambitions lie here in New Zealand. She wants to be this country's first Prime Minister to win four consecutive general elections.

Would that that was her only agenda. The woman is a menace and all decent NZers should vote against her at the next election

Dafe
10th September 2006, 20:19
Helen Clark had every intention of running for the Secretary General position.

However, She knows now that she'll not get a look in.

Simply because she has burnt her bridges with the one nation that matters - The USA.

The UN is massively US funded and the US won't have her!

Lou Girardin
10th September 2006, 21:17
My sources tell me that the French will be 'reminded' that they owe us one. All in diplomatic speak of course.

Skyryder

You think they care? Nouvelle who?

Lou Girardin
10th September 2006, 21:18
Greek? All Latin to me...
Good, get the silly bitch out of my wallet!

She speaks the dialect of Lesbos.

Lou Girardin
10th September 2006, 21:19

Unfulfilled ambitions can be so traumatic.

Skyryder
10th September 2006, 21:28
Helen Clark had every intention of running for the Secretary General position.

However, She knows now that she'll not get a look in.

Simply because she has burnt her bridges with the one nation that matters - The USA.

My sceniaro tells a different story.

US of A wants NZ to change it's nuclear policy. The regional local for the next SG is Asia. No matter what is said on here Labour still has a chance of winning the next general election with Helen Clark as leader of the Labour Party. She performs best in election times. So for the US to achive it's goal it supports Clark.....Labour under a new leader has not got a shit show of winning. Brash (National) gets in and changes NZ's nuclear policy. This is a simplistic version of why you are wrong Hitch.
There is a growing menace on our doorstep that Australia is commited to deal with. National will alighn itself with Australian foreghn policy in our regional area, the US will control Clark and her connections with the Labour party will ensure that our future is alighned with both Australian and US interests.

It would assist US Policy to have Clark as UN SG. Whether she will be as compliant as the US wishes is another story but Clark will change her spots when it suites her as she did from an advocate of Rodgernomics to one (now) of opposition to this ideology.

Skyryder

Hitcher
10th September 2006, 21:34

Oh no it isn't. The US Government pays nowhere near its "due" for the UN.

And I find it wryly amusing to note the anti-left vitriol on this thread versus the exact opposite on the adjoining Progressive workers' strike thread...

Pixie
11th September 2006, 11:44
if she is chosen, they'll have to peel Kofi Annan off from around her.

SARGE
11th September 2006, 11:48
Oh no it isn't. The US Government pays nowhere near its "due" for the UN.

And I find it wryly amusing to note the anti-left vitriol on this thread versus the exact opposite on the adjoining Progressive workers' strike thread...

yea .. not in cash anyway ...