PDA

View Full Version : Dold Industries

saltydog
13th September 2006, 19:52
So I want to fork out some dosh and get the best......does anyone know their (Dold's) website so mugs like me can go online and see what they have in stock? Has anyone got any info/recommendations on the Astro or Viper? Shoei appear to be....well...usless, with hardly any stock in their warehouse and a 6 week delivery time!!!

Blackbird
13th September 2006, 20:05
I don't think Dold have a website of their own as that's the parent company of Ventura (www.ventura-bike.com/). Try making a query through their Contact Me facility on this website.

It's not you I see regularly on the Whakatane-Rotorua highway early on weekday mornings is it? I work at the Kawerau pulpmill 1-2 days a week and unfortunately, I'm always in the car.

P.S I think they're wholesalers, not retailers

saltydog
13th September 2006, 20:32
na, thats not me, I work at sea, but have done many shuts out the mill, most recently the PM2 upgrade. So Dolds is ventura huh? I suppose I'll have to go through Rees, it would be nice to do a cash sale wouldnt it! :-)
cheers for the reply....

Lou Girardin
13th September 2006, 20:34
Dolds are wholesalers, they don't deal with the public. Contact a retailer for the info you want.

Mental Trousers
13th September 2006, 21:11
What Lou said. Sorry.

Blackbird
14th September 2006, 16:17
na, thats not me, I work at sea, but have done many shuts out the mill, most recently the PM2 upgrade. So Dolds is ventura huh? I suppose I'll have to go through Rees, it would be nice to do a cash sale wouldnt it! :-)
cheers for the reply....

Good luck anyway. I'm tied up with the last stages of the PD2 upgrade at present, hence the early morning trips between Kinleith and Tasman Mills.:zzzz: Nice road for biking on apart from the 80k limit round the lakes.

Beemer
14th September 2006, 16:50
Good luck anyway. I'm tied up with the last stages of the PD2 upgrade at present, hence the early morning trips between Kinleith and Tasman Mills.:zzzz: Nice road for biking on apart from the 80k limit round the lakes.

What??? 80k limit around the lakes - no!!! When did that come in?

I learned to drive on the logging roads around the forests in that neck of the woods - lived in Whakatane until 1986, nice beach, shame my brother still lives there...

Blackbird
14th September 2006, 19:27
What??? 80k limit around the lakes - no!!! When did that come in?

I learned to drive on the logging roads around the forests in that neck of the woods - lived in Whakatane until 1986, nice beach, shame my brother still lives there...

Like at least 8 years or more:yes: I should know, that was where I had my last bike ticket for overtaking a mufti car - that's why I remember.:shutup: It drops to 70 k round Rotoiti.

saltydog
14th September 2006, 20:47
I've flaunted that stretch of road to the max, had one ticket and got away once....It is a awesume road at speed though.....couple of wet slippery spots but generally nice ride