PDA

View Full Version : Sunday 10th September - Where Did You Ride Today?

Terminated
10th September 2006, 15:34
Good run with Drum through Whitemans Valley [WV] out to Maymorn and Te Marua then back over Mangaroa Hill thru WV back to Silverstream. Congrats Drum on the new arrival.

Then second run with Mentor through WV to Te Marua out along Akatarawa Road to Staglands back over Mangaroa Hill, WV, Silverstream and home. Thanks Uncle B for your review of my riding today.

Heads Up and Enjoy

hXc
10th September 2006, 15:38
Nowhere! It's too bloody cold and wet here. It's like Auckland and I want it to go away!:bye:

Gwinch
10th September 2006, 15:55
Maiden voyage of the TZR today, did a nice long run aswell which was lovely. Clear weather the entire way (I love www.metvuw.com) from Howick -> Whitford -> Maraetai -> Clevedon (for ice-cream) and then all the way back. It was about 58km which isn't bad for my first time on the streets now is it? Oh yeah, got home about 15 minutes before the sky decided to fall again. Booya!

Hawkeye
10th September 2006, 16:15
Went from Tawa, around Pauatahanui Inlet, over Haywards, up to Caltex, over Taka's to Carterton, back to Martinborough. Had a coffee at the FF. Back up to the top of the Taka's, back down to Featherston, back over the Taka's, over Haywards, around the Inlet and back to Tawa.
Just a little Sunday morning jaunt. :yes:
Bloody cold at the top and not many out.
HP busy setting up on the side of the road, about halfway down on the Featherston side. Hope everyone going over didn't contribute to Helen's holiday fund today.

I've been at work.

R6_kid
10th September 2006, 16:44
the R6 travelled approx 3m from the back of Frostys van into my garage, finally home after its voyage back from Taupo race track.

Nice schnauzer buckbuck

McJim
10th September 2006, 16:46
http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?t=34402&page=16

This was the result of our noobie run today.:scooter:

Maha
10th September 2006, 16:52
Nowhere........:cry: :cry:

Blackbird
10th September 2006, 16:57
Down SH1 to Taupo for lunch and then back to Tokoroa via Poehepe Road and Whakamaru. A bit drizzly in places and cool but any quality time on 2 wheels is well worthwhile. Clearly, other bikers didn't agree as I only saw one other bike on the 160 km round trip!

jtzzr
10th September 2006, 16:59
NOWHERE !!!! Did you just post this to mock me .WHY , please , WHY:bye: :bye:

Blackbird
10th September 2006, 17:04
NOWHERE !!!! Did you just post this to mock me .WHY , please , WHY:bye: :bye:

Snigger. Spose you were sipping latte in Parnell eh?:innocent:

Had finished my chores so was allowed out to play!

G

far queue
10th September 2006, 18:08
Went for a ride yesterday morning over the Summit Road and Gebbies Pass, planning to have a look round the south side of Banks Peninsula and get some landscape photos, but the weather was crap - no rain, but I was riding through low cloud on the summit road and continuing low overcast over the peninsula. I went as far as Birdlings flat, had a wee play in the shingle, then chucked it in and went home. I still enjoyed my time on the bike, just didn't get the pics I was after - oh well, another day.

Wouldn't you know it, perfect weather for photos and riding today - blue skies and no wind. But, I'd promised to spend some the day with "her indoors" today, so we went for a walk from Taylors Mistake to Godley Head and back - that's about 2.5 hours walking in the hills - great weather for that too :sunny:

scracha
10th September 2006, 18:42
Around my mate's field but it was windy so the horse started to spook.

jtzzr
10th September 2006, 18:46
Snigger. Spose you were sipping latte in Parnell eh?:innocent:

Had finished my chores so was allowed out to play!

G

Not you too mate,and the closest Iv`e ever been to a latte is LATE , glad you all enjoyed your rides, walks away from computer mumbling under breath.:whocares: :angry: :whocares:

Oakie
10th September 2006, 19:14
Nowhere. Went away for the weekend and had to take the car.
Did go and play mini-golf this afternoon though but couldn't play the 18th hole as the wee boy (5yrs?) had tried to get the ball out of the final hole and got his arm stuck in the tube that the ball returns to the caddy-shack in. Dad tried to pull the boy out and finished up popping the boys shoulder out (no shit) without actually freeing the wee fella. When we left they were waiting for the fire brigade to arrive to see what they could do.

boomer
10th September 2006, 19:21
No riding for me, the coro run was cancelled and the bikes just been buffed & polished.. so i wasn't gonna go out in teh rain;

Went swimmin with the kids, bought an xbox360, went to the kids playground out east ( the expensive indoor jobby )

oh..and i've got no work until i can be bothered looking for a new job so i'll take advantage of the sunny week(s) ahead and go play with maself :innocent:

Ruralman
10th September 2006, 20:19
Finished a trip I started yesterday - camped the night in Dunedin and came home this morning. report below
http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?t=35364

andrea
10th September 2006, 20:36
nowhere really well just managed to take the bike out for a lil and then back, farken head and body still hurts from all that heavy lifting on the onsite work last night. hoping to go on the coromandel ride next week with my mentor:niceone:

Nutter34
10th September 2006, 23:40
Just a short ride from Nelson, over the Whangamoas to Rai Valley and back. A very nice day out with no grit or dampness anywhere....

What's rain?

Forest
12th September 2006, 01:38
I had a R1200GS rented this weekend. Some work cropped up on Saturday, so I wasn't able to ride all day. I decided to make the most of Sunday.

Left Auckland around 9.30am on Sunday morning and went down to Mt Maunganui for breakfast on the waterfront. Weather was good so went down the coast towards Whakatane. Refueled in Te Puke. Pulled over by a cop on the straights near Matata doing 118km (good thing he wasn't around earlier). And he let me go without a ticket. WTF!?!? Cheers mate! :rockon:

Fueled up at Kawerau and back-tracked up to Te Teko. Followed the old Galatea road towards Murapara. Jumped onto the gravel road and road through the Ureweras towards Waikaremoana. Rain was pissing down through the hills but the ride was excellent. The 1200GS ate up the 100km of wet clay and gravel. Hit Wairoa around 5:50pm and refueled. Decided to follow the coastal road down to Napier.

Unfortunately it was freezing and I was soaked. Stopped at Fred's most excellent pub and had a great night (tasty feed, good company, use of the clothes dryer, and a bed). Cheers Fred - you're a real champion!

Had to get the rental back to Auckland before 9am so got up at 2am (joy!) and rode down to Napier in the rain & fog. Stupid prick at the Bayview petrol station wouldn't take the petrol pumps off prepay so I continued on to Taupo. Road was bloody *freezing* but I got there in the end. Thank god for heated grips.

Got a good feed and refueled the bike just out of Taupo and pushed on to Tirau. Went north through Matamata and watched the Sun rise and I zoomed down the plains. Got to Pukekohe around 7am and into the traffic (crap!). Bike was back at the rental shop around 8:15 am.

Total distance was around 1,060km in a single 23 hour stretch (including 100km of gravel). I was totally buggered today at work. But I wouldn't have it any other way. :)

Just another weekend on two wheels.

BigTex
12th September 2006, 01:43
Sunday my brother-in-law took me up from tauranga to this big waterfall/park then all the way up through the hills with a nice view over the waikato (spelling?) region. First time on wet roads but it wasn't too bad.

Went way past Te Puke today to send a postcard home and then I went through welcome bay and back home. Good times.

gijoe1313
12th September 2006, 12:41
Nice one Forest, thats a fair whack of klicks to do in 23 hours! Interesting ride and thanks for sharing!

rasty
12th September 2006, 15:15
Trial run for the Grand Challenge so - Auckland - New Plymouth-Wanganui - Palm. Nth-Napier -Taupo-Turangi-Taumaranui - Auckland. And sleep for a while

jumma
12th September 2006, 15:39
Sunday, did a quick blast around Makara. Bar the Karori end the roads crap at the moment, still alot of debris on the road from the recent slips. This morning I had a late start so left home early and went round the entire south coast, through Scorching and Shelly bay's and into town via Oriental Bay. Great morning for it.