PDA

View Full Version : Adjusting gear and rear brake lever for comfort

Reno
13th September 2006, 09:32
Is it possible to adjust the position/angle of the gear and rear brake lever on my '05 636?
Should I be reading the manual for this?:sweatdrop
Any comments welcome.

Motig
13th September 2006, 10:38
Probably.I dont really know as I'm not familiar with the bike but if there on a spline you could take them of and try repositioning by one spline etc to find a posistion that suits. I see on my Suzi that I can do that with my brake but not the gearchange.

merv
13th September 2006, 11:50
Generally shift your gear lever on the spline unless it has a linkage with adjuster on it.

Most bikes these days have a simple screw adjuster arrangement at the rear brake master cylinder rod and I assume the 636 does too.

See attached pic of my VFR I've put a wee ring in yellow around where the adjuster is on that. You just need a couple of small spanners (10mm on that) to undo the locknut and adjust the rod and do it up again once the pedal is where you want it.

Just check your clearances when you finished as you can't have either lever bottoming on the frame anywhere i.e. wherever you set it to you must still have clearance for all to operate properly.

Disco Dan
23rd September 2006, 22:47
They can be adjusted??? fantastic! I just thought I had long legs on a little bike! I can only just get my foot on the brake and even then its only a short while before it becomes painful! ...awsome, will get to work adjusting away!! CHEERS! :banana: