PDA

View Full Version : dyno jetting

magnum
20th June 2004, 22:10
hello,am thinking of getting my bike a high flow air filter/dyno jet kit.question is who in the waikato/bop/auck region does this well,would also prefer to have it run on the dyno before and after[mods] to see the changes.bike already has an aftermarket pipe.any good/bad experiences???any advice?

FROSTY
20th June 2004, 22:59
I've never had one fitted to any of my bikes but I've seen the real world effect of dyno jetting a bike.
It seemed to rev up real well standing in the workshope but out on the road seemed to have lost a heap of its midrange and went bettter at the top end.
Guys have complained of a lack of ridability

Omega1
21st June 2004, 17:02
Gidday,
Firstly,why do want to add the jet kit? does you bike run roughly with the aftermarket exhaust?Usually a Dynajet kit is installed with a new pipe to match the Carb fuel/air mixture with the increased exhaust flow.I had alot of dyno work done on my ZX7R last year as my bike was running very lean from 9000rpm up.Its sorted now but it was expensive, be sure you know what your after.I must say It is very satisfying to get your bike working well and have the results on paper to prove it.

jrandom
21st June 2004, 17:06
question is who in the waikato/bop/auck region does this well,would also prefer to have it run on the dyno before and after[mods] to see the changes.

Number One Cycles is the place to go in Auckland for dyno tuning.

Why do you want to do it, anyway? You want to go faster? Why not just buy a bike that's faster, stock? It'd be less hassle and quite possibly no more expensive.

dangerous
21st June 2004, 19:10
As you proberly no there are different stages of Dynojets. So depending on what you want out of the bike will depend on which stage of Dynojet you go for.

I had a Dynojet kit in a 97 VFR750 when I was in Brissie and it hauled ass with no probs at all even the fuel milage was about the best I have ever had and it ran like a dream.
And on a dyno run it came up with 1hp more than a new VFR800 that went up behind me (he wasent a happy chappy) I ran a stock filter and a high rise pipe.

matthewt
21st June 2004, 22:07
hello,am thinking of getting my bike a high flow air filter/dyno jet kit.question is who in the waikato/bop/auck region does this well,would also prefer to have it run on the dyno before and after[mods] to see the changes.bike already has an aftermarket pipe.any good/bad experiences???any advice?

I added a stg1 dynojet kit and k&n filter to my 95 cbr900 a few years ago and noticed a very healthy increase in mid range power. Don't have dyno charts but based on that experience I'd do it again.

Bleck K6
21st June 2004, 22:27
I had a 92gsxr1100 & I was going to put a dynojet kit in that until I decided to find a set of flatslide carbs,I bought some rs38 mikunis 2nd hand for $400.
Best mod I had done to the 1100.
power went from 124 hp @ the rear wheel to 137hp @ the rear wheel.
something to think about.

750Y
22nd June 2004, 21:02
I put a dynojet kit into a 98 zx6r(g1). i also put in a k&n filter, timing advance rotor & aftermarket can. i thought yours was a 2000 model? (saw You with the green mohawk a few months back). to be honest i would never do it again, just a waste of time & money for the benefit i got out of it. it went on the dyno a few times. if i had to do it again with that bike i'd spend the money on hh pads & revalving the suspension. I would go with the 'factory' brand jet kits rather than dynojet as they have a better reputation.
get yours on the dyno first & check out the curve before you even think about fucking with it. forget the numbers too. those bikes are pretty good standard, truly, you won't net fuck all gain on that particular model through fuelling.
it will cost you around $250 for a jet kit, $100 odd for the filter, you could get gold valves & fit em to the front for that. many people will come on saying how much their bike responded to it but i'm talking specifically about the 98/99 zx6r.
if anything i'd just adjust the fuelling to suit the pipe using the standard jets & needles.

magnum
23rd June 2004, 11:10
thanx for the advice matey,good to know from other peoples experiences.will take your advice.

750Y
24th June 2004, 12:58
sorry bout the swearing, was just thinking aloud...
of interest my zx6r made 98.5 rwhp with can only & 99.5 with $430 worth of bits. i could have bought kawasaki race cams & cdi & rotor for about $2k(cheap at the time for genuine parts) which woulda netted 5hp, so hp isn't cheap with those bikes. just goes to show how well developed they were from the factory.
nice bike btw steve, where'd you get that mohawk? it stands out a mile.

magnum
25th June 2004, 15:50
yeah it is a nice bike,got mohawk from motomail for $25.cheers again,steve.