PDA

View Full Version : No more L plate

surfchick
9th September 2006, 14:18
been ages since i been on here,
but the other day i finally sat my restricted and passed and a wandered outside in the sunshine and cut off my L plate! the bike does look alot more lovely without it... at this rate in 6 years I will have got round to sitting my full. by then the srv will have blown up...

ps. it's a bit wierd the way the instructer uses indicators to tell you which raods to go while he drives behind you...i can't see anything but elbows in my mirrors so it was a mission...

pps. are any of you the motorcycle cop who followed me along the North Western and followed me of he m-way to the shell at the te atatu roundabout...i did wonder why...:whistle: :devil2:

SARGE
9th September 2006, 14:21
good girl.. congrats .. glad i could get you on the SRV to get ya started

surfchick
9th September 2006, 14:50
cheers dude-you know sarge-it's actually been a really good bike for me-cause i really did get into this as a solution to commuting. i didn't know it would actually be so fun to ride them. the srv is good as it's sort of between cruiser and road and when i started i found all the graphics on the road bikes really irritating (not knowing the first thing about what the fairings were for...)- and eventually i decided i like road bikes best of all, so saving all my dollars for a li'll yeller ducati 748 or some such ;)

Motoracer
9th September 2006, 14:52
Congrats surfchick! I'm sure I've seen your bike once or twice in AUT..

surfchick
9th September 2006, 15:28
Congrats surfchick! I'm sure I've seen your bike once or twice in AUT..
hey dude! - yah you would have seen it parked up outside craven A cafe...every tu& wed...i teach near there... was that you doing those really loud circuits on st pauls st the other day? someone was on a li'll blue puppy like yours...

Nicksta
9th September 2006, 15:34
hey girl!!
Congratts!!!!!
we will have to catch up for a ride some time soon......

Motoracer
9th September 2006, 16:05
hey dude! - yah you would have seen it parked up outside craven A cafe...every tu& wed...i teach near there... was that you doing those really loud circuits on st pauls st the other day? someone was on a li'll blue puppy like yours...

ha ha, yea due to high demands from my mates, I have to resort to pulling a few tricks when they are about. I don't do any wheelies there (too dangerous with people around in close proximity) and try not to do rolling burnouts (have done 1 there) as it's a bit anti social but normally you might catch me doing some rolling stoppies. I study computer graphic desgine in AUT.

nigelp
9th September 2006, 18:11
Congratulation! I passed my restricted on Thursday, and I had "only" been on my learners for 6 years!!!! Good feeling to rid yourself of the yellow target

Meekey_Mouse
9th September 2006, 22:57
CONGRATS!! That's so cool to hear :D Must of felt great takin off the L's... can't wait till I can ^_^.

Keep safe out there,

Jaz

Keystone19
10th September 2006, 23:26
How long did you say it took you to finally get around to this.......:dodge:

Was getting sick of seeing that L plate riding past the walking bus...

:rockon: