PDA

View Full Version : Wellington: TCWNR - Wellington 2006/2007

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7

Dafe
10th September 2006, 07:39
The Cruisy Wednesday Night Ride.

Yes folks it's on again this Wednesday - Weather permitting.
Departing 6:30 at the southern end of Avalon park by the duck/elephant pond.
(Turn off the Hutt motorway and onto the Kennedy Good bridge, the carpark is 100metres past the end of the bridge, on your left hand side)

First ride for the season: Wednesday 13th September, 2006.

Please Note: This ride is arranged in order to provide a local social riding event for the local KB riders that are riding the smaller CC bikes and that generally prefer slower paced rides.
This event works well by having the group remain as a group when in transit and by travelling at predominantly road legal speeds.
All KB riders and friends are welcome to attend this ride. However, should you struggle to maintain the groups easy going pace, we ask that you be considerate and stick with it for this is a learner/introductory riders group event.

These rides generally consist of a group ride with a purpose - A pitstop at a pub! Pub destinations previously ranged from Featherston, Wellington city, Karori, Trentham, Paremata and Paekakariki.

All first timers are welcome. So feel free to tag along for an enjoyable social event.

Destination will be determined by the group on the day.
If the weather looks dodgey on any given Wednesday, tune in to the site for the group decision of do or die. See you there!

And for those poor souls who can't survive without last year's thread, look here:
http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?t=25809&highlight=tcwnr

apteryx_haasti
10th September 2006, 08:34
Sounds cool - I will be there later in the year (once my silly Weds night tutorials are finished with - 5 more weeks!!!!)

On the plus side - I should have my R6* at about the same time...

Edit: R6 - hah I wish! Try 6R. That might make slightly more sense...

phoenixgtr
10th September 2006, 10:56
Awesome :2thumbsup

poorbastard
10th September 2006, 21:12
Right I'll be there. Finally no work on Weds anymore.

Wasp
10th September 2006, 22:12
dammit dafe, cant we meet at 6 - leave 6:30? atleast till it gets lighter please? i HATE having nothing to do for an hour and if i go riding then i wont want to go riding......catch my drift?

Terminated
10th September 2006, 22:46
dammit dafe, cant we meet at 6 - leave 6:30? atleast till it gets lighter please? i HATE having nothing to do for an hour and if i go riding then i wont want to go riding......catch my drift?

Golf November Two Five Zero approaching, bearing green three zero degrees, speed ten knots [don't want to rush these things]. Port side to, on arrival, secure for'd and aft, double springs. Official reception 1830 for departure to points on the compass unknown:yes:

Dodger
11th September 2006, 12:00
I'll be there. :yes:

any ideas on what time we will wrap things up?

Wasp
11th September 2006, 12:09
before 10pm :bleh:

poorbastard
11th September 2006, 15:15

:gob: wont want to go riding!!!!!! wash your mouth out boy:nono:

Just go for a short ride before and then meet up with everyone

phoenixgtr
11th September 2006, 15:20
If theres any "townies" that want to head out to this with others, I will stop in Kaiwharawhara, at the Caltex truck stop on Hutt road at about 5.30, leave there about 5.45.

Cool

poorbastard
11th September 2006, 15:30
If theres any "townies" that want to head out to this with others, I will stop in Kaiwharawhara, at the Caltex truck stop on Hutt road at about 5.30, leave there about 5.45.

Cool

I'll meet you then man but were not ALL meeting til 6.30, not six like we thought we were going to the other day.

Meet maybe a litle later? Doesn't bother me either way.

phoenixgtr
11th September 2006, 15:51
I'll meet you then man but were not ALL meeting til 6.30, not six like we thought we were going to the other day.

Meet maybe a litle later? Doesn't bother me either way.

Good point

Leave Kaiwharawhara at 6?

We may have some relative newbies that'l need a little time to get out to the Hutt if you know what I mean

Freakshow
11th September 2006, 15:52

I like this idea so that we can make the most out of what little day light we have! Meet at 6, Ride at 6:30!:scooter:

Wasp
11th September 2006, 15:57
yay a fellow supporter, sadly daylight is not a concern because it will still be dark.

when lbtw, skelstar and myself went to the royal hotel pub in featherston last thursday (left rimutex at 4:45, went up and down the hill a few times) by the time we left the pub it was dark anyway.

also i must point out that on that trip i realised that my night time riding skills were HORRIBLE.

Dafe
11th September 2006, 18:42
Normally the departure time is at 6.30pm as there is normally alot of late runners. However, If a 6pm departure is preferred, then the group as a whole need to make that decision.

Hitcher
11th September 2006, 18:48
If the departure time is to be 6:00pm, then the rendezvous point needs to be a bit closer to the city than the Elephant Pond. Traffic at that time of night is a bitch.

Dafe
11th September 2006, 18:51
I think we keep the first ride to 6.30pm and the participants can discuss future departure times over a beer.

Wasp
11th September 2006, 23:59
oooh, you didnt make it clear - i thought we were meeting at 6 30 for a departure of 7, my bad but your first post was mis leading.
Meet 6:30 at the

Ill shut up now :bleh:

still an hour after i finish work grumble grumble, on the flip side i might be working in town soon

Dodger
12th September 2006, 09:35
Well Guys, Im going to pull out of this ride.
Got to much on my plate at the mo, and it would also be a good idea to get more daytime group rides under my belt first :)

Maybe next time. :yes:

(there's a chance I may pop down before 6:30 just to say Hi though :nya: )

rwh
12th September 2006, 09:50
Got my bike back last night, and it seems to be ok (though now with mismatched paint), so hopefully I will be there.

Richard

Dafe
12th September 2006, 18:07
oooh, you didnt make it clear - i thought we were meeting at 6 30 for a departure of 7, my bad but your first post was mis leading.

Ill shut up now :bleh:

still an hour after i finish work grumble grumble, on the flip side i might be working in town soon

Thanks, have edited first post!

poorbastard
12th September 2006, 18:11
Damn may or may nt be there, Final stages of job interview to go to at 3.30.

judecatmad
13th September 2006, 12:05
Can't make it tonight :(

We're in the car this week cos hubby's bike still isn't rideable - fixing things takes a long time apparently....LOL

I'll see about next week tho cos I'm a free agent next week - he's up in Auckland. All depends on the weather tho.....

Hitcher
13th September 2006, 13:03
Enjoy. I look forward to reading all about it afterwards.

Wasp
13th September 2006, 13:15
Not comming Hitcher? damn. cant nearly drop my bike on yours when parking it now can I.....:rofl:

Shadows
13th September 2006, 16:33
Thought about it but had to flag, too much shit going on at work and home right now.
Maybe next week.

Dafe
13th September 2006, 23:11
Well, For the first ride of the new season - I wasn't expecting it to be painful.

Lesson 1 as shown tonight - Warm up your tyres before getting throttle happy.

All in all, a good enjoyable night still!

That little 400 has too much horses, oh well - an additional 110 horses for me next week!

Thanks everybody for the good turnout and......... What a stunning night!!!

Wasp
13th September 2006, 23:17
Oddly enough I felt that some one would crash tonight - never thought it would be you though.

I felt the ride lacked organisation, where'd all those newbies that were behind us go? :innocent:

rwh
13th September 2006, 23:21
Thanks everybody for the good turnout and......... What a stunning night!!!

It was indeed, thanks Dafe. You got home all right then?

It was my first proper KB ride, and I thoroughly enjoyed it. I do need to fix my dipswitch though ... I was ok when following reasonably close, but as soon as the person in front pulled away a bit, I couldn't properly see where I was going and fell further back - thanks Wasp for passing me and letting me follow over Haywards.

Richard

Dafe
14th September 2006, 00:33
Oddly enough I felt that some one would crash tonight - never thought it would be you though.

I felt the ride lacked organisation, where'd all those newbies that were behind us go? :innocent:

They were always coming, just slowly and just staying together as a group, which is a good way to go.
The pace was quite quick for a newbie (considering the light) but they did well to stay as a group and keep to the course.

I think two newbies stayed behind at Avalon and Martin of course, departed on his way home from the first lap past the Plimmerton lights.

BTW, Nice wheels Tony!

phoenixgtr
14th September 2006, 08:44
Yeah, not a bad ride, but I have remembered why I don't rid ethat bike at night. I may as well not have headlights. Oh well, looking forward to next week

Freakshow
14th September 2006, 09:12
Yeah was a great ride hope I am free again next week!

Did I miss something on the trip home???

Dodger
14th September 2006, 09:37
Good to meet up with you all. :)
It was myself and Buckbuck that stayed behind.

Str8 Jacket
14th September 2006, 09:39
Ah shit, sorry guy's I completely forgot all about it! Will endeavour to be there next week though!

flame
14th September 2006, 10:43
Cheers for the ride guys, it was cool to meet some new faces. Dafe we'll get you hooked on some Conti's, you'll be addicted to them once you've given them a go. And thanks to the bike i stole for the night.....it was keewl, I had it all tucked up in the shed by the time the owner got home :-), I wonder if he knows....lol.

poorbastard
14th September 2006, 11:40
Good ride guys. Never been round that bit of road before. Nice pub we stoped at as well

hsvboy06
14th September 2006, 17:24
Where'd y'all go?

Dafe
15th September 2006, 09:13
Left the duck pond, one and a half laps around the inlet before stopping at the Sandbar for about an hour. :drinknsin

Then some of us rode back home. :whistle:

phoenixgtr
19th September 2006, 09:02
So...we all go for this week?

Wasp
19th September 2006, 09:05
roger roger

phoenixgtr
19th September 2006, 09:16
My names not roger!!

Although I used to know a Roger we said that to all the time

MikeyG
19th September 2006, 10:10
Not me. Forks are still at TSS. Will pick them up wed and have bike on the road again by the weekend.

Wasp
19th September 2006, 10:23
Not me. Forks are still at TSS. Will pick them up wed and have bike on the road again by the weekend.
fork.... hahahahahahaha :rofl:

somebody remind str8 jacket too please

MikeyG
19th September 2006, 10:39
fork.... hahahahahahaha :rofl:

Are you hassling the mighty GN?

I'll PM her and remind her of the thread.

poorbastard
19th September 2006, 11:17
Right I know where im meeting you all now so I shouldn't need to do circles and get lost before meeting this time.

phoenixgtr
19th September 2006, 11:30
Right I know where im meeting you all now so I shouldn't need to do circles and get lost before meeting this time.

Thats good. If you make it in time I'll prob be at Kaiwharawhara again

Str8 Jacket
19th September 2006, 14:26
Cheers ears!

Are you hassling the mighty GN?

If he's not then I will..... :p

Ive decided im gonna wait for day light savings to begin again as my headlights are really bad. Also im planning on selling her soon so I dont want to tempt fate!

MikeyG
19th September 2006, 15:11
Also im planning on selling her soon so I dont want to tempt fate!

I hope you are trading up and not quitting biking

Str8 Jacket
19th September 2006, 15:16
I hope you are trading up and not quitting biking

Ha! The world should be soo lucky!

Dont worry i'll be looking for a big gal's bike soon....

MikeyG
19th September 2006, 15:23
Still time to give the KR a goodbye thrash at the Taupo trackday. If you're lucky I'll even let you do a few laps on the GN

Str8 Jacket
19th September 2006, 15:26
Still time to give the KR a goodbye thrash at the Taupo trackday. If you're lucky I'll even let you do a few laps on the GN

IM not sure that I want to tempt fate. I think I am lucky that in the year I have owned it, it is still rideable let alone re-saleable! But I'll see. Trackdays are O for Owesome!!!! :D

sels1
19th September 2006, 15:42
Ive decided im gonna wait for day light savings to begin again

Yeah me too. Weather dosnt look that flash this week either.

judecatmad
19th September 2006, 19:09
I'm full of a stinky rotten cold so no ride for me tomorrow :(

Wasp
19th September 2006, 22:18
anyone with crappy headlight issues is welcome to be a part of the return trip group (just over L plate speed) I will be leading (responsobly :gob:) untill it gets lighter.

rwh
19th September 2006, 22:35
Weather dosnt look that flash this week either.

What sort of weather do we call it off for? The wind was quite ... exciting this afternoon, and my gloves are now sitting on the dehumidifier. At least I now have a 'fog-free' visor, which seems to do the trick.

Richard

skelstar
20th September 2006, 09:17
...I will be leading (responsobly :gob:) untill it gets lighter.
So thats about 5:32am these days eh?

Will you be stopping for gas?

Wasp
20th September 2006, 10:16
at that slow speed we will make scheduled gas stops at 12am 2 am and 4 am, probably one at 6am too but by that time it will be light and i will no longer have to ride "responsibly" :bleh: (go away skelator, youll make the newbies think im serious....)

its a beautiful day so far, ive got all my gear sitting here beside me at work, kinda hard to beleive the forcast is for strong gusty norwesterlies......

rwh
20th September 2006, 11:39
its a beautiful day so far, ive got all my gear sitting here beside me at work, kinda hard to beleive the forcast is for strong gusty norwesterlies......

Hmm - so not over the takas tonight then?

Richard

MikeyG
20th September 2006, 11:43
its a beautiful day so far, ive got all my gear sitting here beside me at work

Now I'm jelous. Wish the bike was working

Dafe
20th September 2006, 13:23
Just heard that Gale Force warnings are in place for Canterbury - They need to check their roofs are well fastened down apparantly........

Dunno what is on the cards for us?

Oh well, Daylight savings next weekend!

Freakshow
20th September 2006, 13:30
Well all going well I should see you guys tonight 5:45 at the k'whara then cruise to the pond...

MikeyG
20th September 2006, 13:41
Northwesterlies today and northwest gales for wellington tommorrow according to metservice

Str8 Jacket
20th September 2006, 13:46

YeeHa!!!

:Punk: :banana: :clap: :apumpin:

Fatjim
20th September 2006, 14:00
Just heard that Gale Force warnings are in place for Canterbury - They need to check their roofs are well fastened down apparantly........

hope you're not riding tonight Dafe. you've got responsabilities you know, like my alarm tomorrow. :)

Wasp
20th September 2006, 14:07

We'll know by the time we leave the duck pond i reckon, wait a sec.... theres no elephants in that sentance.... OMG WHERE HAVE ALL THE ELEPHANTS GONE! :jerry: :crybaby:

Str8 Jacket
20th September 2006, 14:08
.... OMG WHERE HAVE ALL THE ELEPHANTS GONE! :jerry: :crybaby:

Dont stress, i'll be along next week.

Wasp
20th September 2006, 14:10
calling yourself an elephant now huh? mabye you should come out tonight - sounds like you need a boost.

Str8 Jacket
20th September 2006, 14:11
calling yourself an elephant now huh? mabye you should come out tonight - sounds like you need a boost.

lol, no I meant Im sure that I could find the elephants. Or maybe even some other sort of animal. Maybe an Alpaca even.... Nice try though Doug but I wont be there tonight. Very tempted to go over the hill after work (3.30) but I can hear the gym calling from my desk :(

Wasp
20th September 2006, 14:26
Hey if you want come pick up my bike and take it for a wof? :innocent:

Str8 Jacket
20th September 2006, 14:28
Hey if you want come pick up my bike and take it for a wof? :innocent:

God loves a tryer! :D

Freakshow
20th September 2006, 15:11
You guys aren't using the MetService Lotteries forecast are you. About as accurate as sloppy finger in the air/ear...

Wasp
20th September 2006, 15:44
Im using the "looking out of my 2nd floor lower hutt office window by my desk at the flags in the car yard opposite and at the sky" forecast..... along with a good helping of metvuw and a smidgen of metservice for the current weather stats.

MikeyG
20th September 2006, 15:49
Piss into the wind and if it comes back and hits you then it's windy

Dafe
20th September 2006, 17:22
Short notice I know, My apologies, can't make it tonight, working late. Have fun!

Will be there next week.

phoenixgtr
20th September 2006, 21:12
Cool. We just did the same route as last week.

See you all next week!!

Or maybe on the weekend

Hitcher
20th September 2006, 21:49
I'm in Canberra next week. Arse!

judecatmad
21st September 2006, 06:28
Now that hubby has to have an op on his elbow following his off a couple of weeks ago, we're probably going to be driving for a significant number of weeks :(

Means I won't be able to go on any of the Weds nite rides until he's better.

**sigh**

phoenixgtr
26th September 2006, 16:05
Won't be there this week. After going to see the sprints on Sunday and the ride this coming Sunday, the boss has said no :weep:

See you all on Sunday

MikeyG
26th September 2006, 16:27
I won't be there either. Brakes are currently in bits on the kitchen table and have no back wheel. Will be running by the weekend though.

I'll be dropping off the wheel at TSS tomorrow night so will come in the cage and see you all off.

Hitcher
26th September 2006, 16:53
If Plan A goes according to Hoyle, I shall be in Canberra. Ride safely and have a beer for me.

poorbastard
27th September 2006, 16:00
Won't be there tonight. Have a good ride and hope the weather pulls through for ya.

Shadows
27th September 2006, 17:02
Looks like I'm stuck at work, bunch of fucktards they are. Enjoy.

Wasp
27th September 2006, 17:04
I might pop down and say hi but under the impending doom due to the weather i'll probably go to bed and play on the laptop

Freakshow
27th September 2006, 17:11
I might pop down and say hi but under the impending doom due to the weather i'll probably go to bed and play on the laptop

Play on the laptop in bed????:tugger:

Moving on.. Busy tonight but hope to see you all and som sunshine on SUNDAY... Until then :Playnice:

wolverine_nz
27th September 2006, 20:30
Anyone brave it today?

Wasp
27th September 2006, 21:15
not today but we did do the bays around welly in drisel like this once

phoenixgtr
27th September 2006, 21:18
not today but we did do the bays around welly in drisel like this once

Yeah, that was a nice night.

Have you been posting alot lately? I just noticed your post count. You used to have less than me!!

Wasp
28th September 2006, 11:48
aye I have, been slow at work lately, was just picking up again and now alas school holidays..... ive been checking kb today every 30 minutes or so....

Anyone go out last night?

MikeyG
28th September 2006, 11:55
I was there in the cage 5:45-6:10 but noone showed.

MikeyG
4th October 2006, 11:56
anyone heading out tonight?

Wasp
4th October 2006, 12:05
yea right - i have a new laptop, no no nothing to do with the weather at all :innocent:

but if you bring the car we all can go for a drive!

Str8 Jacket
4th October 2006, 12:08
anyone heading out tonight?

You feeling invincable Mikey?....

BTW, I wont be there tonight. Not even sure if I can even ride my bike home this evening!

Hitcher
4th October 2006, 12:12
NZ Police CommCens Alert 12:00 4-10-2006 Wellington

Press Release by New Zealand Police at 12:26 pm, 04 Oct 2006

Location of incident: Wellington

Incident Type: Severe Wind

Police report severe wind gusts in exposed areas of Wellington and the Hutt Valley. Motorists should take extreme care on the top of the Rimutaka Hill and Wainuiomata Hill and also along SH2 south bound between Petone and Wgtn.

ENDS

MikeyG
4th October 2006, 12:14
yea right - i have a new laptop, no no nothing to do with the weather at all :innocent:

but if you bring the car we all can go for a drive!

You shouldn't suggest that until after you've seen my driving.

I think I'll saty home and finish putting the bike back togeather

wayne708
4th October 2006, 12:31
Gusting over 55knots (100kph) here at the airport today,most flights canceled . Whats the take off speed of a GN250?

Str8 Jacket
4th October 2006, 12:33
Gusting over 55knots (100kph) here at the airport today,most flights canceled . Whats the take off speed of a GN250?

Im not sure of the take off speed, but you can write one off at 70kph....

MikeyG
4th October 2006, 12:45

Let me out on the runway. With a 55 knot tail wind I could double the top speed

Dreamer
4th October 2006, 14:13
The ride home is all the thrill I need.
see you next week.

Wasp
4th October 2006, 14:36
or tommorow night ;)

Fatjim
4th October 2006, 14:55
The ride home is all the thrill I need.
see you next week.

Why, do you have a new seat on the bike, possibly in a rather rude and amuzing shape?

Edit: Harden up, it'll be a tail wind on the way home. Time to break those speed records.

phoenixgtr
4th October 2006, 15:37
I think i'll stay home and do some much needed study, oh and have a beer, that will help.

Darkman
4th October 2006, 15:53
possibly in a rather rude and amuzing shape?

You mean Like the shape of your face ??

Fatjim
4th October 2006, 16:07
Don't start, all the chicks will want my face on their seat!

James Deuce
4th October 2006, 16:15
What? They want a seat like a marshmallow with stubble?

Freakshow
4th October 2006, 16:27
Let me out on the runway. With a 55 knot tail wind I could double the top speed

ILL join ya :cool:

Wasp
4th October 2006, 17:33
me too, should be easily able to beat the 176 km/h i got in the sprints :innocent:

seriously though, im tucked up in bed setting up the new lappy

phoenixgtr
4th October 2006, 18:11
seriously though, im tucked up in bed setting up the new lappy

Dude, that sounds a bit dodgy

sels1
4th October 2006, 18:22
Not tonight Josephine....maybe next week.

Drum
4th October 2006, 20:37
Northbound was fun. Southbound..........not so much.

MikeyG
10th October 2006, 12:28
Should get the GN running again tonight and forecast looks ok for tomorrow. Anyone up for a ride?

Wasp
10th October 2006, 12:30
Sure....... oh.... wait....

anyone want a pillion?

edit: if you dont get the gn running and your going past in the car can you come and pick me up then drop me off home on the way back?

MikeyG
10th October 2006, 12:39
Won't be out there in the car. I'm only driving out that way when dropping parts off at TSS. Definately should get bike going tonight. Got it running last night, all I need to do now is adjust the rear brake switch so the brake light isn't on all the time. Looking foward to riding again.

I'd give you a pillion but the GN is at max wieght with just me on it.

Str8 Jacket
10th October 2006, 12:51
I will hopefully be able to make it... Im getting physio on my back and knee tomoro so I will see how sore I am, and what the phyiso thinks about me riding.... I shall keep my fingies crossed!

MikeyG
10th October 2006, 13:39
Im getting physio on my back and knee tomoro

Is that from your last bin? I thought you weren't too bad

Str8 Jacket
10th October 2006, 13:43
Is that from your last bin? I thought you weren't too bad

Nah, I f*cked my back up lifting weights at the gym and my knee's still buggered from my accident last year so I thought I may as well get them both sorted at the same time...

Kendog
10th October 2006, 13:44
Im getting physio on my back and knee tomoro so I will see how sore I am, and what the phyiso thinks about me riding.... I shall keep my fingies crossed!

I fell down some stairs onto my back about 4 weeks ago, and when I went to my osteopath two days after he gave me shit for not riding my bike there! (He was kidding as I couldn't actually sit!)
Mrs KD.

Str8 Jacket
10th October 2006, 13:47
I fell down some stairs onto my back about 4 weeks ago, and when I went to my osteopath two days after he gave me shit for not riding my bike there! (He was kidding as I couldn't actually sit!)
Mrs KD.

Doh! Ouch!
I did this last week and it wasnt too bad until after my visit to the gym this morning. Apparently I shouldnt have been able to excercise OR ride my bike at all but I was out riding on Sunday just been, lol! Its only a sprain though, so nothing major!

MikeyG
10th October 2006, 14:04
Nah, I f*cked my back up lifting weights at the gym

Exercise is bad for you

Str8 Jacket
10th October 2006, 14:14
Exercise is bad for you

lol! Thats not the attitude Mikey Wikey :p... Otherwise I would have given up riding last year sometime!

MikeyG
10th October 2006, 14:17
lol! Thats not the attitude Mikey Wikey :p... Otherwise I would have given up riding last year sometime!

I consider myself reprimanded

phoenixgtr
10th October 2006, 18:14
grumble grumble...work function...grumble grumble grumble...on a bloody Wednesday!! :no:

sels1
10th October 2006, 19:55
anyone want a pillion?

Pillions are never wanted - just tolerated! :lol:

But if I get around to coming along I dont mind taking ya. pm me tomorrow if yr keen.

Madness
10th October 2006, 20:01
I don't seem to be able to get off work early enough lately, here's hoping for tomorrow. If the weather is anything like today's it should be interesting, it snowed here in the Hutt at 5pm today!!!

wolverine_nz
10th October 2006, 23:00
Should be able to make my first TCWNR, see ya then.

Str8 Jacket
11th October 2006, 09:59
Man, what a beautiful day! Shame I cant make it tonight, turns out that my back was worse than I thought. Ya'll have fun, will hopefully see you next week!

Wasp
11th October 2006, 10:00
thats 2 bikes thats not being used tonight!

if you give me one i'll treat it really nice :innocent:

Str8 Jacket
11th October 2006, 10:13
thats 2 bikes thats not being used tonight!

God loves a tryer!

Sorry but I still need to get around on it, much to my physio's dismay....

MikeyG
11th October 2006, 10:15
It's the first day back on the road for the mighty GN. The brakes are feeling a bit dodgy so I'm taking it down to be checked out at lunch time. Depending on the outcome I might or might not be able to make it.

It's a great day and I really want to come but safety first as they say.

Hope the back gets better quick Hels. At least you've got an excuse for lots of massages.

MikeyG
11th October 2006, 10:20

You can't be innocent on a 2 smoker, they need a good thrashing

Wasp
11th October 2006, 10:29
so does my bandit, tootling around in the low rpms fouls the plugs - alot of people have that problem then fork out $$$ for the iridium ones ;)

MikeyG
11th October 2006, 10:42
Got an iridium one in the GN, but then it is a highly tuned performance machine. Chep to but a set of iridiums when you've only got one cylinder

Fatjim
11th October 2006, 11:15
I don't seem to be able to get off work early enough lately, here's hoping for tomorrow. If the weather is anything like today's it should be interesting, it snowed here in the Hutt at 5pm today!!!

Yeah, I got caught in that, along with the hail. Not fun at 140kph.

sels1
11th October 2006, 15:49
Its a nice night for a ride - I'll come along

phoenixgtr
11th October 2006, 15:54
Damn bloody work function...stupid sun. I wanna go riding!!

Oh well. Have a good one tonight, whoevers going.

Hels, heal up quick. Hope you're not in too much pain. My physios not too happy about my riding either especially when I might have to have knee surgery soon

adyone
11th October 2006, 16:07
I,ll be there see ya soon

Hitcher
11th October 2006, 19:50
Didn't get home from work until 7:30pm. Maybe next week, armed with GC photos and tales of derring do...

apteryx_haasti
11th October 2006, 20:01
Weds night uni tutorials have finally finished! Just how cruisy is this ride - is it suitable for a "6-month old" (rider, not baby)?

I am going to be going for my RESTRICTED in the next coupla weeks!!!

phoenixgtr
11th October 2006, 20:29
Weds night uni tutorials have finally finished! Just how cruisy is this ride - is it suitable for a "6-month old" (rider, not baby)?

I am going to be going for my RESTRICTED in the next coupla weeks!!!

Yep. You'll be fine. GN's are totally welcome.

So, where'd you guys go tonight?

Wasp
11th October 2006, 21:44
hah sissies! i dont even have a bike to go on and i went! (damn my feet are sore...) :rofl:

just kiddin, i pillioned with sels1 to the sandbar on the tiger then stew pillioned me back to my place on a shop hyosung 250 r

not many people tonight either, only 5 bikes and not a single gsxr to be seen

poorbastard
11th October 2006, 23:05
Hope you guys had fun. Was such good weather as well. If I had my bike going I would have been there.

Hopefully next week

MikeyG
12th October 2006, 08:54
My first TCWNR last night and first ride since the small bin a month ago. From the elephant pond we went over Haywards and on up to the Piekok lookout. Back down Piekok and round the inlet to the Sand Bar for food and drinks.

Great ride over some great roads. And if you've never been up Piekok hill before get your arse up there on a fine day, what a view.

Would be nice to see a few more GN's on the ride, I need some company down the back.

Str8 Jacket
12th October 2006, 08:55
I dont care about your ride. I didnt want to go anyway.

MikeyG
12th October 2006, 09:05
:bleh:

spoilsport

sels1
12th October 2006, 12:02
I dont care about your ride. I didnt want to go anyway.

we didnt miss ya...it was nice and peaceful....:bleh:

Str8 Jacket
12th October 2006, 12:13
we didnt miss ya...it was nice and peaceful....:bleh:

Well arent you a charmer!

You'll be pleased to know that I am now getting acupuncture on my knee.... But now I have a slipped disc in my back :( So your rides will be nice and quiet for the next couple of weeks. But dont worry, I'll be back! :p

Dreamer
12th October 2006, 12:41
Well arent you a charmer!

You'll be pleased to know that I am now getting acupuncture on my knee.... But now I have a slipped disc in my back :( So your rides will be nice and quiet for the next couple of weeks. But dont worry, I'll be back! :p
Looking forward to it Str8!

Thanks for a great ride last night guys.

Darkman
12th October 2006, 12:45
not a single gsxr to be seen

well..the one GSXR is sold, the other rider(Black Gixxer)was washing his hair, or so I heard.....bloody slackers!!!! Who is organising the rides now?

Bend-it
12th October 2006, 13:03
My first TCWNR last night and first ride since the small bin a month ago. From the elephant pond we went over Haywards and on up to the Piekok lookout. Back down Piekok and round the inlet to the Sand Bar for food and drinks.

Great ride over some great roads. And if you've never been up Piekok hill before get your arse up there on a fine day, what a view.

Would be nice to see a few more GN's on the ride, I need some company down the back.

Is the paekak open again? Is it? Is it?? Woo hoo!!! Can't wait to go up there again!

Str8 Jacket
12th October 2006, 13:33
Bring back the Elephant!

MikeyG
12th October 2006, 13:37
Is the paekak open again? Is it? Is it?? Woo hoo!!! Can't wait to go up there again!

It's still closed from the lookout down to the Paekak side. Road is oficially closed from haywards up to the lookout, only open for residents.

skelstar
12th October 2006, 13:46
..and miscreants it seems.

MikeyG
12th October 2006, 13:51
..and miscreants it seems.

I'm not a miscreant, I'm just special.

Str8 Jacket
12th October 2006, 13:57
I'm not a miscreant, I'm just special.

No, you're undesirable. Skelstars right.

Uncle B
12th October 2006, 14:00
well..the one GSXR is sold, the other rider(Black Gixxer)was washing his hair, or so I heard.....bloody slackers!!!! Who is organising the rides now?
I was also doing my nails, thankyou very much.

MikeyG
12th October 2006, 14:01
No, you're undesirable. Skelstars right.

I feel so hurt. Why must you always put me down? I'm going to sulk now!

Wasp
12th October 2006, 14:24
Who is organising the rides now?
The guy without a bike it would almost seem....

Bring back the Elephant!
sure, feel free to come along.:buggerd:

What were you doing slinking around here in the early hours this morn Unc B? not that i mind - people waving to me when im not on a bike makes me feel special:wari: but its more common that i see madboy than you

Dafe
12th October 2006, 15:44

Just coz it sold doesn't mean I'm a goner sunshine!.....
Am looking at taking a step back in time.

So where was Pex then? Too buisy gossiping to Shayne again!

Uncle B
12th October 2006, 15:45
What were you doing slinking around here in the early hours this morn Unc B?
On my way to work.
Took the bike for TRTNR tonight.

Dafe
12th October 2006, 15:50
I was also doing my nails, thankyou very much.

What about Ma'a Nonu's new eye shadow range.... Did it look lovely on you Bruce?

Uncle B
12th October 2006, 16:17
What about Ma'a Nonu's new eye shadow range.... Did it look lovely on you Bruce?
It would suit your skin tone better.

Darkman
12th October 2006, 16:22
Just coz it sold doesn't mean I'm a goner sunshine!.....
Am looking at taking a step back in time.

!

Best you make it a quick step then..get that factory and get your ass on organising your wednessday night rides...sunny boy!

Uncle B
12th October 2006, 16:25
Best you make it a quick step then..get that factory and get your ass on organising your wednessday night rides...sunny boy!
Go the Darkman

Dafe
12th October 2006, 19:23

I ain't getting a factory..... I ain't got anywhere near enough cash for that bro. I'm too broke now.

Maybe if I can get a commission on selling cosmetics to Uncle B, I'll be able to afford something soon.

Pex Adams
13th October 2006, 07:01
So where was Pex then? Too buisy gossiping to Shayne again!

Hay look, if Shayne and I want to go over the latest Woman Weekly together while painting our toe nails, then that our own business...

So who's gossiping now???:Pokey: :Pokey: :Pokey:

Bruce is lovely, especially when he/she wears the little pink number, with the golden thong:2thumbsup :2thumbsup :2thumbsup

I ain't getting a factory..... I ain't got anywhere near enough cash for that bro. I'm too broke now.

Maybe if I can get a commission on selling cosmetics to Uncle B, I'll be able to afford something soon.

Do you any chance of hooking me up with some lavender nail polish, Shayne ran out last night!

Dafe
13th October 2006, 07:08
Do you any chance of hooking me up with some lavender nail polish, Shayne ran out last night!

I may be able to supply you with some, I'll have to ask Darkman if he has any leftover stock!

Otherwise, the last resort is to try Skelstar. But I think it'll be a cold day in hell that he'll depart with his cosmetic range for anybodies sake.

Darkman
13th October 2006, 07:57
Thats it..you guys got me worried now...all this talk about nail polish, girl talk and boy's rides!! I'll be swallowing a fork next Wednessday.

P.s..no more stock left Dafe..you guys have bought it all

Uncle B
13th October 2006, 09:29
We don't need that crap.....us Hutt boys are tougher than that.

Darkman....get back in the kitchen and make me some muffins......please

Fatjim
13th October 2006, 10:18
What a pack of faggots!

Uncle B
13th October 2006, 11:02
What a pack of faggots!
Your a fine one to talk with your technicolour dream Duc

Darkman
13th October 2006, 12:08
What a pack of faggots!

Is that the reason you alway hang around?

Darkman
13th October 2006, 12:11
Darkman....get back in the kitchen and make me some muffins..[/SIZE]

muffins is for poofters...I'm making strawberry cheescake!!!

Pex Adams
13th October 2006, 12:31
Be careful Darkman, Fat Jim might move in permanantly if you keep teasing him like this... Poofter Muffins and Cheesecake.

He'll be right at home with the Technicolour dream duc up his ass, and his face full of Cheese!!!

Ooh the mental picture is horrifying.

Darkman
13th October 2006, 12:40
Be careful Darkman, Fat Jim might move in permanantly if you keep teasing him like this... Poofter Muffins and Cheesecake.

He'll be right at home with the Technicolour dream duc up his ass, and his face full of Cheese!!!

oohh..and don't forget his "soft spring" or is it a bit harder now?..oh crap..that pic is even worse

Fatjim
13th October 2006, 14:11

Wadda you mean? You see worse brushing your teeth!

Pex Adams
13th October 2006, 15:58
Wadda you mean? You see worse brushing your teeth!

Only if your in the bathroom while I'm doing it!:(

Darkman
13th October 2006, 16:22
Only if your in the bathroom while I'm doing it!:(

what, what, what..you both in the bathroom, doing it!!!!!

phoenixgtr
13th October 2006, 17:00
What the hell happened to this thread?? :mellow:

Str8 Jacket
13th October 2006, 17:22
What the hell happened to this thread?? :mellow:

And to think that some of these guy's are our Mentors.....

phoenixgtr
13th October 2006, 20:27
And to think that some of these guy's are our Mentors.....

I know. Scary thought isn't it. Soon we'll all be wearing mascara when we go on rides :buggerd:

apteryx_haasti
14th October 2006, 08:13
Never! Are you guys trying to get this thread moved to PD or what?

skelstar
15th October 2006, 15:07
Pretty boys on pretty bikes.

Uncle B
15th October 2006, 17:59
Cheers Skel

Madness
15th October 2006, 20:35

Cheers Skel

From now on I'm gonna make sure you guys ride in front of me at all times.

Darkman
15th October 2006, 20:41
From now on I'm gonna make sure you guys ride in front of me at all times.

why? so you can check out pretty boy arses?

Pex Adams
16th October 2006, 06:50
why? so you can check out pretty boy arses?

Is that why you always are taking up the rear guard Darkman:spanking: :spanking: :spanking:

MikeyG
16th October 2006, 08:51
I know. Scary thought isn't it. Soon we'll all be wearing mascara when we go on rides :buggerd:

You mean you don't already

Wasp
16th October 2006, 09:27
You mean you don't already
no, i dont.........go on rides..........:crybaby:

(and by the sound of it im not sure i want to be :buggerd:)

Darkman
16th October 2006, 09:30
Is that why you always are taking up the rear guard Darkman:spanking: :spanking: :spanking:

you know thats why..pretty boy

Kendog
17th October 2006, 18:12
So who's keen for tomorrow night??? Weather looks ok, and for once I've been released from work early! Yahh!!:sunny:
Mrs KD.
P.S. Have no problem looking at leather or cordura or jean clad man butt, so bring it on!!:gob: :nono:

Darkman
17th October 2006, 18:25
I'll b there tomorrow night if weather is good....

Hitcher
17th October 2006, 19:29
Hmmmm. Tomorrow. I may well need a ride by then.

Wasp
17th October 2006, 19:45
So who's keen for tomorrow night???
dont get me wrong, im keen, VERY keen infact but i wont be there

Madness
17th October 2006, 19:51
dont get me wrong, im keen, VERY keen infact but i wont be there

I've got 1 spare seat & 2 spare footpegs...

Wasp
17th October 2006, 19:53
Done, pick me up from my place just before 6?

Madness
17th October 2006, 19:56
Done, pick me up from my place just before 6?

PM me a phone number & address. You're buying the pies.

Hitcher
17th October 2006, 19:58
Elephant Pond at 6:30pm?

Wasp
17th October 2006, 20:03
6, leave 6 30

pm sent maximus

Str8 Jacket
18th October 2006, 06:28
Im planning to be there, will see how my back holds up at the gym this arvo first though. Anyone meeting in Kaiwharawhara? Doug, make mine a mince and cheese pie thanks :D

MikeyG
18th October 2006, 07:59
With such a turnout how can I deprive you all of my presence? I'll be there

hsvboy06
18th October 2006, 08:04
I'm in the big city today and thinking of coming along for a ride...

Bend-it
18th October 2006, 10:27
Where you heading out to today?

Str8 Jacket
18th October 2006, 11:44
Where you heading out to today?

We'll sort that when we meet, you coming?

Bend-it
18th October 2006, 12:10
Nahh, have a meeting then... Nyeh...

Freakshow
18th October 2006, 12:14
Im planning to be there, will see how my back holds up at the gym this arvo first though. Anyone meeting in Kaiwharawhara? Doug, make mine a mince and cheese pie thanks :D

Say 5:50???:scooter:

Str8 Jacket
18th October 2006, 12:16
Say 5:50???:scooter:

Word. Will be leaving at 6 on the dot for anyone else thats keen on meeting up. Wasps buying all of us dinner, what a nice chap!

Freakshow
18th October 2006, 12:44
Word. Will be leaving at 6 on the dot for anyone else thats keen on meeting up. Wasps buying all of us dinner, what a nice chap!

Sounds good to me!

And isn't WASP a kind wee fulla, I guess it is going to be a tight fit on that bike, two people and all those pies!:sick:

RantyDave
18th October 2006, 13:35
Will be leaving at 6 on the dot for anyone else thats keen on meeting up.
Kaiwharawhara? Despite my less than exemplary record of managing to meet people there, I'll give it a go. Otherwise Elephant pond.

Dave

Str8 Jacket
18th October 2006, 13:45
Kaiwharawhara? Despite my less than exemplary record of managing to meet people there, I'll give it a go. Otherwise Elephant pond.

Dave

Yes well, if you end up on the motorway AGAIN instead just give us a toot when you go past.... and dont bother turning around!

MikeyG
18th October 2006, 14:52
Feeling a bit crook. Don't think I'll make it after all

Wasp
18th October 2006, 15:29
Feeling a bit crook.
so am i, i mean who wouldnt be, sitting in side on a day like this knowing that your stupid mistake crashed your bike and now you cant ride in this beautiful sun, makes me want to puke :sick:

MikeyG
18th October 2006, 15:40
so am i, i mean who wouldnt be, sitting in side on a day like this knowing that your stupid mistake crashed your bike and now you cant ride in this beautiful sun, makes me want to puke :sick:

The way I'm feeling I'd probably end up making a mistake and feeling like that if I went on the ride

phoenixgtr
18th October 2006, 15:54

Well it looks like I won't be coming (Damn family stuff). May make it yet, but If I do, I wont make it to Kaiwharawhara, I'll be at the elephant pond.

Str8 has also told me that she can no longer make it...to Kaiwharawhara. She will be at the Elephant pond tho.

Woof

phoenixgtr
18th October 2006, 16:14
Yes!! Oh yes!!

I'm coming!! I'm coming!!

(See you at the Elephant pond)

poorbastard
18th October 2006, 17:28
Checks Watch...........Oh shit I completly forgot.

Even managed to get the bike fixed and do an oil change yesterday.

Hope you guys have a good ride. I'll join you all next week hopefully.

Kendog
18th October 2006, 19:47
Wicked turn out!! Good to see you all there, a few new faces too (me included, aheeemmm). Went to the top of the hill, hubby said he was cold and hungry, I agreed on the cold thing and the fading light with my tinted visor, so headed to Burgerfuel for dinner and home for hot bath!!! Bring on summer!!
Now for my bath.
Mrs KD.

Madness
18th October 2006, 19:58
I was hungry & cold too, so Wasp & myself came back after turning around at the closed Royal Hotel in Feathers. We saw the red VTR250 parked on the side of the road on the Feathers side of the hill, went back to have a nosey, no rider to be seen. I think we passed the rider of said bike being pillioned out of the Summit carpark, I hope that all is ok with bike & rider (probably ran out of gas).

Considering I scraped my pipe a few times on the hill I'm glad we didn't eat any pies. Wasp is decievingly heavy, I never scrape my pipe when I'm by myself.

Sneaky HP car hiding behind the bushes at Belmont on the way home, they'll have to try harder, hehe.

Hitcher
18th October 2006, 20:26
A good fun ride and great to meet some new folks. The Tin Shed served as a worthy Plan B. Thank goodness for heated handgrips on my return!

Str8 Jacket
18th October 2006, 20:53
Yeah, what an awesome turn out! I got to Featherston and saw the light fading so I turned around and went home. Stopped at Rimutex and then when I took off I realised that my speedo cable had fallen out so I stopped in some random street and tried to fix it but couldnt.... a friendly resident came out and tried as well but couldnt either, turns out he rides an XJ750. Nice to see everyone :D

phoenixgtr
18th October 2006, 21:15
Yep. An awesome night for a ride. See you all next week

woof

Pex Adams
19th October 2006, 05:54
Max - It was all good about the VTR at the bottom, I toke the owner for a ride to the summit and back and Fatjim's Blue Bottle. It was her first time on the hill, and I think she really enjoyed herself. Pity I couldn't throw her on the back of a decent bike...

Nonetheless, really enjoyed the night. Even Ms Pex seem to enjoy herself... However Flame & Uncle B, after talking to her, we no longer require your help & services in the bedroom. But thanks for the offer!!!!:

Kendog
19th October 2006, 05:57
ohhhhhhh, goss, do tell!!!!! (my life is so empty!:mellow: )

Dreamer
19th October 2006, 06:50
Last night was magic! Watching someone going over the hill for the first time brought back so many good memories. Most of you were there then, and you haven't changed. You are a great bunch. And you're a big part of why I love motorcycling so much. Cheers!

Wasp
19th October 2006, 06:57
and you haven't changed
I have changed thank you very much... I'm now sore and bikeless and thanks to last night I now know the true meaning of "holding on for dear life".

Thanks maximus for the fun last night, I really enjoyed having a crazed maniacal grin on my face.

Freakshow
19th October 2006, 09:09
What a great ride, Don't know if I would call it a cruise?:shutup:

Was great to meet all these new faces, and all the old ones on new bikes :Punk: Jelous!!!

Bring on more summer cruising:sunny:

Str8 Jacket
19th October 2006, 09:14

You were stuck behind me, werent you?

Freakshow
19th October 2006, 09:37
You were stuck behind me, werent you?

Yeah I was but your not slow! It would be great to see you at Manfield again.

RantyDave
19th October 2006, 09:53
Sneaky HP car hiding behind the bushes at Belmont on the way home, they'll have to try harder, hehe.
Just as the motorway hits a 70 limit? Yeah, I saw him too, cheeky bugger. Still, logical place to park up if you're a traffic cop.

Dave

Str8 Jacket
19th October 2006, 09:57
Yeah I was but your not slow! It would be great to see you at Manfield again.

lol, cheers. Sure that it wasnt the 2 stroke fumes getting to you?... :D

RantyDave
19th October 2006, 09:58
I think the cruisy aspect of it will come back when we get more newbies. I personally know of three currently in the pre-group-ride stage that should be drag along-able in a couple of months' time. If that.

Anyway, I had my work cut out hanging on to some nutjob on a GSX. Sheeeat!

Dave

MikeyG
19th October 2006, 10:02
Just as the motorway hits a 70 limit? Yeah, I saw him too, cheeky bugger. Still, logical place to park up if you're a traffic cop.

Dave

Fair enough too. I'm ok with them making sure people slow down coming into a town especially in afternoons/evenings when there are kids out. It's when they are picking people off on long 100km/h straights that it pisses me off.

Sounds like I missed a good ride.

Saw you riding into town on Tues Dave, the Trumpy looks good

Uncle B
19th October 2006, 10:08
I had my work cut out hanging on to some nutjob on a GSX. Sheeeat!
I'll have to add 'nutjob' to my list of alter ego's

Good to see you all out.
Must take clear visor next time.....couldn't see jack all the way home.

Str8 Jacket
19th October 2006, 10:12
Must take clear visor next time.....couldn't see jack all the way home.

Yes, well thats what you get for taking half a day off work to go riding and then go riding all night. Lucky buggar!

Uncle B
19th October 2006, 10:32
Yes, well thats what you get for taking half a day off work to go riding and then go riding all night. Lucky buggar!
It was a great day too.

skelstar
19th October 2006, 10:39
Was a great arvo B. Still giggling from our hyper-trip back to MartinB.

MikeyG
19th October 2006, 10:42
Forecast is for a good day tomorrow, drizzle and gale force winds on sat, rain and southerlies on sun, and showers on mon.

Now I wish I did go out yesterday.

Uncle B
19th October 2006, 10:51
Forecast is for a good day tomorrow, drizzle and gale force winds on sat, rain and southerlies on sun, and showers on mon.

Thanks for that

Str8 Jacket
19th October 2006, 10:51

Yes, you should have. It was a beautiful day and a beautiful evening! As I was coming back over the hill the sky looked amazing, it was alsorts of bright colours.

MikeyG
19th October 2006, 11:04
alsorts of bright colours.

Sunset or an acid flashback?

hsvboy06
19th October 2006, 11:45
It was a fun night. I have to admit that I was a little worried about my first night time crossing of the great hill, but in fact I found it pretty good. Thank goodness for the SV's excellent headlights (which I had on full beam most of the time). I thought I'd be best to ride with other bikes, but in fact tail/brake lights flashing in my eyes and headlights in my mirrors were just off-putting, and I found it easier when I was on my own. Although, having said that, the old "look where you want to go" thing as you go around corners is a bit different when "where you want to go" is pitch black because your headlight is shining at the bushes on the side of the road...

Also, just my 10c, but I don't think we can call that ride "cruisey". I don't think it was really a problem for us not-so-newbie-anymore's, but we need to be careful not to entice complete newbies along and then leave them behind. (I did eventually figure out that the light behind me coming down the hill on the way home was Uncle B, presumably doing his "looking after the kids" thing again - much appreciated :first: ).

Str8 Jacket
19th October 2006, 12:06
Also, just my 10c, but I don't think we can call that ride "cruisey". I don't think it was really a problem for us not-so-newbie-anymore's, but we need to be careful not to entice complete newbies along and then leave them behind. (I did eventually figure out that the light behind me coming down the hill on the way home was Uncle B, presumably doing his "looking after the kids" thing again - much appreciated :first: ).

Yeah, fair enough. I hadnt been on my bike for awhile due to my back being "buggered" so I felt I needed a bit of a blat but in hindesight I probably should have taken it a little slower.... Your right about Uncle B though, hes bloody good for looking after the newer riders like he does!

Kendog
19th October 2006, 12:35
Yep, Uncle B; I still haven't figured out if he's a ghost, the mysterious rider in black who shadows losers, oops I mean slow people like me, or if he's a guardian angel?:innocent: . I also wonder if he's just waiting for you to ass off so he can laugh at you? :dodge: Either way, it is much appreciated when everyone else disappears into the distance! :niceone: Uncle B.
Mrs KD.

skelstar
19th October 2006, 12:52
Just make the ride how you want it I reckon...just cater for all types. No reason why you shouldnt nail it and then wait up surely.

There were a lot of bikes there last night (surprised actually)...not everyone wants to ride at one pace.

cowpoos
19th October 2006, 13:10
A good fun ride and great to meet some new folks. The Tin Shed served as a worthy Plan B. Thank goodness for heated handgrips on my return!
well....RG and me decided to go to the pub last night for a beer and some wedges..[bloody red pub shut!!! grrr]..and forgot you guys might be over here....some buggar should have flicked me a txt..so hitcher can shout me that beer he owes me....would have been to catch up with some of you I ain't seen in ages...

Fatjim
19th October 2006, 13:20

Good point, although I'm not sure if anybody did get left behind.

Pex was last to the pub IIRC and Bruce was last back to UH. Did we miss anybody?

And Dreamer/friend, a little more speed in the wind helps you keep upright. Something to work on :scooter:

Darkman
19th October 2006, 13:43
Was a great arvo B. Still giggling from our hyper-trip back to MartinB.

cheers for asking me to come along......

Uncle B
19th October 2006, 14:26
Just make the ride how you want it I reckon...just cater for all types. No reason why you shouldnt nail it and then wait up surely.

There were a lot of bikes there last night (surprised actually)...not everyone wants to ride at one pace.
Well said frozen fruit boy :niceone:

Some of the not-so-newbies forget that they are not-so-newbie now and will go at a faster pace than the new newbies.
The experienced guys will go ahead and do their own thing which is fine as long as we all make it to where ever we are going, meet up, share a laugh or two and have a good time.

The TCWNR is not a race, nor is it a test to see how fast you can go.
The group will get split up because of the different abilities of the riders.
Again, as long as we all make it, travel at your own pace and enjoy yourself.

I enjoy riding will you all and would gladly do it anytime.

Pex Adams
19th October 2006, 14:54
cheers for asking me to come along......

Yeah, Me too!!!

Well said frozen fruit boy :niceone:

Some of the not-so-newbies forget that they are not-so-newbie now and will go at a faster pace than the new newbies.
The experienced guys will go ahead and do their own thing which is fine as long as we all make it to where ever we are going, meet up, share a laugh or two and have a good time.

The TCWNR is not a race, nor is it a test to see how fast you can go.
The group will get split up because of the different abilities of the riders.
Again, as long as we all make it, travel at your own pace and enjoy yourself.

I enjoy riding will you all and would gladly do it anytime.

Careful Uncle B, your starting to sound like someone incharge! People might start to think your a responsible, well respected person in the community
You don't want that to happen...

Hitcher
19th October 2006, 15:09
so hitcher can shout me that beer he owes me

As soon as we are simultaneously located at a suitable place of purveyance, I shall be happy to ply your fair tit-pulling self with an ale of your preference.

rwh
19th October 2006, 15:18
Good point, although I'm not sure if anybody did get left behind.

I didn't exactly get left behind ... but in my effort to keep up, I think I got to around 60k over the legal limit, which isn't so good.
I don't mind riding at 100, and will deal with any tickets I get for that, but I'm not so happy if I end up in licence-loss territory.

And splitting up is all very well - if we all actually know where we're going when we leave. There were at least two plans being discussed, and I had no idea which we were following until we passed the Haywards turnoff.

Richard

Fatjim
19th October 2006, 15:28
I think the old farts decided at the last moment to go to FEatherston, not Mana as some of less "mature" kb'ers suggested.

The truth is, when you get a bunch, some people just don't listen, thats why Uncle Bruce stopeed at the Red pub and not the tin shed. AAAARRRRGGGGHHH, oh well, at least he went over the hill. Not looking forward to that lad's parkinson's getting much worse. He'll be the first Gixxer rider with a carbon fibre catheter bag.