PDA

View Full Version : New toy, parts?

myvice
9th September 2006, 21:25
I'm getting a Street Magic with a sized motor, will need the usual piston, rings etc, any well known after market suppliers or is OE the best for these?

Street Gerbil
10th September 2006, 12:12
I'm getting a Street Magic with a sized motor, will need the usual piston, rings etc, any well known after market suppliers or is OE the best for these?

From my experience, that when it comes to Street Magic, Andreas at http://www.scootling.co.nz can obtain almost everything.

fast135
11th September 2006, 09:18
why not get an aftermarket 70cc kit for it (could be cheaper than OEM). and dont forget to do bearings and seals at the same time.

myvice
12th September 2006, 21:02
why not get an aftermarket 70cc kit for it (could be cheaper than OEM). and dont forget to do bearings and seals at the same time.

Hmmm, might be the way to go...
Was thinking of getting stuck in to the ports with a die grinder too, anyone been down that road?

fast135
13th September 2006, 10:06
nah, dont bother with the standard barrell. get a Malossi kit and the port timings and size will be spot on. well the exhaust on most malossi kits can go a smidge wider. if you dare.

polini man
14th September 2006, 19:59
me thinks i might have a speed kit for that puppy in the workshop--brand new in the box--(polini ok).could set you up with kit and pipe if you want

fast135
15th September 2006, 08:17
Yeah, Polini. sweet as. just as good as the Malossi.
one of the best kitted 50 that ive riden was a Polini 70cc on a Piaggio Zip.
It was the EVO kit. huge exhaust port......
the scoot also had the variator/carb/pipe......
it was/is hella quick.

the other one that ive riden had a polini, but the gudgin pin wore out and toasted the small end bearing. that killed the kit.

polini man
15th September 2006, 16:12
glad to hear the polini kit works well,were all the extras made by polini ?

fast135
18th September 2006, 08:57
i cant remember if the variator was Polini. i think it was. if not it would of been Malossi. the pipe wasnt Polini.......

texmo
18th September 2006, 18:17
i cant remember if the variator was Polini. i think it was. if not it would of been Malossi. the pipe wasnt Polini.......

I think peters ice had a polini variator but I dont know fucking any thing...

fast135
19th September 2006, 07:56
I think peters ice had a polini variator but I dont know fucking any thing...

yeah, there was peters ICE, Gotz's Zip and John Knox's Zip.
i think they all have polini variators....